Obscure Chinese DAPs
Dec 12, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #1,834 of 8,152
Dec 12, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #1,835 of 8,152
I don't know why AT Khan was so butthurt but obviously he doesn't really know what he's talking about.

• The sound of the K9 is still good in my opinion, perhaps not as good as the S5 but it's a tradeoff for the TFT color screen which is clear with good colors AND very visible in sunlight. 
  • Cheapo buttons? No idea what he's talking about here, the buttons have a tactile click and there's no looseness or rattle about them. 
  • Copy speeds seem perfectly fine to me - better than my $140 FiiO X1ii.....
  • Yes, the built-in speaker is rubbish but it's not meant for music listening.Pretty foolish if you expected that to sound good.
  • Slow? Sorry, WRONG. There is ZERO interface lag, everything is snappy and responsive and switching songs is practically instantaneous - again it beats the X1ii here.
  • Earbuds. LOL really you bought this for the earbuds? Fail. (besides mine came with the gray ones anyway)
  • User Interface. Yes it's a little awkward and there are no dedicated volume buttons but I got used to it within a day or two. I find it easier and more intuitive to use than the NiNTAUS X10 (not to mention more snappy)

It's far from perfect but what can you expect for $24? It's a fun little all-rounder with decent screen and very good battery life.

If you want the best sound you're probably better off getting the S5. If you don't mind slightly lower audio quality and want a color screen that displays album art then go with the K9. Both players are INCREDIBLE value for money. If you haven't seen my review of the K9 you can find it here.

I wish you good luck with whatever you choose, just keep in mind that you're paying less than $25 so adjust your expectations accordingly!
crabdog is correct about the K9. Compared to the Ruizu players I've tried the UI is quite snappy and efficient. The only time it's gotten slow on me is working with a full 64gb card. I don't have the S5 to offer that comparison; it was more expensive than the $20 the K9 cost me on Amazon.

Dec 12, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #1,836 of 8,152
The Benjie T6 should be available very soon.

"We just have T6 at present. T8 is still in designing. "

beerchug.gif

Dec 12, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #1,837 of 8,152
  The Benjie T6 should be available very soon.

"We just have T6 at present. T8 is still in designing. "

beerchug.gif

Ohhhhhh my....ok breath now.

Dec 12, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #1,839 of 8,152
In a meanwhile Mrobo C5 became available on Penon. Description is very Aliexpressish tho.

Dec 12, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #1,840 of 8,152
  Yesterday I pulled out my Benjie K9 for a spin and have been using it all today. I'm amazed this thing didn't gain more popularity here, it's such a good unit. Meanwhile my FiiO X1ii is gathering dust because it's such a frustrating b***h to use and I only been using it for the line-out now and occasionally Bluetooth.

Really hoping the MROBO C5 ticks all the boxes for me, otherwise I'll stick to the Benjie.

I agree! Perfect "on the move" player!

I have also the Benjie C-One and i added a magnetic clip to mine to wear it on a T-Shirt:

Dec 13, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #1,843 of 8,152
  All 3 look amazing. Obviously the T8 is the most interesting but the BJ-T3 sounds amazing too - has Bluetooth and double TF card slots, gapless playback.

Oh stop teasing......
wink.gif

Dec 13, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #1,845 of 8,152
  Haha. I'm just kicking myself because I bought the X1ii and it's........rubbish. 
rolleyes.gif

That's one I had my eye on...until now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back