Old gaming headset died. Need help from the pros!
Sep 23, 2014 at 7:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Virro

New Head-Fier
Hey guys. I recently found myself in a bit of a pickle. My old Razer Carcharias gaming headset has died on me, and I am looking for another headset to fill the void that has been left behind!

I was very happy with the old Carcharias, but when I tried out the 2013 version I was very unhappy with the “upgrade”. Razer had included a USB powered sound/voice adjuster that sent unbearable buzzing noises right into my brain (perhaps due to a lack of power from the USB)

I returned the headset on the spot, but now I am at a loss. I have had my old Carcharias for years, and now the headset market has flown by me.

Because of this, I would love to get some help from you guys.

My requirements:
  1. The headset will be used for PC gaming, and must include an attached microphone
  2. Must be wired
  3. I would very much like to keep the budget at around $110
  4. Since I have had issues with USB powered headsets, I would prefer the good old 3.5mm, but am open to suggestions!
  5. I live in Denmark, so the headset cannot be "US only" (if thats even a thing..)

Hopefully these requirements are not totally outragous.

I did some research on my own and came up with the following:

Corsair Vengeance 1400 

Corsair Vengeance 1500 USB Dolby 7.1 

Sennheiser PC 330 G4ME

SteelSeries 7H 

I would greatly appreciate any sort of feedback or ideas you guys could come up with

Thanks in advance

-Virro

Sep 23, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #2 of 3
  Hey guys. I recently found myself in a bit of a pickle. My old Razer Carcharias gaming headset has died on me, and I am looking for another headset to fill the void that has been left behind!
I was very happy with the old Carcharias, but when I tried out the 2013 version I was very unhappy with the “upgrade”. Razer had included a USB powered sound/voice adjuster that sent unbearable buzzing noises right into my brain (perhaps due to a lack of power from the USB)
I returned the headset on the spot, but now I am at a loss. I have had my old Carcharias for years, and now the headset market has flown by me.
Because of this, I would love to get some help from you guys.

My requirements:
  1. The headset will be used for PC gaming, and must include an attached microphone
  2. Must be wired
  3. I would very much like to keep the budget at around $110
  4. Since I have had issues with USB powered headsets, I would prefer the good old 3.5mm, but am open to suggestions!
  5. I live in Denmark, so the headset cannot be "US only" (if thats even a thing..)

Hopefully these requirements are not totally outragous.
I did some research on my own and came up with the following:

I would greatly appreciate any sort of feedback or ideas you guys could come up with

Check out the HyperX Cloud and Qpad QH-90 headphones, they appear to be Takstar Pro 80s with an attached mic.

Sep 29, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #3 of 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back