Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread
Jul 9, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #1,052 of 3,817
I've been using a snap on wrap on the inside part of the band that cushions it, helps a lot.

Would you point me in the direction for buying one of those for my HE-6? Thx.

At work, I'll try to find the link when I get home. It was suggested by someone here when I first mentioned the issue. For a while seemed I was the only one to have it.

Jul 9, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #1,053 of 3,817
Can definitely post a picture of it when I get home, still have a package.

Jul 9, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #1,054 of 3,817

Another option is member Lohb - he sells a suspension band setup I had on my HE-6 and have on my HE-400 that improved the comfort immensely. 

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #1,055 of 3,817
Sounds interesting, the wrap pads work pretty well for me, but not 100%. I'll check if this is an option for the HEK.

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #1,056 of 3,817
  I think instead of making it a few ticks smaller, he went way overboard. With the beta, I used next to the smallest setting. Now it's maxed out, it's like he skipped all of the settings in between. He should have just made it the size of the one on the he560. The first headband was for large heads, and now the current one is for small heads. He should have shortened it to just make it a few tics smaller instead of making it drastically smaller.

I had the beta unit at the bottom of the adjustment it was still just a tiny bit big but ok to use. Now on the production unit I have them on the 3rd position from the bottom so in my case the change worked fine and they feel very comfortable in my head.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Jul 9, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #1,057 of 3,817
As I said, I have a small head. I have never had a problem with the 560. Can't use the HEK without the snap on wrap cushion, gets too uncomfortable. Even with it, not 100% comfy, but manageable (could be just memory in the area with the pressure discomfort. I feel it now, even when not wearing any headphones...). I think what the wrap does, aside from cushioning, is allow me to use a LARGER setting-the pressure seems to be more spread out over the band when it is larger, more concentrated when it is smaller.

Jul 9, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #1,058 of 3,817

this is my suggestion to dr jazz & other people looking for a comfort mod for Hifiman or AUdeze headphones. best cushion type mod I've tried so far.

http://www.amazon.com/Diono-60250-Soft-Wraps-Black/dp/B005PK1CYI

edit: I have the Lohb suspension strap for the LCD-X, I can try to see if I can get it to work with the HE-1k.

also, I do think the Lohb mod is a better solution than the seat belt wrap for the old HE-400/HE-500/HE-6 or Audeze LCD-series headphones. helps with weight distribution/hotspots & makes the headphones feel lighter.

Jul 9, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #1,059 of 3,817
  I had the beta unit at the bottom of the adjustment it was still just a tiny bit big but ok to use. Now on the production unit I have them on the 3rd position from the bottom so in my case the change worked fine and they feel very comfortable in my head.

Mine fits best adjusted at the bottom/smallest position. I could even go a little smaller though.....

Nerdly nerd. 

Jul 9, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #1,060 of 3,817
High praises for the HE1000 so far. I got mine two days ago and listened for the first time yesterday. I'm using them with my Auralic Taurus MK II & my AK120RWA-S. I also have a pair of Grado PS1000's and GS1000e's to compare too.  

For me it's a choice between the PS1000's and the HE1000's, since I really don't NEED 3 pair of headphones
wink_face.gif

Here are a few thoughts for now...

HE1000's have a textured quality to the bass it has more detail and focus,

So far, with my old ears it doesn't have as much slam in the bass vs my PS1000's or the Audeze phones I've heard.

The highs and upper mids are what shine the most for me.  The clarity of the highs is stunning,  It's o-so clean with a  velvety softness that is both engaging and easy to listen to.

No one thing stands out with the HE1000, which is a good.  It's not a case of it's "too high, too low, more mids, less mids, Its just about the music, which is what it's all about.

Balance in every way; this is an amazing headphone.

These have a more cognitive vs visceral impact when listening which is why I love my GS1000e's so much. It's so easy to get lost in the music and nothing else.

Jul 9, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #1,061 of 3,817
Listening to some Bob Dylan and the harmonica with DSD and The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan is extremely correct. I play harmonica and it has the same quality as what I hear when playing. That is the recording and the HE1000 that are able to convey this. Great stuff! 

Jul 9, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #1,062 of 3,817
High praises for the HE1000 so far. I got mine two days ago and listened for the first time yesterday. I'm using them with my Auralic Taurus MK II & my AK120RWA-S. I also have a pair of Grado PS1000's and GS1000e's to compare too.  

For me it's a choice between the PS1000's and the HE1000's, since I really don't NEED 3 pair of headphones :wink_face:  

Here are a few thoughts for now...

HE1000's have a textured quality to the bass it has more detail and focus,

So far, with my old ears it doesn't have as much slam in the bass vs my PS1000's or the Audeze phones I've heard.

The highs and upper mids are what shine the most for me.  The clarity of the highs is stunning,  It's o-so clean with a  velvety softness that is both engaging and easy to listen to.

No one thing stands out with the HE1000, which is a good.  It's not a case of it's "too high, too low, more mids, less mids, Its just about the music, which is what it's all about.

Balance in every way; this is an amazing headphone.

These have a more cognitive vs visceral impact when listening which is why I love my GS1000e's so much. It's so easy to get lost in the music and nothing else.

I too am comparing the He1000s to the PS1000s on the Auralic Taurus Mk. 2. I find the PS1000 to have a bit of a "U" shaped presentation that is fun, but not accurate/natural. Though this is a "fun" sound, do love NYU Grados, but the HEKs have such an organic, natural sound. The detail is still there, but it's not accented, but what I hear at live concerts.

Looking forward to reading more of your thoughts.

Jul 9, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #1,063 of 3,817
Listening to some Bob Dylan and the harmonica with DSD and The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan is extremely correct. I play harmonica and it has the same quality as what I hear when playing. That is the recording and the HE1000 that are able to convey this. Great stuff! 

But you weren't there during the recording and mastering process of that album, were you. ; )
I find the HE1000 to have a colouration that prevent it from being "correct" from original recordings I have.

Jul 9, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #1,064 of 3,817
But you weren't there during the recording and mastering process of that album, were you. ; )
I find the HE1000 to have a colouration that prevent it from being "correct" from original recordings I have.

Have you heard headphones that give you the correct sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back