Official X3 1st gen firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit, play through folders--Happy Chinese New Year!
Feb 10, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #452 of 921
Path memory working very nicely. Thank you. Disregard I found answer.

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #453 of 921
So how do you jump to home screen now? Long press back button now is "delete folder"
confused_face(1).gif

Feb 11, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #455 of 921
Is the play through folder a new option? It just happened and upon looking I see the option is on as default, I don't remember seeing it before.

Feb 11, 2015 at 2:38 AM Post #456 of 921
Beta firmware version 3.34 for the X3 is now available!
Mediafire download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/r4g5b5mz2oq455n/X3_FW3.34Beta.zip
Temporary dropbox mirror: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z23o9evnsnenniz/X3%20FW3.34Beta.zip?dl=0

After downloading the update, please unpack (unRAR / unZIP) the package and read the update instructions contained within.

The following changes and improvements were made to firmware 3.34beta compared to FW3.30:
1. Path memory feature: Pressing the Back button from the Now Playing screen will now always take you to the folder / album / etc. from which the current song is selected. This is true even after navigating to the main menu or powering the X3 off and back on.
2. Removed 5800 song limit on number of songs that may be indexed by the X3 media library.
3. Added option to play through folders: ie skipping to the first song in the next folder after the last song in the current folder.
4. Added option to delete a whole folder.
5. Added feature to display ID3-based song title rather than filename in Now Playing screen. (feature was introduced in 3.30 but broken; fixed now)

Looking forward to everyone's feedback
smily_headphones1.gif

Features 1 and 4 have added a lot to the player's usability. Kudos for that
smile_phones.gif

However, feature 5 still seems bugged. The "Unknown Artist" problem is gone but it still shows the filename without the extension instead of the ID3 title.
I tried deleting the media database files and then updating the library but that did not work out.

Feb 11, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #458 of 921
Great changes, gotta try out the new beta just in a second.

I'm still hoping you are adding the ability to the settings for the "Artist" library sorted by either "Track Artist" or "Album Artist".
Currently all of the tracks are sorted by "Track Artist" in the library view which causes multiple values on the same album (e.G. "Touch Yello" where are several guest artists and therefore there is e.G. "Yello ft. Till Broenne" -> "Touch Yello" -> [the tracks only featureing Till Broenner instead of all of the tracks]).
Many older DAPs share the same problem (e.G. iPod Classic). Newer ones don't, they have got the right library sorting by "Album Artist" (A&K, Apple iPhone (where you can select a sorting either by track artist or album artist).
It would really be nice if you could fix that.

Feb 11, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #459 of 921
Mediafire download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/r4g5b5mz2oq455n/X3_FW3.34Beta.zip
Temporary dropbox mirror: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z23o9evnsnenniz/X3%20FW3.34Beta.zip?dl=0

After downloading the update, please unpack (unRAR / unZIP) the package and read the update instructions contained within.

The following changes and improvements were made to firmware 3.34beta compared to FW3.30:
1. Path memory feature: Pressing the Back button from the Now Playing screen will now always take you to the folder / album / etc. from which the current song is selected. This is true even after navigating to the main menu or powering the X3 off and back on.
2. Removed 5800 song limit on number of songs that may be indexed by the X3 media library.
3. Added option to play through folders: ie skipping to the first song in the next folder after the last song in the current folder.
5. Added feature to display ID3-based song title rather than filename in Now Playing screen. (feature was introduced in 3.30 but broken; fixed now)

smily_headphones1.gif

Will try this tonight, 1-3 is greatly appreciated, features that were greatly missed having used Rockbox on other devices in the past, so that's just awesome!
Big thanks to the code monkeys.
beerchug.gif

Feb 11, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #460 of 921
All my favorites got wiped in the process up updating to the latest beta. Not a happy camper atm.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/742014/official-x3-firmware-thread-3-34beta-removed-5800-song-limit-play-through-folders-happy-chinese-new-year/435#post_11276927

Feature request:

Export favorites as playlist.

I've got a lot in favorites. There is no way to back it up.

Feb 11, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #462 of 921

smily_headphones1.gif

thanks @Joe Bloggs and happy new year to all Fiio team  ...... downloading >>>>>

Feb 11, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #463 of 921
(posted this in the regular X3 thread, and am pasting it here before I delete it there, so I haven't had time to check if this has been covered yet.)

Re: FW 3.34b

I'm at work (hasn't even started yet), and so won't be able to download 3.34B for around 10 hours.

I was one of those "oversensitive/placebo" people who found 3.3 to sound "harsher" than 3.22b and 3.24b.  :) 

A few other people replied that they felt the same way.
If you are one of those people, can you report how the sound quality compares on 3.34b?

Feb 11, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #464 of 921
  (posted this in the regular X3 thread, and am pasting it here before I delete it there, so I haven't had time to check if this has been covered yet.)

Re: FW 3.34b

I'm at work (hasn't even started yet), and so won't be able to download 3.34B for around 10 hours.

I was one of those "oversensitive/placebo" people who found 3.3 to sound "harsher" than 3.22b and 3.24b.  :) 

A few other people replied that they felt the same way.
If you are one of those people, can you report how the sound quality compares on 3.34b?

I for one am liking new FW. I feel the sound stage has opened up. It sounds more like the 3.24b at least to me. Not sure if its all in my head no pun intended but I sure hear a difference for the better.

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #465 of 921
just short time playing with FW3.34 beta and from the short experience ... it is the best FW ever released for the X3 for these reasons :

1- it sounds very smooth and more detailed on low gain than ever .... usually i use my player always on high gain even with my iem (SE535)  because it happen to give a better sound for me , don't know what happened here in this version !! but may be i will never upgrade the FW again ! 
rolleyes.gif

2- very very handy use now with remembering the song bath and folder ... i love this too much ... now it is easy to navigate all over folders and library ^_^ .

3- the " delete folder " feature is very welcome add too ..

4- +2 for remembering the song path and folder again 
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

5- the unknown artists are known now 

# what i wanted to see , though i am happy right now but should mention those too : 

1- wanted to see a bass, treble and eq shortcut in the quick menu ...

2- non - cropped album art .. i understand fiio's point of view of making it filling the whole screen and partially obvious beneath the bottom bar but it is not doing that for me .... i consider that " high hope with limited resources like : screen size and resolution .. those such prevents Fiio's vision from being a real benefit here .

if any thing new or come in my mind i will update

Users who are viewing this thread

Back