Nuforce Ne-7 vs Ne-8
Dec 24, 2008 at 8:33 AM Post #61 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by sidtai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am very interested in the NE-7M, as HeadphoneAddict rates it above the C700, and i prefer a slightly emphasized bass, but the included microphone which i dont need nor want is keeping me from pulling the trigger, i really hope that Nuforce would release a NE-7 without the microphone soon >.<

The solution is simple: you must now buy an iPhone
biggrin.gif

Dec 25, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #63 of 68
These NE-8's are driving me crazy. I want to love them, really I do. They have a great midrange and top end, excellent built quality, nice supplied accessories, excellent fit and comfort...

and, without enhancement, no bottom end to speak of. A bottom end so lacking that the lack of response goes all the way up into the lower midrange, affecting timbre of both instruments and voices.

With enhancement the bass goes from acceptable in quiet spaces to somewhat lacking when in an any outdoor environment.

NuForce seemingly hit their target in the NE-8's in regards to midrange and top end response and performance, construction, quality, pricing...but how did they miss so tremendously with the bottom end?

Dec 25, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #64 of 68
I agree with what you are saying Snake. My expectations were measured for the NE-8s yet I am somewhat disappointed. At least I am able to equalize the low end without it distorting. Even with equalization, they still sound thin.

-Pony

Dec 25, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #65 of 68
I just got my NE-8s this morning (an unexpected surprise). So far, the bass is definitely lacking (being unamped), but I'll see how they sound after some burn-in.

What comply tips should I get to work with the ne-8s?

Dec 25, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #66 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vilicus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my NE-8s this morning (an unexpected surprise). So far, the bass is definitely lacking (being unamped), but I'll see how they sound after some burn-in.

I have T400 that fit, but I either need large instead of medium, or the P series which are longer.

Dec 26, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #67 of 68
i decided to plunge into the hi-fi world this christmas, so i decided on some new headphones and have been listening to my new NE-8's and grado sr60's all day. i've been enjoying both a ton, they're quite different than my old cans (bose qc1). anyway, to the point: the ne-8's are very clear in the highs and mids, but like others i've found the bass a bit lacking. i ordered a fiio e5 amp as well, but it hasnt come in yet. will the ne-8's benefit and fill in nicely from the amp and bass boost? i figured i couldnt really go wrong with a 20 dollar portable amp, and the e3 seemed to be pretty popular so it was worth a shot. has anyone tried the ne-8 (or sr60) with the e5?

Dec 27, 2008 at 8:21 AM Post #68 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vilicus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use the T500. They work pretty well for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back