Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Jun 19, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #8,011 of 10,664
I got an ipod on eBay with a black faceplate but I really dislike it. Can anyone tell me where I might get a white faceplate and appropriate click wheel? I've looked at eBay, Amazon and AliExpress and came up empty handed.

Which generation iPod did you get?
5 and 5.5 have a white or black plastic faceplate.
The newer ones have a dark or silver metal faceplate.

Typing iPod front cover in those sites should give you ample results.

Jun 20, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #8,012 of 10,664

Try this seller on aliexpress - http://es.aliexpress.com/item/high-capacity-1900mah-upgrade-li-ion-battery-for-ipod-5th-gen-video-30gb/32226273996.html

Someone recommended them earlier in the thread. I ended up ordering 4 from them for the bulk discount and paid about 10 bucks for each. The seller also sent me a bunch of extra free stuff including 3 new thick and thin back panels and 2 new front panels. Very happy.

I did.  Cannot be happier with one of these, either.

Jun 20, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #8,015 of 10,664
  My apologies. It's a 5.5 I have. I forgot this thread was for other models as well.

You are lucky that I have to study for my exams and that everything else that I can do becomes more interesting:
With a quick search on aliexpress you can find:
A full case set, which includes a front panel, a white clickwheel with flexcable and also a new back cover.

FYI I think I have read that you can fit an older 5.5 gen iPod in a newer (6th, 7th) body but I think you have to buy a new frame for that as well.

Jun 20, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #8,017 of 10,664
  You are lucky that I have to study for my exams and that everything else that I can do becomes more interesting:
With a quick search on aliexpress you can find:
A full case set, which includes a front panel, a white clickwheel with flexcable and also a new back cover.

FYI I think I have read that you can fit an older 5.5 gen iPod in a newer (6th, 7th) body but I think you have to buy a new frame for that as well.

Yeah I suppose that will do. I kind of meant a top rated seller with a few hundred sold but I guess that's just not realistic. Thank you and good luck with the exams!

Jun 20, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #8,018 of 10,664
  Yeah I suppose that will do. I kind of meant a top rated seller with a few hundred sold but I guess that's just not realistic. Thank you and good luck with the exams!

Well the seller I linked has one diamond and is open since 3 years. I have had a few aliexpress orders that did not arrive and always got a refund. You can also send a message to the seller, than you can get a quick feeling if they know what they are selling.

Jun 20, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #8,019 of 10,664

Try this seller on aliexpress - http://es.aliexpress.com/item/high-capacity-1900mah-upgrade-li-ion-battery-for-ipod-5th-gen-video-30gb/32226273996.html

Someone recommended them earlier in the thread. I ended up ordering 4 from them for the bulk discount and paid about 10 bucks for each. The seller also sent me a bunch of extra free stuff including 3 new thick and thin back panels and 2 new front panels. Very happy.

Quote:
  This kind of feedback is useful for each other. Thank you too. :wink:

If I followed the links correctly, the seller is xmobilelife. I've bought from them via ebay.com with no problem. They're very responsive to queries etc.

Jun 20, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #8,020 of 10,664
I often open up 5th gen ipods to repair. Whenever I replace a screen, I always end up with specks of dust or an annoying fibre clinging to the inside of the screen due to static on the plastic screen.

Can anyone give any tips on how to reduce this? I have to repeatedly blast the inside with an air can until the worst offenders are gone.

Jun 21, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #8,021 of 10,664
I got lazy and ordered a mSATA board, i have so many around and i just want to use them in someting!
and i have my perfect black ipod
I was going to have the perfect white one with a iflash quad and one with a 1tb masata but one player is good enough for me imo.

Here is the classifieds link of any or all are interested. cheers!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/811902/ipod-video-5-5th-generation-30gb-free-shipping

Jun 23, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #8,023 of 10,664

Users who are viewing this thread

Back