Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Dec 6, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #8,687 of 10,664
I am using the Creative Sound Blaster Jam Ultra-Light Bluetooth Headset and the ESYNIC Bluetooth 4.1 Music Transmitter. The sound is actually quite good. The signal can get blocked at times since the metal of the iPod tends to pose a problem. But generally, the signal is good and I can control the volume on both the iPod and the headset.

Both the headset and the bluetooth transmitter are version 4.1, so there is virtually no lag when listening to music or watching movies/videos. Additionally, the transmitter also supports apt-x, which is the newest type thus far.

A cool side effect I discovered is that I can use the bluetooth device as originally intended as well.So, I just make sure the iPod is off, lock it, and then I can plug it into another device (i.e. computer) using the supplied 3.5mm cable and into the iPod headphone jack to listen to that device with my bluetooth headphones. Really cool.

Dec 6, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #8,688 of 10,664
  I am using the Creative Sound Blaster Jam Ultra-Light Bluetooth Headset and the ESYNIC Bluetooth 4.1 Music Transmitter. The sound is actually quite good. The signal can get blocked at times since the metal of the iPod tends to pose a problem. But generally, the signal is good and I can control the volume on both the iPod and the headset.

Both the headset and the bluetooth transmitter are version 4.1, so there is virtually no lag when listening to music or watching movies/videos. Additionally, the transmitter also supports apt-x, which is the newest type thus far.

A cool side effect I discovered is that I can use the bluetooth device as originally intended as well.So, I just make sure the iPod is off, lock it, and then I can plug it into another device (i.e. computer) using the supplied 3.5mm cable and into the iPod headphone jack to listen to that device with my bluetooth headphones. Really cool.

If I were you I would also post you mod in a new thread so people can find this more easily!

Dec 10, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #8,692 of 10,664
Hi!
There are 2 adapter chip based JM20330.
1) Inscription on board M819.
eBay item number:131637623962 (insert number to google)
2) Inscription on board HX-813.
eBay item number:302076676984 (insert number to google)

What are the differences between these two adapters?
Are they compatible with iPod Video? My SSD HDD SSDMCEAW120A4 Intel 530 120GB 3,3v 1,5A

Dec 11, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #8,693 of 10,664
  Hi!
There are 2 adapter chip based JM20330.
1) Inscription on board M819.
eBay item number:131637623962 (insert number to google)
2) Inscription on board HX-813.
eBay item number:302076676984 (insert number to google)

What are the differences between these two adapters?
Are they compatible with iPod Video? My SSD HDD SSDMCEAW120A4 Intel 530 120GB 3,3v 1,5A

There is no differences, they are compatible with iPod Video...

Dec 14, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #8,694 of 10,664
(iPod Classic 7G, iFlash Quad, 1900mah battery)

I have 2 battery questions. 

1. You guys ever have any problems with the larger capacity battery not accepting certain chargers? I use an Anker 5 port 40w charger for everything (iPod, iPad, iPhone). The newly built iPod won't detect a charge from the hub. Previously, the same iPod with the stock battery worked just fine. The only thing that seems to work now is the original 1A wall to USB adapter.

2. Have you had any issues with the battery continuously charging? I let the device sit for 8 hours and it still says it's charging. I unplug it and re-plug it into the wall ... now the icon changes to tell me the battery is full. It doesn't do it automatically anymore.

Any insight would be appreciated.   

Dec 14, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #8,695 of 10,664

1. You guys ever have any problems with the larger capacity battery not accepting certain chargers? I use an Anker 5 port 40w charger for everything (iPod, iPad, iPhone). The newly built iPod won't detect a charge from the hub. Previously, the same iPod with the stock battery worked just fine. The only thing that seems to work now is the original 1A wall to USB adapter.

Nope, never seen that before.  Usually the only problem I have is really slow charging from 500mAh USB chargers like my old cell phone charger or laptop USB ports.

Originally Posted by e3nine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2. Have you had any issues with the battery continuously charging? I let the device sit for 8 hours and it still says it's charging. I unplug it and re-plug it into the wall ... now the icon changes to tell me the battery is full. It doesn't do it automatically anymore.

The firmware should top the battery all the way up on a single charge cycle, but once it's near full, the battery protection will probably stop charging if the battery is 90%+ to prevent heat cycles from killing the battery.

Dec 16, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #8,696 of 10,664
I'm currently trying to sell my 120GB Classic on Gumtree here in Australia. I listed it for more than I would expect to get, with the knowledge I would be lowballed. What followed was fairly interesting and I thought y'all might like it. I'm in bold, he's not.

Can I pay $500 for this obsolete technology?

Hilarious

cleardot.gif
     I don't care about condition; you can scratch it up if you want, I just feel it should be cheaper

OK. How much do you think it should be.

I got a 160GB iPod Classic three and a half years ago for $300. I don't know, it just seems odd that I would pay that much for something that isn't supported by a company as reprehensible as Apple. Condition is pretty irrelevant.

Of course it seems odd, because you wouldn't pay that.

Apple stopped manufacturing these two years ago. The value skyrocketed afterwards (seriously, Google it), as scarcity increases value when there is still demand. People love these iPods, because

- they do one thing - hold and play a ton of music. There are literally thousands upon thousands of songs, artists, and albums not available on streaming services. Some people just like having all of their music on them at all times. Phones have overtaken iPods in capacity, but only this year, and there's exceptions like....my daily one.

- they can be modded up the wazoo. This one was used for a home stereo, but my "out and about" one has a battery with 4x the capacity of the original, and 4 micro sd cards totalling 512GB instead of a 30GB spinning hard drive. This increases battery life and storage. Massively. Look at ebay auctions and sort them by "ending soon". There's not a huge number in Australia, but just as example, there's one in Germany ending tomorrow that has bids higher than my asking price. I don't really expect to get $250, but Gumtree is filled with lowballers, so I usually ask for a bit more than I'm willing to take.

What does Apple being reprehensible have to do with it? And condition is absolutely relevant, as they are no longer manufactured. Some people like nice looking things. I personally couldn't care less, and have never owned a brand new phone, but hey - you and I aren't everybody :)
cleardot.gif

Sure, I'm just saying it's only going to depreciate to the average consumer and I can see people ignoring the ad because of the price.   
     'If Apple aren't willing to rip people off, then why would the average civilian' was my point

Condition is completely irrelevant. As long as you can see the screen, it doesn't matter. This is only a collectors item for the clinically insane.  

I hope i'm wrong. If you get $250 for this, then you won and nothing matters

Average consumers aren't looking for iPod classics. But you are bang-on right that people are ignoring the ad. I'm actually going to lower the price. However, a few days ago I sold a phone for WAY more than I expected - I had it advertised for $400, and people were offering me $220. I sold it for $400 without the person even seeing it. There's always the edge cases.

I don't think you're being unreasonable or stupid, I just think you underestimate how different people value different things. I use Android phones, while my girlfriend uses an iPhone. She's looking at paying twice as much as I just paid for a phone a year older than mine. I stopped shaking my head at this sort of thing years ago.

As to your "insane" point, I think you're off the mark. People value these things for a reason. I use mine every single day. I'm actually keen to use our little back and forth to generate some discussion on a forum I frequent....

Cheers

What do you guys think? I can see why the guy is taken aback by what I'm asking, but I'm disappointed he seems to have completely missed the point about why people value things differently. I wonder if he'll make me an offer!

Dec 18, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #8,699 of 10,664
Don't sell it to him. Just block him. I sold an instrument at a premium for a few extra bucks for the fam and before it sold a seemingly young guy sent me a long message that started out with "I have no respect for you" and ended with "go practice or something". When someone doesn't speak respectively, they don't need to be doing business. I just blocked him. No need to talk to anyone you don't know that way.
I know we are not supposed profit here on head fi when we sell things and I know it's a point of contention, but if you make a really nice modified Ipod you should be able to get your money back and make a few bucks in the process. Just need the right buyer that will get a lot of use out of it and appreciate it.

Dec 18, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #8,700 of 10,664
I'm having trouble with 6th & 7th gen iPods and 7DayShop or Qumox SDXC 128GB cards. 

Using with Tarkan's adapters. If I let an iPod play for a few hours then connect it to iTunes, my PC says the disk i.e. the iPod, needs formatting. Itunes doesn't detect the iPod. I have to manually eject it from the PC. The iPod then proceeds to reboot itself. After that it connects fine.

Five ipods (120GB and a 7th gen 160GB), four of Tarkan's CF/SD adapters and one of his dual SDXC adapters. All with the same fault.

Tarkan suggested reinstalling the iPod firmware whist in DFU mode but this didn't help.

Any ideas? Are the 7dayshop and Qumox cards simply not fully compatible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back