Official NYC Spring 2011 Meet March 19th
Mar 13, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #301 of 405
I read several different threads saying that Blue Dragon is very good for HD650 so i got it as soon it show up in on sale forum and now want to hear if attaching to tube amp will make big difference but i also hope somebody has APureSound Version 3 cable so i can hear the difference without ordering one comparing it and sending back in case i like Blue Dragon better

Mar 14, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #302 of 405
Haven't had time to read through the thread yet, but I just saw it and I am planning on going.  I'll be bringing my wife and a couple other non head-fi friends of mine since they live in queens.  Do I need to bring anything?  Never been to a meet before.

Mar 14, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #303 of 405
OK. Now's about the usual time for me to tell all the newbies and even the tenured people with Alzheimer's, to make sure to bring plenty of power strips and long extension cords.

Mar 14, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #305 of 405
T minus 4 days, one night and counting
beerchug.gif

Mar 14, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #307 of 405
definitely want to come to the meet, but i'm in the process of moving and the only time i have time to pack/move is the weekends. i'll see how much i can get done during the week. either way, looks like it is going to be a great meet.

Mar 14, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #308 of 405
I am going to try to come. It is going to be tough, but I really want to make it for at least a few hours in the first half of the day.

Does anyone have a half decent tape deck lying around? I just got some tapes and want to really hear them.

Mar 14, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #309 of 405
Quote:
definitely want to come to the meet, but i'm in the process of moving and the only time i have time to pack/move is the weekends. i'll see how much i can get done during the week. either way, looks like it is going to be a great meet.

Dave, that'd suck if you didn't make it. hopefully you can take a few hours out of your busy schedule to hang with us.  where are you moving to? are you staying in wp, in the general area, or are you moving farther away/ good luck, and hope you can make it.

Mar 14, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #310 of 405

Quote:
Does anyone have a half decent tape deck lying around? I just got some tapes and want to really hear them.

I was thinking of bringing a dual cassette player/recorder for the silent auction.  I don't have any tapes to play, so I can't confirm that it works or not.

Mar 15, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #312 of 405
I started a new job in South Carolina... while that is a great thing, I was really looking forward to my first meet.. 

:frowning2:

Mar 15, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #313 of 405
Im positively giddy.

my sentiments exactly.i may not sleep til then, im so pumped. Just recased a portable amp and finished recabling my cans. uber excited to meat a bunch of you guys as a few of you guys have been a huge help during my stay here.

Mar 15, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #315 of 405
i've been in touch with some mots trying to russle up some gear and have had some success. this will make some of you rather happy 
biggrin.gif
. i do need to request that i can share a table and good source with someone (Ari?)? also, anyone have a computer loaded with lotsa great music and a way of connecting it to a dac?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back