Official/ New York Spring Meet Sat April 5 2014
Mar 3, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #122 of 408
Is there a way to invite vendors? I'd like to see aurisonics come back and maybe some reps from westone

Mar 3, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #123 of 408
  Is there a way to invite vendors? I'd like to see aurisonics come back and maybe some reps from westone

Yes, get their contact info and invite them. It is up to them if they want to come or not though.

Mar 3, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #125 of 408
Sorry for my ignorance but I have a few questions:

1.Could anyone give a brief description as of how the auction works? Is it only limited to high-end, vintage headphones or is lower priced headphones also included?

2.How does the "vendor" section works? Do they bring in their products to showcase and sell them for a discount in the meet?

3.Just how awesome is the meet?

Thanks!

Mar 3, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #126 of 408
1) The auction starts out with putting your highest bid on a sheet of paper on a table with the items up for auction. Other members can outbid you. The initial price is usually set on the sheet of paper. Then the actual auction (which is more like a traditional auction) takes place close to the end of the meet and the price goes up from there or stays the same. There is usually an auctioneer who runs the auction at this point. All sorts of stuff from low end to high end gear is up for auction. Sometimes there is vintage stuff. The gear (or a nice discount on gear) is usually donated by Vendors to pay for the room. Members can also donate items.

2) The vendors are there to show off their wares. They usually sell it and sometimes they offer a meet only discount.

3) The meet is semi-awesome.

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #128 of 408
Mar 4, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #129 of 408
Hope to be there.

Mar 5, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #131 of 408
Sennheiser is sending a LIMITED EDITION Infiniti Red Bull Racing  Momentum headphone featuring the colors & logo of the F1  team,for the not so silent auction
Bring funds to bid on it..

Mar 5, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #132 of 408
Count me in.

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #134 of 408

You need to bring your patio setup again.

I plan to bring it as well as my 1.5TB car system based on a Raspberry Pi and Meridian Explorer (GeekOut also, if it arrives in time).

I also hope to bring a Sonore sMS-100 which is a logitech media client (can also do upnp/dlna and airport) with a high quality/low noise usb ouput.
This seems to have great potential, from what I've read, when run off a battery power source (kind of a cheaper CAPS v3).

So if anyone is bringing a high end usb dac, it would be fun to drive it with the sMS-100 with and without battery power to see how cleaning up USB signal impacts sound.
If battery sounds really good compared to wall wart power (i'll check at home when it arrives), maybe we could hook it up to one of Vinnie's black lightening suppllies?

Mar 8, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #135 of 408
  Sennheiser is sending a LIMITED EDITION Infiniti Red Bull Racing  Momentum headphone featuring the colors & logo of the F1  team,for the not so silent auction
Bring funds to bid on it..

In the house 4 weeks & counting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back