Official X3 2nd gen beta firmware thread--FW1.44: library search, ReplayGain, high speed USB, DoP, D2P...
Jan 31, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #226 of 367
Really buggy for me. I had an issue with the player's screen freezing for 10-20 seconds that I was told was down to my SD card (by FiiO). After switching my SD card, the problem was minimised but was still there. It has returned as well as the other interface lags. Then, I have strange white screens when going into various categories that causes the player to hang through several minutes and forces a reset.  Is the problem with my device? I would most definitely like a replacement if this is the case.

Feb 1, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #227 of 367
I had to abandon ship on this update.  First, the dropping of OTG was a bummer.

Second, I had trouble getting it to work as an external DAC with my iphone.  With 1.4, I could get it to work as a DAC by putting a "Cute" brand USB hut into the chain with the Camera Connecting Kit.  No matter how hard I tried I could not get this "trick" to work with the iphone and the X3II.  Yes, I did put it into DAC mode and restarted the unit....been there done that.   Went back to 1.4 and all was well.

Now some of the features in 1.4 seem great, especially replay gain.  So I hope that these two features I mentioned return to working status with further updates.

I was able to get the unit to function as a DSD DAC with my PC under 1.4.  I wonder what the scenario is for the new DSD options?  May I am lucky because my day to day PC software has quite a strong DSD support capability and perhaps not all software has that?

Feb 3, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #229 of 367
Had the same problem searching through songs i.e. since I start each filename with the track number the search function wouldn't find anything. Should either use the Title tag or a simple regular expression to ignore leading digits.

More than anything I'd like to see the search function as an option. I rely on the shortcut button to get me back to Now Playing from anywhere at anytime. Now that functionality is compromised because if I'm in a category (album, song, artist etc.) that functionality has been replaced by search. I think search is a great idea but, for me, I'd prefer the shortcut button to work as it used to. To satisfy people who want/need search can we have an option to have the shortcut button invoke search or now playing? or, find another way to invoke search like a quick double tap or something...

Feb 3, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #230 of 367
Had the same problem searching through songs i.e. since I start each filename with the track number the search function wouldn't find anything. Should either use the Title tag or a simple regular expression to ignore leading digits.

More than anything I'd like to see the search function as an option. I rely on the shortcut button to get me back to Now Playing from anywhere at anytime. Now that functionality is compromised because if I'm in a category (album, song, artist etc.) that functionality has been replaced by search. I think search is a great idea but, for me, I'd prefer the shortcut button to work as it used to. To satisfy people who want/need search can we have an option to have the shortcut button invoke search or now playing? or, find another way to invoke search like a quick double tap or something...
I've rolled back to the prior beta due to the equaliser being disengaged. But regarding your comment regarding the shortcuts. I thought it was still there with a short press of the shortcut key while a long press activated search?

Feb 3, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #231 of 367
I've rolled back to the prior beta due to the equaliser being disengaged. But regarding your comment regarding the shortcuts. I thought it was still there with a short press of the shortcut key while a long press activated search?

As far as I can tell, a short press of the shortcut key only calls up the 'shortcut bar' which doesn't include 'now playing'.......

Feb 3, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #233 of 367
Hi guys,

Am I right in thinking that the equaliser doesn't work whilst in USB DAC mode ?

I'm not very happy with this device when used as a USB DAC. Currently on the latest stock firmware but will give the beta a trial if it improves the USB DAC performance 

Many thanks

Feb 4, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #234 of 367
Hi guys,

Am I right in thinking that the equaliser doesn't work whilst in USB DAC mode ?

I'm not very happy with this device when used as a USB DAC. Currently on the latest stock firmware but will give the beta a trial if it improves the USB DAC performance 

Many thanks

The eq doesn't work at all with this beta fw. It's been reported already in the X3II thread and in this one I thought.

Feb 5, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #236 of 367
Love the additional features.  Hoping they fix the EQ and release another update :)

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #239 of 367
  Actually, (IMHO) what needs to be fixed first is for the track search to search by the title tag instead of the filename. Searching by filename is useless.

Different preferences I guess - I never search for songs - only albums and artists, so it hasn't really affected me.  I can see why others would find it important though.  How about we put both on the list and hope they are both corrected in the next release 
smile.gif

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:50 AM Post #240 of 367

Different preferences I guess - I never search for songs - only albums and artists, so it hasn't really affected me.  I can see why others would find it important though.  How about we put both on the list and hope they are both corrected in the next release 
smile.gif

Personally, with good headphones, there's very little to no need for the EQ. But sure, let's get both the search and the EQ fixed for the next release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back