Nuforce LPS-1...difference is not subtle.
Jan 13, 2012 at 5:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

MatsudaMan

aka JohannesBrahms, KittlesLittles, Bigglesworth.
Just received my new LPS-1 power supply unit in the mail, hooked it up to my Nuforce Icon-2 and have been amazed with the difference in sound quality!  In sheer scale of the the sound, it is like night and day.  Where it used to sound somewhat small, thin and veiled, the sound is now much thicker and robust. The sound of the instruments is now much more effortless and "real", like there is more body to the sound.  I mean I knew it would make a difference, but I'm just surprised at how much has changed...truly sounds like a new amp!

To all of you out there with Nuforce Icon amps or Nuforce HDP, you should definitely check out the power supply unit - really opens them up to a new level of sound.  I'm so pumped! 

Feb 9, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #3 of 43
Got it for 280 at the nuforce estore....I think that's the current price.

Feb 16, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #4 of 43
I actually ordered some today for my Nuforce HDP's. Was debating on the Sigma 11 or the LPS-1 but decided to get the LPS-1 as I own many products from Nuforce and that puts faith and trust in there equipment. I'll give you my thoughts on them when I receive them.

Feb 20, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #6 of 43

Quote:
Please do. Im working on the purchase list to start building sigma 11's. But I'm still interested to hear more opinions on the LPS-1.

Ok so I've had about two days listening to Nuforce HDP/AKG K702 with their Linear Power Supply. I would say the change is very apparent. Taking away the LPS-1 from the HDP results in a less refined and spacious sound.  For me, the increased depth and the added dimension to the sound of the HDP with LPS-1 makes it simply futile to listen to without as I can't go back to the standard PSU included for the reason that there just seems to be too much loss of detail and resolution. In respect, HDP stock is still amazing.

What you get with a great Linear Power Supply upgrade to my ears and is obvious to others around me are, improved separation, improved mid-range, improved all aspects of bass, improved soundstage and just overall improvement in the detail, clarity and quality of sound. The improvements just can't be counted as there are far too many!

This is to say you don't know what you are missing out on until you have heard the combination of the HDP with a Linear Power Supply. The HDP is still great without a PSU upgrade but with any decent LPS whether it be the Sigma 11 or the Nuforce LPS-1, there is to be an expected gain in sound and from Nuforce themselves said the LPS-1 will bring the HDP to entirely new heights.

***EDIT*** Added "In respect, HDP stock is still amazing."

Feb 20, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #7 of 43
Wow, well thats very interesting to hear. Now if only we could compare any noticeable differences between the Sigma 11 and the LPS-1. Thanks for posting back and letting us know. I think I am for sure going to start ordering parts for my Sigma 11 now.

Feb 23, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #10 of 43
Can you loan me yours to test with one of my HDP's?? I have two including one I'm selling

I've been curious and I've never been too keen on the thought of power supply related upgrades doing a whole lot of difference (coming from the cables guy I know that has to be funny)

Feb 23, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #11 of 43

Quote:
Can you loan me yours to test with one of my HDP's?? I have two including one I'm selling

I've been curious and I've never been too keen on the thought of power supply related upgrades doing a whole lot of difference (coming from the cables guy I know that has to be funny)

Haha, a post that genuinely makes me laugh 
beerchug.gif

Feb 23, 2012 at 7:57 AM Post #12 of 43

Quote:

I'm sorry my friend but these are the only LPS's I have

If I had another, I would most definitely send you one but as atm, I am unable to. Sorry :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back