Ocharaku Flat-4 KAEDE (Maple)
Nov 30, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #1,099 of 1,190
  ^Nah, Ocharaku has a history of dribbling units into the market. That's what they did with the first Kaede. I am guessing that there will be many more units available.

Also entirely possible that people may cancel their pre-orders and previously reserved units will become available, considering the protracted manufacturing timeline and corresponding wait time. It wouldn't hurt to try and contact Fujiya Avic and e-earphone about the possibility of taking a vacated pre-order spot.

Nov 30, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #1,100 of 1,190

Also entirely possible that people may cancel their pre-orders and previously reserved units will become available, considering the protracted manufacturing timeline and corresponding wait time. It wouldn't hurt to try and contact Fujiya Avic and e-earphone about the possibility of taking a vacated pre-order spot.

That's a good idea! I will contact them and see what they say.

Dec 1, 2014 at 2:14 AM Post #1,101 of 1,190
  Cooperpwc, I'm seeing that you have the Lab1. How do they compare to the Kaede?

They are very very different and therefore quite complementary. The KAEDE has this remarkable grinding bass. There is such great timbre. Overall it has a very large sound for an IEM.

I honestly prefer the Lab 1 though. That is no insult to the KAEDE but the Lab 1 is my favorite IEM. The layering and ambience in the soundstage is unworldly. It also scales really well with good clean equipment but sounds good with just about anything.

I am glad that I own both. They are both interesting and worthy IEMs. 

Jan 2, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #1,105 of 1,190
Jan 2, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #1,106 of 1,190
You've got the type II? I've red no impressions of those. Could you contribute
biggrin.gif

For me they are almost identical, but I am getting slightly smoother mids on the Type II - not sure if this is a result of the Type II coating or just tuning.

Jan 2, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #1,107 of 1,190
  Yes, i get a good pairing with both the Kaede Type I and Kaede Type II

p.s. Ended up with a backup Type II - due to a pre order for a friend and he changed his mind. I'm not complaining though, will hang onto as a backup set or trade for something rare in future.

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #1,109 of 1,190
Really loving the KAEDE tonight. These scale beautifully with my home rig.

I haven't heard the 2 but if it is about the same - and it sounds like it - grab a pair. The KAEDE isn't just a fine IEM, it is a fine headphone - and in particular a fine rock headphone.

Jan 8, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #1,110 of 1,190
Does anybody know what the sensitivity of the original Kaede is? I assumed that it was pretty high, but it seems that it is significantly less sensitive than TG334 which is admittedly, pretty sensitive already. Currently finding that I have to use a volume in the 40s whilst using Kaede with AK240 - just wondering if anybody else has experienced the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back