OH, No, Have A uprising at Thailand
Sep 19, 2006 at 6:04 PM Post #18 of 39
can you watch astv?
it's the only one station that report the situation now.

Sep 19, 2006 at 6:17 PM Post #19 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by chat7
can you watch astv?
it's the only one station that report the situation now.

Can't watch it

I Think All TV in Thailand had Blocked now

Sep 19, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #20 of 39
I lived and worked in BBK for five years. I didn't like Thaksin. I worked at The Nation newspaper and he was having people fired, shut down our radio station and was trying to supress the free press. If the military is doing this to finally free Thailand of Thaksin's arrogant grasp, then I'm happy about it. Does it have the King's blessings. The King is a great man and if he calls for the coup to stop, it will stop. If he doesn't...well, bye bye Thaksin once and for all.

Sep 19, 2006 at 7:03 PM Post #22 of 39
JUST GREAT what the hell. My dad just called me up and said my mom went on a covert missionary trip to Cambodia via Thailand and she was expected to make it back across the border to Thailand tomorrow and fly out of Bangkok then tomorrow. But he hasn't heard from her since she called from Thailand to say she was about to head across the border to Cambodia, and that was a week ago. WHAT THE HELL. How's my mom supposed to get back into Thailand, from Cambodia? And then, are they just going to let her fly out when obviously they shut down communications and transportation today?

I told my dad to call her missionary group's organization to see if anyone over there has been in contact with anyone all week long - they better have! And then to contact the US Embassy to get my mom the hell outta Thailand or Cambodia or wherever. DAMMIT.

Sep 19, 2006 at 7:20 PM Post #23 of 39
Your mom is safe. farang or foriegner always are give (per the King's request, which no one questions) perferencial treatment. They are always show respect and courtesy. I lived there five years and never encountered a single moment of fear or disrespect. Your mother is absolutely fine.

"Even thou the military is doing this "for the good of the country". This is surely the wrong way of going about it, to be a democracy this is not the way to achieve it."

Sep 19, 2006 at 7:24 PM Post #24 of 39
That's good to hear. I'm hoping it's more an issue of failed communications and inconvenience than anything else. My mom has a habit of doing this - last time, she snuck into north korea via china with bibles hidden in her suitcase. She's hardcore. Well, we'll definitely know by tomorrow hopefully what's going on. If you hear anything about the airports, let us know!

Sep 19, 2006 at 7:33 PM Post #25 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
That's good to hear. I'm hoping it's more an issue of failed communications and inconvenience than anything else. My mom has a habit of doing this - last time, she snuck into north korea via china with bibles hidden in her suitcase. She's hardcore. Well, we'll definitely know by tomorrow hopefully what's going on. If you hear anything about the airports, let us know!

wow, don't mean to be insensitive here, but your mom sounds funny lol. wow, to sneak into north korea with bibles hidden...

Sep 19, 2006 at 7:37 PM Post #26 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by afobisme
wow, don't mean to be insensitive here, but your mom sounds funny lol. wow, to sneak into north korea with bibles hidden...

i'm from a family of strong willed women. my sister really rips it up when she's on the film set too. come to think of it, i married a strong willed woman as well. go with what you know
biggrin.gif
anyhow my wife was the one who suggested the embassy and missions leadership, i was too busy cursing. sometimes it helps to have someone who has your back and she has a damn strong backbone too.

Sep 19, 2006 at 7:45 PM Post #27 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
i'm from a family of strong willed women. my sister really rips it up when she's on the film set too. come to think of it, i married a strong willed woman as well. go with what you know
biggrin.gif
anyhow my wife was the one who suggested the embassy and missions leadership, i was too busy cursing. sometimes it helps to have someone who has your back and she has a damn strong backbone too.

Crazy stuff jahn...hang in there!

Sep 19, 2006 at 7:52 PM Post #29 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
It's not funny when you can be killed if caught.

-Ed

well, yeah that's true. it's real possible with the north koreans too.

but her being a mischiveous religious woman is still funny.

i wouldn't like it if my mom did that too, so i understand that part. honestly though, i doubt anything is wrong with Jahn's mom... but of course i understand that he's worried.

Sep 19, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #30 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang
I lived and worked in BBK for five years. I didn't like Thaksin. I worked at The Nation newspaper and he was having people fired, shut down our radio station and was trying to supress the free press. If the military is doing this to finally free Thailand of Thaksin's arrogant grasp, then I'm happy about it. Does it have the King's blessings. The King is a great man and if he calls for the coup to stop, it will stop. If he doesn't...well, bye bye Thaksin once and for all.

I think komchadluek is Good News Paper to nation Group

Sometimes, I don't like Thaksin Worked

But I Hate Military than Thaksin

I Don't need Thailand change to Indonisia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back