OBH-11 Power Supply Question
Jul 30, 2001 at 8:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

grrr223

All I want for Christmas is Radio Shack Cat.#910-4380
I am the proud new owner of Blr's OBH-11!!!
(after a few minor incidents with Western Union)

The good news is that it comes with the OBH-2 power supply, the bad news is that it's the European version and I can't use it since I live in the U.S. without some sort of adapter. What should I do?

How much would it cost to buy the U.S. version of the OBH-2? What about buying the OBH-1? Which would sound better: buying a cheaper 24V power supply to use with the creek, or to get the 110V-220V converter and use the OBH-2? Which would be cheaper?

Anyone want to buy the European version of the OBH-2 upgraded power supply for the Creek OBH-11 Headphone Amp? I will entertain all offers?

Jul 31, 2001 at 11:17 AM Post #2 of 5
I'm guessing that a step-up converter will be cheaper than a whole new OBH2. If that is the case I'd recommend you go that way, the OBH2 is definitely worth it (take it from someone who owns both PSUs). If you skimp now and get the OBH1 you'll always wonder how the OBH2 would've been.

Jul 31, 2001 at 2:30 PM Post #3 of 5
the price is about $100. It is really worth the uupgrade to get it. I would have to say that you should get the OBH 2 english version. Otherwsie you will be wondering what you are sacraficing with the convertor. I would imagine that the extra conversion would make a differnce in the sound but i ahve never compared the sound of 2 pieces of gear. It might be interesting to do if you get the US version. Then you could sell the obh2 and include the convertor. I would imagine that it might look attractive to somoene who plans on travelling back and forth between the states and Eurpoe.

This is a really nice sounding piece, congrats!

Jul 31, 2001 at 2:32 PM Post #4 of 5
grr233: I know the OBH2 costs Cdn$150 here in Toronto, and I've seen it advertised on U.S. sites for US$100..although the guy I talked to actually told me that his customers don't seem to notice a big difference between the OBH1 and OBH2..

Jul 31, 2001 at 4:55 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks guys, okay, I think for now I'm just going to get the step-up converter. Now the question is "What exactly is a step-up converter, where can I get one, and how much will it cost?" Are we talking about those adapters you get when you buy a kit for international travel that allows you to plug your hair dryer in in ireland and stuff (only the opposite I guess, since I'll be going form the swedish one to the US one)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back