*OFFICAL* Echobox Explorer Review Tour Thread
Mar 16, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #31 of 52
I just knew I'd be one of the off topicers! What a rebel I am
smily_headphones1.gif
 Hope you guys enjoy your Explorer. And may the force be with you
beerchug.gif

Mar 17, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #32 of 52
If anyone here happens to be in Jakarta this weekend, swing by the All Seasons for the Jakarta Portable​ Audio show! Ashley and I will be here all weekend showcasing the Explorer and our new lineup of earphones, including our new flagship the Nomad! :metal::metal:

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #33 of 52
REVIEW LOCATION (i.e. USA)
- EU
SPECIFIC LOCTION (i.e. California, USA or London, UK)
- Krakow, Poland
REVIEW RESUME (What are your credentials?)
- reviews:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/cayin-i5/reviews/17416
http://www.head-fi.org/products/cayin-n5-dsd-lossless-music-player/reviews/14671
- headphones: 64 Ears Adel A12 CIEM, VSonic GR07, Audeze Sine, Denon AH-D5000, MrSpeakers Ether C Flow
- DAPs: Sony NW-ZX2, iBasso DX200
WHY YOU WANT TO REVIEW THE EXPLORER? (We actually do really really want to know!)
It looks great so I would love to put my hands on it and show off to my friends. Curious is it also plays well.

May 4, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #34 of 52
Hi, just wondering if there's any updates about the UK tour?
For the record, since I orginally applied, I've had my first DAP review published here on Head-Fi.
It made the front page too! :D

You can find it here (it's the one titled "Feast upon the Beast from the East"):
https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/...table-music-player.22222/reviews#review-18470

Am on the Shanling M2s review tour as well now, receiving my review unit tomorrow and review to follow shortly!
https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/...table-music-player.22222/reviews#review-18470
But I really, really want to try the Echobox Explorer! So please let me join :p

May 4, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #35 of 52
Hi, just wondering if there's any updates about the UK tour?
For the record, since I orginally applied, I've had my first DAP review published here on Head-Fi.
It made the front page too! :D

You can find it here (it's the one titled "Feast upon the Beast from the East"):

Am on the Shanling M2s review tour as well now, receiving my review unit tomorrow and review to follow shortly!
But I really, really want to try the Echobox Explorer! So please let me join :p
I think it died a fairly unspectacular death.

May 4, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #36 of 52
I think it died a fairly unspectacular death.

Sad face.

when I try to use the " @makethemusic " tag to alert him to my question, it won't bring him up as an option.
Same for PM. Does this mean he's no longer on Head-Fi?
I was putting it down to a transitional website glitch..

May 4, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #37 of 52
Sad face.

when I try to use the " @makethemusic " tag to alert him to my question, it won't bring him up as an option.

Mind you, the link is now highlighted in my post above, so maybe it *is* working after all? lol

May 5, 2017 at 3:50 AM Post #38 of 52
The appetite for this tour died off a few months ago and there's been no input from Echobox. I hope in general this feeling by companies that somehow headfiers have to sell themselves so they can give free marketing to audio companies desperate for an edge in this hotly contested world are numbered. They pay other publications to review their products or at least send them out for free in return for a possible review. We have to pay to post them on and are restricted to a paltry 7 days to evaluate them properly

Last edited:
May 6, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #39 of 52
The appetite for this tour died off a few months ago and there's been no input from Echobox. I hope in general this feeling by companies that somehow headfiers have to sell themselves so they can give free marketing to audio companies desperate for an edge in this hotly contested world are numbered. They pay other publications to review their products or at least send them out for free in return for a possible review. We have to pay to post them on and are restricted to a paltry 7 days to evaluate them properly

@Takeanidea we talked about this/them what...2 months ago? 3? I only saw your post because I cannot unsub from thread without unsubbing from all threads. ( I am still figuring the new site out) I will learn how to do that long before this company gets the money fronted to them back to the investors in one form or another.

May 6, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #40 of 52
Well, I think you both make valid points for sure.
I would only add that I feel there's something of a quid pro quo element of the arrangement that works for me.
I think both of you have justifiably established yourselves as bona fide reviewers with good reputations, and well deserved.

But for me, whilst I think I have potential as a reviewer, until my property business is up and running and making a fat profit lol, I am in no position to shell out hundreds or thousands of pounds on equipment to review/enjoy.

Also, there are many people out there who've paid their dues and built up a reputation as an excellent reviewer.
Manufacturers/company owners actively seek them out and ply them with free products or trials.

Being neither wealthy yet, nor a famous reviewer, I am stuck in a limbo of being unable to either obtain products to review nor having people actively sending them to me for review.
I think I'm far from alone on being in this situation on Head-Fi.

So I indeed had to 'sell myself' and rely on the 'charity' of manufacturers or tour reviewers, and I feel that is fair since in Head-Fi review terms, who am I?

However, having now been given a chance (3 now, to be exact, with another forthcoming triple review arranged), I am finally being able to achieve my dream of being sent quality products to review, in particular ones that might otherwise be beyond my budget to obtain.

A week/10 days might not be as long as I'd like to review some of the items, but compare that with the 5-15mins I'd otherwise get in a noisy room at CanJam, and for me, it's wonderful.

That's just my opinion though and I'm both open and interested to hear your responses :)

May 15, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #41 of 52
Sad face.

I am still here, it was a glitch! I also wasn't getting any notifications for subscribed forums :/ I think things have been fixed now, so I'm back :wink:

May 15, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #43 of 52
Well, I think you both make valid points for sure.
I would only add that I feel there's something of a quid pro quo element of the arrangement that works for me.
I think both of you have justifiably established yourselves as bona fide reviewers with good reputations, and well deserved.

But for me, whilst I think I have potential as a reviewer, until my property business is up and running and making a fat profit lol, I am in no position to shell out hundreds or thousands of pounds on equipment to review/enjoy.

Also, there are many people out there who've paid their dues and built up a reputation as an excellent reviewer.
Manufacturers/company owners actively seek them out and ply them with free products or trials.

Being neither wealthy yet, nor a famous reviewer, I am stuck in a limbo of being unable to either obtain products to review nor having people actively sending them to me for review.
I think I'm far from alone on being in this situation on Head-Fi.

So I indeed had to 'sell myself' and rely on the 'charity' of manufacturers or tour reviewers, and I feel that is fair since in Head-Fi review terms, who am I?

However, having now been given a chance (3 now, to be exact, with another forthcoming triple review arranged), I am finally being able to achieve my dream of being sent quality products to review, in particular ones that might otherwise be beyond my budget to obtain.

A week/10 days might not be as long as I'd like to review some of the items, but compare that with the 5-15mins I'd otherwise get in a noisy room at CanJam, and for me, it's wonderful.

That's just my opinion though and I'm both open and interested to hear your responses :)

We don't see you as a "paltry reviewer" :) Be sure to shoot an email over to team@eboxaudio.com, we will take care of your request. Just be sure to mention you spoke with makethemusic ❤

May 15, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #44 of 52
We don't see you as a "paltry reviewer" :) Be sure to shoot an email over to team@eboxaudio.com, we will take care of your request. Just be sure to mention you spoke with makethemusic ❤
Wonderful, great news!
Email sent, as per instructions :p
Best of luck to you and your company, whatever happens. I think the Finder and Explorer both look intriguing.

I'd be interested to listen to the Finder alongside my Trinity Audio IEMs, which also offer tuning filters and dynamic drivers :)
And as for the Explorer, I would be very excited to hear my first Burr-Brown DAC, and I *love* the unique design!
Although it does make me want to drink whisky, which you may regard as a good or a bad thing :p

May 15, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #45 of 52
Lol it does have the "whiskey" affect in full force Also, if you think the Finder is interesting, be sure to check out out Nomad and Traveler earohones when they launch next month ❤

Users who are viewing this thread

Back