Official Denon AH-C700 Comparisons/Impressions
Sep 14, 2007 at 1:36 PM Post #136 of 1,418
The C700s definitely respond to quality source. I love my Trekstor Vibez and still contend it is one of the best sounding DAPs unamped out there. But jumping from my Vibez to my iMod/Move setup I notice a distinct gain in detail and soundstage. I think for kicks I'll plug them into my Darkvoice sometime.
cool.gif

Sep 14, 2007 at 2:38 PM Post #137 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...the Denons do stick out a bit and I would imagine you would feel discomfort if on your side. In comparison, I sleep with my M5s in often.

Interesting, I would have thought it the other way around as the M5s look so much bigger.

Sep 14, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #138 of 1,418
Uh-oh. Looks like I should never have read this thread. Have to say, I love the PK1s as the earbud of choice (amped), and love the M5s sound (no doubt people are sick of me saying so hereabouts), but I don't really have a canal phone to complete the trio. Might have to sell my RP21s and the Maximo I-2903 I just bought (not bad, but I didn't NEED them) to finance a pair of C700s.

Sep 14, 2007 at 2:59 PM Post #139 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by suba3333 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First I waited for the q-Jays to come out, then I thought I'd get the Atrio M5....now I want the C700.

Could someone pls comment on how they are for sports such as running and gym? Also, are they comfortable to use for listening to music in bed/sleeping?

Cheers.

Same here, i'll either buy the Denon C751 (can import them for $200 inc. shipping cost) or the q-JAYS for $190 including shipping cost.

Probably the q-JAYS are better but the Denon's look very nice!

Sep 14, 2007 at 3:52 PM Post #140 of 1,418
outlandos, I really don't like that I'll need to use the extension cable with the q-Jays (I clip my iPod to my waist). Having both the er6i and cx300 I think I'd prefer the looser fit of the C700. I do like the isolation of the er6i but I really dislike the music in your head feel that comes with IEMs....the C700 seems to have quite a nice soundstage whilst still offering some isolation.

Sep 14, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #141 of 1,418
Quote:

outlandos, I really don't like that I'll need to use the extension cable with the q-Jays (I clip my iPod to my waist). Having both the er6i and cx300 I think I'd prefer the looser fit of the C700. I do like the isolation of the er6i but I really dislike the music in your head feel that comes with IEMs....the C700 seems to have quite a nice soundstage whilst still offering some isolation.

How is the extension cable a bad thing?

Together It's about the same size as the C700 cable?
confused.gif

Sep 14, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #142 of 1,418
Using the extension cable means there is a connecting point half way in the cable which makes it heavier than it needs to be. It probably will also mean that it will flap around whilst doing sports or even just moving around. Also, if you run the cable under your shirt it might be uncomfortable and might show a bulge which might attract some funny looks....
blink.gif
580smile.gif

Sep 14, 2007 at 5:37 PM Post #143 of 1,418
now we have one more thing in common....same number of posts!!!

Sep 14, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #144 of 1,418
Quote:

Using the extension cable means there is a connecting point half way in the cable which makes it heavier than it needs to be. It probably will also mean that it will flap around whilst doing sports or even just moving around. Also, if you run the cable under your shirt it might be uncomfortable and might show a bulge which might attract some funny looks....
blink.gif
580smile.gif

But if you use the iPod armband while jogging or on the bike the short cable is great, isn't it?

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...D?find=armband

And now I got 1 more post!

Sep 14, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #145 of 1,418
I have never used an armband so can't comment on it, but having something strapped to my arm does not look very comfortable or attractive to me....I am very happy with the old fashioned way of clipping the iPod to the waist though it's become very difficult to find a decent clip since Apple stopped including them in the box. On the other hand, if you like armbands or put the DAP in your shirtpocket then a short cable is a good thing and you don't need to bother with the extension cable.

Sep 14, 2007 at 7:21 PM Post #146 of 1,418
Quote:

Also, if you run the cable under your shirt it might be uncomfortable and might show a bulge which might attract some funny looks....

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Especially if the 'bulge' was constantly being adjusted and fiddled with
lambda.gif

Re: cable - I like the fact I'm not aware of it at all, when I used an extension cable before, I was always aware it was there because of the 'lump' it created. The Denon cable feels almost 'invisible'.

Sep 14, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #147 of 1,418
Quote:

Interesting, I would have thought it the other way around as the M5s look so much bigger.

If you have medium to large ears, the M5s totally fit within your outer ear. They shaped as such which is why I find it best, by far, to where them with the cord over the top and behind the ear. The body follows the contours of my ear just about perfectly and doesn't stick out at all.

With the Denons however, they are a straight tube, essentially, and long enough that they stick out some. Compare it to something like the JBL 220 or Senn's CX300 and the body of those canalphones are very short and don't stick out at all.

Sep 16, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #148 of 1,418
I realized that the new-to-me C700s probably didn't have a lot of hours on them so I thought I would try cooking them overnight. My recipe is pink noise set at slightly higher than normal listening levels. I let them go for nearly 11 hours. So what did I get? Quite a nice change indeed! Those ever-present mids calmed down a bit producing a more balanced sound. Still natural sounding but not so overly warm. With that came along some detail. I'm hearing wonderful instrument separation. Queued up Beethoven's 6th and could hear good instrument placement as well. Not expansive mind you but certainly impressive for canalphones at this price point.

The more I listen to these the more I like them especially after my overnight burning session. Consider me a fan. My poor M5s have been getting less listening time because of these little gems.

Sep 17, 2007 at 5:57 AM Post #150 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by Honus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The pricing on ebay is very distressing. I got my Denons last week. Because of comfort issues, I am trying to sell them. It looks like I'm going to loose a bundle when I sell (paid $130). Timing is everything I guess. I am bummed!

Heh, I must have missed this post - I paid $199 local when they first came out, and didn't regret it one bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back