O2 + ODAC vs Maverick Tube Magic D1 on HD 650's, curious what differences in sound I will hear
Jul 23, 2012 at 6:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Jimmy24

Member of the Trade: TheHeadAmpBuilder
Formerly known as Jimbo24
Hey guys. I recently purchased an O2 for my HD 650s and I was wondering if anyone here has heard both the O2 + ODAC as well as the Tube Magic D1 with these pair of cans. I'm just kinda curious to know what difference in sound I will hear between the two DAC/AMP's. 

James

Sep 23, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #3 of 8
Same for me! 
wink_face.gif

Sep 25, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
Hey guys. I recently purchased an O2 for my HD 650s and I was wondering if anyone here has heard both the O2 + ODAC as well as the Tube Magic D1 with these pair of cans. I'm just kinda curious to know what difference in sound I will hear between the two DAC/AMP's. 

James

What kind of differences will you hear? I think you need to try it out for yourself! 

Sep 25, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #6 of 8
Thing is, for most of us, it is difficult if not impossible to listen to different headphone amps before committing to buying one. Where I live (Montreal, QC Canada), there is 1 hifi audio store in the province that I know of, and their selection of amps is quite limited.

This is why we have to rely on second hand experience from users in this forum! 
bigsmile_face.gif

If someone else had the chance to try the same model of headphones as we have, but with different amps, he can relate his experience and describe the difference that he heard. It's either that or reading the amp's specs... but that can be daunting, particularly for newbies (like me)... 

Sep 25, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #7 of 8
I agree to an extent.
However, IMO its better to get hold of the measurements, and compare them yourself. Its better than trusting someone else's explanation of 'how it sounds', and you'll get a good approximation of where the sound lies in the whole spectrum of amp sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back