Official NY /Regional Spring meet, April 20 2013
Apr 4, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #406 of 566
Quote:

If noone asked you before let me be the one to do so.  I would very much love to hear these.  Hoping you can bring them.  (and ignore if you'll already be bringing them)

I'm also thrilled HiFiMan is coming.  Hoping so w/the full line-up ... option for [discounted?] sales would be icing on the cake.

My personal 'stock' is heavily weighted in the $300 - $400 ~ish headphone price range, and I'm in the market for one HP I'd consider extraordinary in the 2x to 3x price range.  So, that's my 'goal' for the meet.

Just get beats, they are the best headphones.

Apr 4, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #408 of 566
Apr 5, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #410 of 566
In addition to what I stated I'll bring added to the 1st page, aside from my new acquisitions of the Yamaha HPH-Pro500 (which I know few have) and Fostex T50RP (which I know many have, dunno if I'll try my hand at modding before the meet) ... I just picked-up a 2nd FiiO E17 and E09K combo DAC-Dock/Pre-Out/Line-out/Amp, and a Little Dot CDP_I Transport that I'll be bringing as a decent native CD source.

Apr 5, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #411 of 566
Quote:
In addition to what I stated I'll bring added to the 1st page, aside from my new acquisitions of the Yamaha HPH-Pro500 (which I know few have) and Fostex T50RP (which I know many have, dunno if I'll try my hand at modding before the meet) ... I just picked-up a 2nd FiiO E17 and E09K combo DAC-Dock/Pre-Out/Line-out/Amp, and a Little Dot CDP_I Transport that I'll be bringing as a decent native CD source.

Mr. Speakers sells modified T50RP's. Might wanna bring them un-modded to the meet up to compare. Dan was nice enough to let me demo a set between now and the meet up. I get 2 weeks with these babies and so far I have enjoyed them. Still getting a full sense of their characteristics and how they relate to my preferences. 

Apr 5, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #412 of 566
Officially have my M-100s in hand! So I'll be bringing those along

Anyone wish for me to bring my Audio Technica ATH-A700s or my Audio gd NFB-11 amp. Let me know prior.

Currently I'm bringing M-100s and Aiaiai TMA-1, with my Cowon J3

Looking forward to the meet! 2 weeks left 
L3000.gif

Apr 5, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #413 of 566
Quote:
Officially have my M-100s in hand! So I'll be bringing those along

Anyone wish for me to bring my Audio Technica ATH-A700s or my Audio gd NFB-11 amp. Let me know prior.

Currently I'm bringing M-100s and Aiaiai TMA-1, with my Cowon J3

Looking forward to the meet! 2 weeks left 
L3000.gif

Awesome. I wanna take a listen to those.

Apr 6, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #414 of 566
As of right now I am scheduled to work on the 20th, but I am going to try and get someone to cover for me. So I should know in the next 3-4 days if I am going to make it.

I hope that work doesn't interfere with my attending another NY meet. I have missed hanging out with my friends from the lengthiest of islands.

Speaking of work:

My employer The Cable Company is exhibiting at the New York Audio Show http://www.chestergroup.org/newyorkaudioshow next weekend April 12 - 14. I will be there showing several reference level Head-Fi type pieces.

Of particular interest to headphone toy junkies will be:

The official unveiling of the Production Version of the Abysis AB-1266 Headphones

The official unveiling of the New Cavalli Liquid Gold Balanced Headphone Amplifier

We will also have a Production Version of the Luxman P-700u Balanced Headphone Amplifier

So I would like to invite my Head-Fi friends to stop by and say Hi at the Cable Company's exhibit. Any one of the above mentioned items makes it worth the trip.

I'll let everyone know if I can make it on the 20th

Ethan (Yikes)

Apr 6, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #415 of 566
A y1 know if woo will have discounts? I'm thinking maybe the WA6 will surpass my Lyr, assuming it can pump out enough juice for the HE-5Le. But I'll have to buy it without selling the lyr at first, so I'll be tight for cash, and $620 is just not gonna happen.

Apr 7, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #416 of 566
YIKES just twist their arm.
I am going to try & Make the NY audio show Sunday.

I added 15 more tables due to the response of members.Only downside is we have to be out by 4:30pm Breakdown by 4:pm DUE TO CLEANUP TIME NEEDED FOR PARTY
AFTERWARDS.NOT SO SILENT AUCTION TO BE HELD AT 2:30PM.
Vendor setup at 8:30am.

Apr 7, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #417 of 566
Quote:

If noone asked you before let me be the one to do so.  I would very much love to hear these.  Hoping you can bring them.  (and ignore if you'll already be bringing them)

I'll definitely be bringing them.

This is what I'm thinking of bringing so I don't have to keep on switching out gear. Most of my my gear is DIY, with the exception of the LCD2s.

I have a pair of Thunderpants, which I'm not sure if I'm bringing yet. And the other pair of DIY headphones are my Magnum v4s with Ohrenholz cups, which I will be bringing.

The 2.5 rigs that I'm thinking of bringing...

1) iPad2 into a camera connection kit into a PupDAC (prototype) going into an O2 and then either LCD2s or Magnum v4s.
2) MacBook Pro into Gamma 2 DAC then simultaneously into "The Wire" amp and Cavalli Compact Tube Hybrid amp into either the LCDs or Magnum v4s.

For those that don't know...

The Wire is an amp based on the premise of a wire with gain. It is similar to the Objective 2 in this way.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/headphone-systems/179298-wire-ultra-high-performance-headphone-amplifier-pcbs.html

The PupDAC is in my mind one of the best portable DACs that can be built for the money. Like the Gamma-2, it can supply D/A conversion to two amps at once.
http://www.diyforums.org/PupDAC/PupDACtechhigh.php

The Cavalli Compact Tube Hybrid Amp and Gamma-2 DAC have been around for several years and are both quite popular in the DIY section of this forum. The CTH is a hybrid - tube and solid state - that takes 12AU7 or 6DJ8 type tubes. It packs a nice punch for its size. The Gamma-2 is a very small and versatile DAC that is considered to be high end in its design.
http://www.cavalliaudio.com/diy/ctha/main.php?page=overview
http://www.amb.org/audio/gamma2/

Apr 7, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #418 of 566
Quote:
I'll definitely be bringing them.

This is what I'm thinking of bringing so I don't have to keep on switching out gear. Most of my my gear is DIY, with the exception of the LCD2s.

I have a pair of Thunderpants, which I'm not sure if I'm bringing yet. And the other pair of DIY headphones are my Magnum v4s with Ohrenholz cups, which I will be bringing.

If it was not too much to ask, it would be nice to do a comparison between unmodified Fostex TR50p's, Mr. Speakers Mad Dog's and your Thunderpants. It would seem we should have the other two elements so if you brought your Thunderpants then we would have three interesting flavors.

Apr 7, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #419 of 566
Quote:
As of right now I am scheduled to work on the 20th, but I am going to try and get someone to cover for me. So I should know in the next 3-4 days if I am going to make it.

I hope that work doesn't interfere with my attending another NY meet. I have missed hanging out with my friends from the lengthiest of islands.

Speaking of work:

My employer The Cable Company is exhibiting at the New York Audio Show http://www.chestergroup.org/newyorkaudioshow next weekend April 12 - 14. I will be there showing several reference level Head-Fi type pieces.

Of particular interest to headphone toy junkies will be:

The official unveiling of the Production Version of the Abysis AB-1266 Headphones

The official unveiling of the New Cavalli Liquid Gold Balanced Headphone Amplifier

We will also have a Production Version of the Luxman P-700u Balanced Headphone Amplifier

So I would like to invite my Head-Fi friends to stop by and say Hi at the Cable Company's exhibit. Any one of the above mentioned items makes it worth the trip.

I'll let everyone know if I can make it on the 20th

Ethan (Yikes)

Sound great Ethan I will be there on Friday will stop by.

Apr 8, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #420 of 566
Quote:
If it was not too much to ask, it would be nice to do a comparison between unmodified Fostex TR50p's, Mr. Speakers Mad Dog's and your Thunderpants. It would seem we should have the other two elements so if you brought your Thunderpants then we would have three interesting flavors.

I think I can manage to bring the Thunderpants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back