Official: New York Area Meet, Nov 20, White Plains, NY
Nov 11, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #181 of 308
I will try to make it! Hopefully family stuff will not interfere.
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #182 of 308
MAN!! with Jude actually being there and ElDoug bringing an Otari MX5050 I will have to develop a cough that Friday and skip work that Saturday. 
wink_face.gif
 Wish I could since hangin with Jude at RMAF was great fun and the MX5050 is my latest infatuation. I am the first to mention this since Doug's post on page one. This makes me fairly confident that I could snag it. Mine sounds great with the HF-1's.
o2smile.gif

Nov 11, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #183 of 308

[size=medium]
I will be able to make it, for a few hours at least. If someone could tell me what time the auction will be around, that would be good because my dad doesn't want to be there all day. My dad will be there part of the time. I currently have no headphones, but I may buy some Sony XB500s or another cheap phone before the Saturday. I have three DAPs, an S:Flo2, An Iriver H120, and a Sansa Fuze. The last two are Rockboxed of course. I am only sixteen, so don't worry Revo, you won't be the youngest there. I hope to meet all the manufacturers that are going to be there, especially Vinnie, Fang, and Ray Samuels. Blow my mind! 
[/size]

Nov 11, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #184 of 308

Quote:
I'll bring an custom Isabellina HPA LFP-V Edition with built-in Class-A speaker output stage - which will blow your mind with the K1000s (and home audio speakers that don't need more than around 15wpc into 8-ohm, or 30wpc into 4-ohm).  Yes - of course it will add to the price.... but this is just a "concept" at this point to show at the NY meet!
wink.gif

See you all there!

Vinnie

All - I've integrated the Class-A output stage for the headphone output.  It is blowing my mind with the LCD-2s, and the K1000s have never sounded this good! 

To everyone bringing K1000s, can you connect them to a 1/4" stereo jack?  If not, can anyone recommend to me the required adapter so everyone can listen with their K1000s (I know some use a 4-pin XLR, some use bananas, etc.).  I just want to be sure to have the adapters in place so you can all listen.

And DO connect your LCD-2s, HE-5s, 6's, Senns, and any other can you want.
LiFePO4 battery power + LFP-V tube input stage + Class A output stage = 
cool.gif

beerchug.gif

wink.gif

Getting very excited for this meet!

Vinnie

Nov 11, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #185 of 308

Quote:

I am only sixteen, so don't worry Revo, you won't be the youngest there. I hope to meet all the manufacturers that are going to be there, especially Vinnie, Fang, and Ray Samuels. Blow my mind! 

Will do, George.  Looking forward to meeting you. 

16?  Ok - gotta "hook 'em young, and hook 'em for life!"  The Tobacco industry has nothing on what a good Headfi meet can do
to our teenagers! 
biggrin.gif

Cheers!

Vinnie

Nov 11, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #186 of 308

Quote:
Quote:

I am only sixteen, so don't worry Revo, you won't be the youngest there. I hope to meet all the manufacturers that are going to be there, especially Vinnie, Fang, and Ray Samuels. Blow my mind! 

Will do, George.  Looking forward to meeting you. 

16?  Ok - gotta "hook 'em young, and hook 'em for life!"  The Tobacco industry has nothing on what a good Headfi meet can do
to our teenagers! 
biggrin.gif

Cheers!

Vinnie

I'm only 18 myself. And hooked I am. I have a feeling this meet will lead to me owning a pair of JH5s in addition to my HF2s, Etymotics, Shures, and ATs. Pretty insane for my age I suppose.

Nov 11, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #187 of 308

Quote:
I'm only 18 myself. And hooked I am. I have a feeling this meet will lead to me owning a pair of JH5s in addition to my HF2s, Etymotics, Shures, and ATs. Pretty insane for my age I suppose.

18 is the time to buy as much hi fi equipment as you can, before you have lots of bills and responsibilities.  Amass a huge collection so that when you finally get married your wife can't tell what's pre-conjugal gear and what's new equipment you've snuck into the house.

Nov 12, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #188 of 308

Quote:
Quote:

18 is the time to buy as much hi fi equipment as you can, before you have lots of bills and responsibilities.  Amass a huge collection so that when you finally get married your wife can't tell what's pre-conjugal gear and what's new equipment you've snuck into the house.

Indeed. Now I just need to gather the funds for some Magnepans quick before financial responsibility befalls me. It's much easier to sneak amps than speakers 
wink_face.gif

Nov 12, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #190 of 308
hello Head-Fi

I would like to contribute a turntable to the auction.

For your approval is a somewhat beat up Sony PS-X5 direct drive turntable. It is in generally good cosmetic condition and rotates records properly! I will be running it in my rig for the day with a cartridge that is not included (the denon 103, not shown) so bring your fuzzy warbles so that you may sit with uncle and hear all proper. You are invited.

The strobe light for the speed indicator flickers visibly. The automatic mechanisms for the arm movement are somewhat funky. Most automatic arm mechanisms are somewhat funky. There is a 50/50 chance that I will remove all of the automatic mechanisms from the TT before the meet. I might not.

Its got the lid! In very good condition too. As weird as it may sound, the feet on this sample are in good shape. They are a soft spongy foam and I have heard of others being in poor shape. 

Nov 12, 2010 at 6:51 AM Post #192 of 308
Looks like I will make this one (especially since I've missed the past two).  Keeping my equipment list light:

Squeezebox Touch + external drive
Headroom Balanced Desktop
Balanced DT990/600
Balanced K701 (aka the Dark Knight)
RS-1

Look forward to seeing you all again!

Nov 12, 2010 at 10:25 AM Post #194 of 308
I haven't been active in head-fi for a couple of years and I'm looking forward to jumping back in. What better way to get back into the flow of things than with a head-fi meet!

First a shout out to daveDerek for informing me about this meet!

What equipment I plan to bring:

Sources:

Squeezebox Touch with SD card loaded with flac files - both standard CD resolution and high resolution (hi-rez files from various sources: HDTracks downloads, DVD-Audio rips and needle drops)

Some CD player (CD players are so old school)

Amp:

Maxxed out Headroom Desktop with Max DAC and Desktop Power Supply
Note: the Touch's analog and digital outputs will both be connected to the headroom amp.

Cans:

All the usual suspects - Sennheiser HD650, AKG 701, Ultrasone 750 & 2500, Beyerdynamic DT-880 and Goldring DR150 - some with standard cables others with various cable upgrades.

Miscellaneous:

a few power strips and extension cords
camera
HP laptop

I'm really looking to seeing some old friends and making some friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back