NY Sound - Anyone Ordered From Them
May 25, 2007 at 8:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

DarkAngel

DarkAngel's a man, baby!
Website called NY Sound has great prices on Chinese audio gear. Has anyone used them and did you have any problems?

NY Sound

The shipping costs are very high but total cost is low........unfortunately they sell mostly 220v products not 120v

May 25, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #3 of 16
I remember encountering this website before I pulled the trigger on the E5, but ultimately I ordered it from Cattylink. It seems so long ago, yet I've got a foggy recollection reading at least one negative post/review about this site. Though, you can't please all the people all the time.

Just use common sense, exercise a great deal of due diligence, and use a credit card.

May 25, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I remember encountering this website before I pulled the trigger on the E5, but ultimately I ordered it from Cattylink. It seems so long ago, yet I've got a foggy recollection reading at least one negative post/review about this site. Though, you can't please all the people all the time.

Just use common sense, exercise a great deal of due diligence, and use a credit card.

What ............ 909 you have gone off the deep end, Reimyo CDP-777

What did you do with Rega Saturn?

May 26, 2007 at 12:02 AM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The million dollar question(s)
wink.gif

Regardless, he now has the ultimate IMHO. Mini meet, mini meet.........

May 26, 2007 at 12:02 AM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

deep... deep... off....
cool.gif

right now the saturn is doing nothing, but packaged back in its original plastic bag, foam, and box. Here's my CDP-777 thread. The Saturn won't be neglected for long soon I'll find it another good home.
tongue.gif

May 26, 2007 at 12:05 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by velogreg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The million dollar question(s)
wink.gif

Regardless, he now has the ultimate IMHO. Mini meet, mini meet.........

very soon--probably, before June 3--you game?
smily_headphones1.gif

May 26, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
very soon--probably, before June 3--you game?
smily_headphones1.gif

I'd be interested though my interest would increase the closer it got to Westlake Village!
wink.gif

My Extreme Platinum is burning in as we speak.

May 26, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #10 of 16
Besides high shipping fees most of thier gear listed as 220v, if they cannot get 120v model that is a problem. Why would a dealer in NY try to sell gear that is 220v for USA market?

Anyone have good source for China audio gear for USA market you can share with 120v products?

May 28, 2007 at 6:26 AM Post #11 of 16
The reason NY Sound sells 220V to US market is that that all they can get from their sources in HK or China. They are not related to the official, authorized distribution channel. After you place the order, they ask their supplier(s) to ship the thing to you, and pocket the difference.

For short-term gain, many of us tend to buy from this kind of operation, because maybe the stuff is cheaper (again, short term). They sell cheap because little or no overhead. What's wrong with that, as long as we, the consumers, get things cheaper? The results are that these kind of operation hurt the healthy market, distributors/dealers are not motivated to sell the products, and the manufacturers are not getting enough revenue (and profit) for longer term development. Do we, the consumers, gain more in the long run? Again, you may say that we only buy a few pieces for now, and we are not obligated to grow the companies/manufacturers, neither to cultivate the industry. Well, we may have to think like a responsible adult. If possible, don't buy from them.

On the other hand, from my observation, buying goods from official channels does not really make those people instant millionaire at all. We are in a world in which competitiveness still rules.

May 28, 2007 at 6:56 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiohouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The results are that these kind of operation hurt the healthy market, distributors/dealers are not motivated to sell the products, and the manufacturers are not getting enough revenue (and profit) for longer term development.

i'm sorry but this doesnt make sense. the only reason manufacturers shut down their operations is because of their sucky products, not because of the existence of discounters. if the demand isnt there, it doesnt matter whether the distributors are selling high or low, they gonna close down.

distributors and manufacturers are two separate channels. just b/c kmart closes down doesnt coca-cola is going to shut down their business and vice versa.

did you sign up just to post this bogus?

Jun 4, 2007 at 12:31 PM Post #13 of 16
I did get responses from NY Sound to my questions..........they have a "ticket" system where you submit question on website and then send you email when response is available to be viewed at thier website. That notifacation email was being routed to my spam folder by AOL, so they do answer questions you have.

Jun 14, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #14 of 16
I did order the only 120v CDP that they currently sell - Shengya CD10
CD10

Cost $500 and $19 shipping, arrived 10 days after order placed, well packaged in double box, included a Xindak AC cord as free gift. Manual and commands on CDP are in Chinese but metal remote is in english.

Unit is working and breaking in now, cool features:
Volume control
Tube and transistor outputs, user selects from two sets of RCAs
HDCD
Full function metal remote

I used visa for purchase and was very reluctant to make purchase since if something goes wrong you have few options, NY Sound has 90 day warranty plus some additional coverage 90 days - 1yr but I wouldn't like to have to test it.....Would rather get tube CDP from Pacific Valve etc but I think this will be hard to beat at $500 level and above.

Too much to resist, wish they had other 120v products for sale like matching integrated amp shown, will probably start new thread for more detailed impressions of Shengya CD10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back