Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jan 7, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #2,042 of 8,152
  With EQ off the sound is very thin, the bass and lower mids are sucked right out. There is a custom EQ so this can be 'fixed' but I think there's something wrong with the default setting. Sound quality after EQ is really good, very resolving with loads of detail. The battery life is absurdly good. I haven't tested total life of it but am just about to do a full charge then measure it. The UI is very responsive, fast and for the most part logical. There's no album art on the "Now Playing" screen though, just track/album/artist and time info but no indication of bitrate. Build quality is extremely solid. Hope that helps.

Thanks! how do you think it compares to the K9 or the Nintaus X10? I am mainly concerned about it sound quality wise. Do you think this is a good overall player? 

Quote:
  I also got a Mrobo C5 just to check out what these type of random dac daps sound like, I'm not impressed, the sound lacks emotion, lacks contrast, lacks immersion, I'd personally rather listen to music on my phone LG G3 than C5. It doesn't sound downright bad, don't take my impression the wrong way, it just doesn't sound good, in any way... Go get a Walnut V2, don't waste your money on C5.

If anyone want's to buy my once listened C5 in box, let me know...

If yes, I may be interested in taking it out of you hands. 
wink.gif

Jan 8, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #2,043 of 8,152
  Thanks! how do you think it compares to the K9 or the Nintaus X10? I am mainly concerned about it sound quality wise. Do you think this is a good overall player? 

Quote:
If yes, I may be interested in taking it out of you hands. 
wink.gif

If you're willing to use the custom EQ (heavily) you can make it sound pretty good. On default setting (EQ Off) the K9 and X10 sound better. The UI is easily better than the Nintaus and more intuitive than the K9 but it doesn't display album art. Battery life is ridiculous - I've had it playing on repeat non-stop for 11 hours and it's still showing 100% battery level.

Jan 9, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #2,044 of 8,152
Penon Audio tells me they will getting the Xuelin iHiFi 780 in the next day or two, but their asking price is a bit more than previously claimed; it is now $119.90...  Still hoping that someone on Aliexpress, Gearbest or eBay will offer the 780 at a price closer to what is advertised on TaoBao (~$73).  I guess we'll find out soon enough...

Jan 9, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #2,045 of 8,152
  Penon Audio tells me they will getting the Xuelin iHiFi 780 in the next day or two, but their asking price is a bit more than previously claimed; it is now $119.90...  Still hoping that someone on Aliexpress, Gearbest or eBay will offer the 780 at a price closer to what is advertised on TaoBao (~$73).  I guess we'll find out soon enough...

Why are you afraid of TaoBao?

Jan 9, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #2,046 of 8,152

Any link to specs/pictures? Can't seem to find anything about it online.

Jan 9, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #2,048 of 8,152
  Why are you afraid of TaoBao?

I have no experience with TaoBao; I was under the impression that vendors on TaoBao did not ship directly to the US...  Are you trying to tell me that I can buy directly from TaoBao without trying to find some middle person to ship it to me?  Please provide details how someone in the US buys a product from TaoBao.  Thanks.

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #2,049 of 8,152
I have no experience with TaoBao; I was under the impression that vendors on TaoBao did not ship directly to the US...  Are you trying to tell me that I can buy directly from TaoBao without trying to find some middle person to ship it to me?  Please provide details how someone in the US buys a product from TaoBao.  Thanks.

Taobao has an official forwarding service called "Taobao Cargo" (officially Taobao Global Consolidation and Shipping). If you shop on world.taobao.com then you can order items through taobao cargo. It is still using a forwarding service, you are just using taobao's internal forwarding warehouse. Basically, you order the products from the sellers, they ship them to taobao warehouse. When all orders arrive at the warehouse, you pay one consolidated shipping fee for the orders to be sent to you. Depending on which shipper you choose, the price runs from like 12-16 bucks for an order up to 1kg i believe. I found the website howtotao to be pretty helpful in getting me set up.

EDIT: Taobao Cargo is only available for USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia and Japan.

Jan 10, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #2,050 of 8,152

https://www.reddit.com/r/FashionReps/comments/40pvkz/guide_how_to_order_from_taobao_from_outside_of/

Jan 10, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #2,052 of 8,152
  @slim311 and groucho69, Thanks for your posts...  I started looking into TaoBao shopping last night and I have a few emails pending to agents.  Thanks again.

I used Mr Tao as vapman had recommended. Excellent communication. You can even buy from their site and shorten the process and minimize the pain http://www.mistertao.com/beta/

Jan 10, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #2,053 of 8,152
Taobao has an official forwarding service called "Taobao Cargo" (officially Taobao Global Consolidation and Shipping). If you shop on world.taobao.com then you can order items through taobao cargo. It is still using a forwarding service, you are just using taobao's internal forwarding warehouse. Basically, you order the products from the sellers, they ship them to taobao warehouse. When all orders arrive at the warehouse, you pay one consolidated shipping fee for the orders to be sent to you. Depending on which shipper you choose, the price runs from like 12-16 bucks for an order up to 1kg i believe. I found the website howtotao to be pretty helpful in getting me set up.

EDIT: Taobao Cargo is only available for USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia and Japan.

thank you for the heads up, I read through some posts on your linked page and came across this

http://www.howtotao.com/china-taobao-prohibited-items/

all of the DAP has battery inside, would this be a problem shipping to the USA?

Jan 10, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #2,054 of 8,152
  thank you for the heads up, I read through some posts on your linked page and came across this

http://www.howtotao.com/china-taobao-prohibited-items/

all of the DAP has battery inside, would this be a problem shipping to the USA?

Can't see that as an issue. There are many members from USA and I don't recall anyone with a problem.

Jan 10, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #2,055 of 8,152

Users who are viewing this thread

Back