Official Denon AH-C700 Comparisons/Impressions
Sep 10, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #91 of 1,418
I've done some research and found out a couple of things:

Their will be two new types:

C350 -> C351
C700 -> C751

New C751's go for €140, just under $200.

Link for prove:

http://www.hifi.com.tw/adm_product/a...txtBranuniq=44

I did email Denon UK if they know when we can expect them in Europe, hope to receive a replay by tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gizmodo
Made from machined aluminum, it comes in black with a hard case and accessories like an L-shaped connector and a cable clip. The high-end aluminum AH-C751S will cost $200, out in August in black or silver.

Cheers!

Sep 10, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #92 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by Honus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The pricing on ebay is very distressing. I got my Denons last week. Because of comfort issues, I am trying to sell them. It looks like I'm going to loose a bundle when I sell (paid $130). Timing is everything I guess. I am bummed!

I bought Honus' C700s since I'm a bit of a canalphone freak. Not too long ago I had about 5 canalphones. I've sold most off and down to two but when I saw the C700s up for sale I couldn't resist.

I'll provide a quick review on this thread when I have them.

Sep 10, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #93 of 1,418
Warrior - would be interested to know what you think of them. The one thing I've noticed is that no one has said they are c**p yet. . . (which is a good sign!) I will be trying mine on a flight on Wednesday, and though I know they're not isolating like the Shures, I'm curious to know whether they block out enough of the plane rumble to be acceptable. I'll post back with the 'results'
icon10.gif

Sep 11, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #94 of 1,418
My reseach led me to believe that C700 and C751 will be the same drivers.
The only difference is the lenght of the cord. C700 is 1.2m and C751 will be 0.5m+ 0.8m extension, sort of like Shure new types SE series....Lets see.

Sep 12, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #97 of 1,418
Interesting. I'm very curious to know how many people actually use a carrying case. For exemple, I'm used to have my Altec hanging from the shirt clip, all the time. I feel it's more convenient than packing them in a case each time I don't use them.

Sep 12, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #98 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting. I'm very curious to know how many people actually use a carrying case. For exemple, I'm used to have my Altec hanging from the shirt clip, all the time. I feel it's more convenient than packing them in a case all the time.

I dont use it, but I like the 0.5 + 0.8M cable thing!

Sep 12, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #99 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by eduj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
C751 has a carrying case too,C700 has not

Maybe the C751 also has replacement tips, unlike the C700
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Sep 12, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #101 of 1,418
Ok I have decided:

Comfort goes before anything for me, even sound-quality.

The Westone UM2 is out of reach for me because of the $300 price-tag.

And the Denon's are just in reach for 85 (+10 shipping) Euro! At the end of the month I will buy them, if there hasn't been a C751 released by then.

Or I will buy Mylars X3's for 55 Euro...

Is the sounds quality of the Denons really that much better? And worth 40 Euro difference?

Sep 12, 2007 at 3:20 PM Post #103 of 1,418
The Denons are a step above the MylarOne X3's sound-quality-wise, in my opinion. A more natural signature with greater clarity, airiness, and detail, much better (more prominent, textured, and extended) bass, and a wider soundstage to boot. Sorry for the extended delay in getting my m5 comparison out -- I just started grad school and have lost a lot of listening time. My early impressions hold on the C700s being the more sibilant of the two, enough that my limited earphone time has been devoted mostly to the m5s. Keep in mind I'm quite sensitive to sibilance -- I wouldn't say the C700s venture into uncommon excessiveness with it, it's just more than my tastes prefer. The m5, on the other hand, is magical in that regard. So smooth. Let's hope warrior05 gets his C700 soon and is able to fill the Atrio comparison void.

Sep 12, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #104 of 1,418
I second you in the lack of sibilance with the M5. They have no sibilance, and behave better than the Shure E500 in that regard, especially with Shure black foamies. But there is to say that the M5 aren't an high frequency-oriented IEM.

Sep 12, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #105 of 1,418
I'm eagerly awaiting the Atrio M5/Denon AH-C700 comparo. They seem like a great quick insertion phone, whereas it takes me about 30sec. total to get the Atrio M5 situated every time I want to listen. I am preferring them over the tops of my ears, with the Shure olive tips reversed, and the chin slider most of the way up... this gives the best sound, but is not so convenient when I keep getting interrupted at work in my office. *hey Chris, can you take a look at this for me*.. *hey Chris, can you print this out for our upcoming meeting*...etc etc. I liked the Vibe for this reason, quick in and you're done with it. I'm hoping the Denon is as quick as the Vibe, but with sound on par with the Atrio. Then I may just have to try a set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back