Ocharaku Flat-4 KAEDE (Maple)
Oct 7, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #1,006 of 1,190
Glad I got a 3 year extended warranty for my Suis.
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 7, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #1,007 of 1,190
  Probably for different reasons?

Pesonally, I'm offloading them because they're impractical for my usage. Afraid of snagging the cords on something, it has become permanently mated to my desktop setup...which defeats my purpose of buying IEMs rather than full sized. I recently got the TG334 that avoids this problem while giving me the sound I want:lusty vocals. It's portable and durable and I don't have to worry about it. That said, I do feel that the Kaedes are my most "comfortable" in terms of sound fatigue and fit. The 334s are a bit too...they suck to much. Every insertion has so much suction power. I will miss them dearly when they are gone. But my loss will be someone's gain.

They are the most comfortable I have used as well. I am selling for a combination of reasons but mostly b/c my speaker system has been getting more use and my iems are getting a little lonely.

Oct 20, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #1,008 of 1,190
Don't know if any of you have noticed a clear smoothing of treble with burn in/long use. I know this isn't a brain perception since harshness I've heard on some songs now is just very clear detail and separation. I would even say they are getting warm in a certain way. Definitely a very clear difference to the first 50 or so hours of use.

Wonderdul iems. Would dedinitely have an higher status if not for their limited production imho.

Oct 20, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #1,009 of 1,190
Don't know if any of you have noticed a clear smoothing of treble with burn in/long use. I know this isn't a brain perception since harshness I've heard on some songs now is just very clear detail and separation. I would even say they are getting warm in a certain way. Definitely a very clear difference to the first 50 or so hours of use.

Wonderdul iems. Would dedinitely have an higher status if not for their limited production imho.

Yes, I also found that the treble smoothed out after the first 50 hours or so.

Agreed on all points. These are fine IEMs.

Nov 1, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #1,011 of 1,190
  Would you all stop it?? I didn't want to miss my Kaede's but you are killing me!

Ah!

I am having serious second thoughts and remorse for even thinking about selling my Kaede! They are in perfect, mint condition, and is truly a collector's item. They are unlike anything else. But I have way too many earphones. What to do! I would entertain a solid offer if anyone is dying for them. Comes with tea box and all. 

Nov 1, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #1,013 of 1,190
Haha, mine's been up there for a Looong time :)

Nov 3, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #1,015 of 1,190
I'll bet many people will regret, although not on the nearest future. Haven't found an iem with such open headphone like presentation and timbre, and this from a long time owner of the EX1000 :wink:

Nov 3, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #1,016 of 1,190
I'll bet many people will regret, although not on the nearest future. Haven't found an iem with such open headphone like presentation and timbre, and this from a long time owner of the EX1000
wink.gif

1Plus2 and SE5 have a bigger sound staging than both the Kaede and Sui. I don't find the Sui nor Kaede to really have much for sound staging to be honest. But they both do have very big head staging. That is very different from actual sound staging though....

Nov 3, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #1,017 of 1,190

1Plus2 and SE5 have a bigger sound staging than both the Kaede and Sui. I don't find the Sui nor Kaede to really have much for sound staging to be honest. But they both do have very big head staging. That is very different from actual sound staging though....

True that the 1p2 has much better presentation in terms of sound stage.

Nov 3, 2013 at 6:10 AM Post #1,018 of 1,190
  True that the 1p2 has much better presentation in terms of sound stage.

There actually aren't many IEMs at all that give you a truly accurate out of head sound staging. To my knowledge  the only IEMs that do this are the 1Plus2, Spiral Ear SE5 and Fit Ear 435? I'm not sure about the 335 but would love to hear that IEM as well :).

Nov 4, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #1,019 of 1,190
Pretty new owner here. My own impressions:

This wouldn't be the first choice phone I would use to wow a friend that's never been into audio. They don't do anything "spectacular" or wow a person at a first try. Even for someone that is kinda into audio isn't going to be impressed first.

Personally, I'm beginning to love them more and more. They do not do anything badly at all. Very coherent, spacious, accurate and clear. The cables are solid, comfort and isolation is good (I'll get into this part later) and they look good. 

Stuff I didn't like is how there isn't a carry case for them. I use the UE one and fit a small dry desiccant pack in it. The Complys are **** too. Oh, plus how careful you have to subconsciously be to make sure they do not get wet, dropped or etc. But that part's not as bad as the PFX. 

What tips are you guys using? I recommend the silicon Shure large bore ones. Changes the sound a lot. Along with comfort and isolation. I haven't try the monster super tips or Orto ones but these are worth a try. 

Nov 4, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #1,020 of 1,190

There actually aren't many IEMs at all that give you a truly accurate out of head sound staging. To my knowledge  the only IEMs that do this are the 1Plus2, Spiral Ear SE5 and Fit Ear 435? I'm not sure about the 335 but would love to hear that IEM as well :).

Have you heard the 3003? I was in love with the 1p2 soundstage until these babies. They showed me how sounds that traverse the left/right field on the 1p2 are rendered in a severe fashion. Also, while the 1p2 soundstage is massive, it's like a halo - it's kept out at a distance. The 3003 soundstage is also very large, but sounds can be in any location outward, giving them a very immersive experience. The 1p2's soundstage is like a large onion, but sound comes from the very outside layer. In the 3003, sound can come from any of the layers in the onion. It adds quite a bit to the imaging accuracy. 

You're right about not many headphones being able to break out of the congested soundstage mold. But there's a new era of IEMs now. They are getting better. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back