nuforce udac
Apr 7, 2010 at 12:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

odin32

New Head-Fier
I'm thinking of getting the udac for use with my windows vista 64 system. What is the general consensus on the dac/amp? I've seen a lot of mixed reviews on this forum and others. My current pair of cans are a sennheiser hd555. I currently have a Newegg.com - StarTech ICUSBAUDIO USB to Stereo Audio Adapter Converter - Sound Cards which doesn't sound great. Is the udac the best value and will it be a significant improvement? I plan to use it directly without another amp.

Apr 7, 2010 at 12:58 AM Post #2 of 5
Its the best sounding $99 I've every spent.

Apr 7, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by markkr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How good is the amp inside it? Will I most likely need a dedicated amp? Also, any issues with the usb giving unclean power?

Jun 3, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by markkr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How good is the amp inside it? Will I most likely need a dedicated amp? Also, any issues with the usb giving unclean power?

Since usb provides the electricity the udac doesn't have a ton of power to drive high impedance/low sensitivity headphones. When paired with easy to drive cans or iems the amp stage performs quite well for what it is, and I haven't noticed any problems with the unclean power, though there has certainly been talk of that with usb powered dac/amp combos in general.

In short don't expect the uDac to drive HD800s but if you pair them with something within their capabilities you will not be disappointed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back