OMG The Vibes saved my life...
Mar 10, 2007 at 10:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

penguindude

1000+ Head-Fier
So i was wearing the vibes and walking across a parking lot. I was listening to music at regular volume on the Vibes and suddenly out of no where, a car suddenly started backing out right before i stepped in front of it. Thank god i partially heard an engine noise during the music playback and immediately stopped myself before i actually took the step forward. The driver didnt even see me!

There are 2 things that I got out of my story

One: Thank god the vibes are partially isolated and didnt completely drown out external noise

Two: Crazy drivers who don't look into the mirror before backing up the car should NOT be on the road.

Mar 10, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #2 of 25
Definitely be very aware of your surroundings when using any kind of IEM that block out noise, and I do agree that drivers who don't look in their mirrors shouldn't be on the road.

Mar 10, 2007 at 11:07 PM Post #4 of 25
It seems then that my upcoming vibes will be a warranty upon life.

Mar 10, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #5 of 25
That's the rationalization that led to me ordering them.

All my other portable phones are either IEMs, closed, or uncomfortable.

I take a lot of walks! I need Vibes!

They really are great for this purpose.

Mar 10, 2007 at 11:25 PM Post #6 of 25
Your title seems a little misleading. The vibes had no proactive part in saving your life. Wouldn't you have heard the engine noise even earlier if you hadn't been wearing IEMs in a parking lot?

Mar 10, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #7 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkhkg11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your title seems a little misleading. The vibes had no proactive part in saving your life. Wouldn't you have heard the engine noise even earlier if you hadn't been wearing IEMs in a parking lot?

Hahaha true. But since i'd either be wearing Shure or Vibes anyway, making that choice actually saved my life.
biggrin.gif
But then getting hit probably won't really kill me, but witht possibility of seriously damaging my organs.

Mar 10, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #9 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IEMs + walking in a parking lot = Adventure of the day

LOL. The way I justify it is: WHAT ABOUT DEF PEOPLE .. THEY SEEM PRETTY ON THE BALL.

Mar 11, 2007 at 1:17 AM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

...a car suddenly started backing out right before i stepped in front of it. Thank god i partially heard an engine noise during the music playback and immediately stopped myself before i actually took the step forward.

So the car pulled out in front of you? And if you took another step you would have walked INTO the car? Not the car running you over?

Hardly life saving...
blink.gif

If you had severed a limb using a chain saw and you used the Vibes as a tourniquet to stop you bleeding to death, then maybe "OMG the Vibes saved my life..." might be fitting.....

Mar 11, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #11 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by breseler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the car pulled out in front of you? And if you took another step you would have walked INTO the car? Not the car running you over?

Hardly life saving...
blink.gif

If you had severed a limb using a chain saw and you used the Vibes as a tourniquet to stop you bleeding to death, then maybe "OMG the Vibes saved my life..." might be fitting.....

Here is my situation.

accident.jpg

It's not that i WALKED into the car, it's the DRIVER didnt see me and started backing up in pretty high speed.

Here's what would happen if I didnt hear the engine and didnt stop walking.

died.jpg

And yes, those are blood coming out. :p

Mar 11, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #12 of 25
Hrm, I actually am safer with isolated headphones. When I lose ability to hear the surroundings I start relying on my vision alot more and have a good 4 second lead on everything around me >.<

Glad to see that you are alive
eggosmile.gif

Mar 11, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #13 of 25
I always walk around with my ER4s in. At night. But it's okay, because I focus significantly more attention on my vision, always looking around for signs of headlights in front of or behind me.

Mar 11, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkhkg11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Once I was on a plane surrounded by screaming kids and a pair of Vibes saved my life. Then an engine stalled and a passenger panicked, barreling down the aisle, sending a service cart rolling into the pilot who was on a pee break. He was killed instantly, and the co-pilot passed out upon hearing the news from the flight attendant. Down the plane went, and the passenger next to me, an excellent conversationalist, revealed a parachute he had smuggled on board. He ran for the emergency exit and I followed, still rocking out to Pearl Jam. He jumped and I followed. In free fall I managed to remove my Vibes and lasso one of his legs with the cord. It was at this instant, I believe, that the Vibes saved my life for a second time. He deployed the chute as he tried to kick me free, but I was in for the long haul. We sank majestically into a ravine, but unfortunately we were moving pretty fast, so I decided to abandon leg. I whipped out my trusty Vibes again and lassoed a tree sticking out of the side of a cliff. I am pretty sure the Vibes saved both me and my well prepared friend at that moment. The shame of it all was that the tree I lassoed was pretty dead, and it came unrooted shortly after I latched onto it. Down I went towards a winding river below. Incredibly the Vibes managed to--and I swear I'm not making this up--tie the falling tree branches into a raft in midair. I couldn't believe it myself. I hit the water pretty hard and passed out. I came to to the sound of Pearl Jam, which must have startled me awake, and I found myself draped over the Vibe Raft. Miraculously the Vibes had both plugged back into my iPod and inserted into my ears upon impacting the water. This was quite lucky, because when I awoke I could see a waterfall up ahead. I managed to paddle to shore just in the nick of time, and it was then I realized the Vibes had just saved me two more times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back