Older Yuins VS Newer Yuins
Aug 17, 2013 at 9:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Mike D

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I recently purchased a used pair of older Yuin PK2's. As they were in need of repair, I replaced the plug with a new one. I immediately noticed that these were different from the newer models I had purchased in the recent past, as they had the double wires leading to the plug, whereas the newer models I own have the single wire. Well, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the sound of the older model was superior to that of my newer ones. The same sound signature, but with a bit more separation and depth. My newer pairs of PK2's all have hundreds of hours of burn-in time so it can't be just that alone. Could it be that the people at Yuin took more care in selecting or matching the drivers in these older models when they first came out or maybe the cabling itself made a big difference. I know the newer models come with a more 'robust' rubberized covering on the cable (I use the word 'robust' with tongue in cheek) due to the fact that people had complained about the older cables deteriorating easily.

Has anyone else noticed this difference in sound quality or did I just get lucky?

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back