On the prowl for VSONIC GR07s; how do they compare to the Radius DDM?
Jun 8, 2011 at 12:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mickcenary

Head-Fier
Hey, Head-fiers.

I'm considering picking up some GR07s (my avenues for doing so seem very limited, however; does anyone have a reliable vendor?) and am wondering how they sound compared to the Radius DDM. I love the Radius' signature and I hear that the GR07 is similar in the sense that it's also warm, fun and very easy to listen to.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, mangs.

Jun 8, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #2 of 4
The main difference are 1) DDM sounds more bassy. Though GR07 can also render deep bass well, just not as abundant in quantity. 2) DDM is more euphonic and laid back, GR07 isn't really forward, but technically more neutral and accurate. It also has better treble extension than DDM. It is hard to find another pair of IEM that is quite relaxing and easygoing as DDM. What GR07 offers more is perhaps a bit more on the technical side.

Jun 8, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
The main difference are 1) DDM sounds more bassy. Though GR07 can also render deep bass well, just not as abundant in quantity. 2) DDM is more euphonic and laid back, GR07 isn't really forward, but technically more neutral and accurate. It also has better treble extension than DDM. It is hard to find another pair of IEM that is quite relaxing and easygoing as DDM. What GR07 offers more is perhaps a bit more on the technical side.

Cheers for the reply, ClieOS. That's all definitely food for thought; maybe they'll complement each other quite nicely.

Jun 29, 2011 at 6:32 AM Post #4 of 4
Hands down gr07. If you want an open signature with clarity and quality. I find myself fatigued by colored earphones such as the ddm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back