Oh no... my x850xt died :(
Aug 25, 2005 at 7:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

james__bean

1000+ Head-Fier
I have a couple weeks off until I start school again, and the second day into my summer vacation my video card takes a crap on me. I've just spent 9 intense weeks studying an entire year's worth of japanese... I need to relieve some stress with a few days worth of CS:Source. I'm on my backup system, which can run World of Warcraft ok, but now that I'm on this system all I can think about is CS:Source. To top it off I can't find my sales invoice for this card so I may not be able to RMA it.
rolleyes.gif

Aug 25, 2005 at 7:56 PM Post #4 of 12
If it was newegg I'd still be able to RMA it through them. They are such an awesome company... ugh.. anyways. I bought it through Monarchcomputer, which is actually a pretty good place, similar to Zipzoomfly. But I believe they both have like a 30 day return policy, then you have to go through the manufacterer. Which is fine, if I hadn't lost my freakin invoice. I tried calling them but nobody picks up. I sent them an email, hopefully they get back to me by today so I can get my card sent out.

Aug 25, 2005 at 8:47 PM Post #5 of 12
My brother bought himself a motherboard and CPU combo from Monarch a while back, and when it crapped out on him they replaced it for him. I think the best bet is to contact Monarch through their forums (http://www.monarchcomputer.com/forum/), they seem to reply fairly quickly and you might see other users experiences if they had the same problem as you. Good luck!

Aug 25, 2005 at 11:28 PM Post #7 of 12
May I ask how you killed it? If it's by OC'ing, you better hope you have a sympathetic company.

Aug 26, 2005 at 2:53 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by james__bean
I have a couple weeks off until I start school again, and the second day into my summer vacation my video card takes a crap on me. I've just spent 9 intense weeks studying an entire year's worth of japanese... I need to relieve some stress with a few days worth of CS:Source. I'm on my backup system, which can run World of Warcraft ok, but now that I'm on this system all I can think about is CS:Source. To top it off I can't find my sales invoice for this card so I may not be able to RMA it.
rolleyes.gif

If your card is BBA (Built By ATi), then you won't have any issues. Go to www.ati.com and create an account and an RMA request. They'll tell you to send it to an address, and once you do you just wait a few days and it'll head back to you, no questions asked.

My X800 Pro crapped out on me, I bought it from Newegg and didn't have a receipt. I just sent it to the Markham ATi headquarters, and I got a brand new card within a week.

Aug 26, 2005 at 1:03 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Yeah, so's my Voodoo 3, but I ain't gonna get any level of framerate with BF2 with it.
rolleyes.gif

-Ed

Damn shame, too. Glide was so much better than D3D or OGL...

/misses Deus Ex with Glide

Users who are viewing this thread

Back