NOW DEAD BACK TO $399__Ultimate Ears Triple.FI 10 pro IEM $269.99
Mar 16, 2008 at 11:13 AM Post #106 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by hyyam85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
12.5% GST. I am in New Zealand. Just across the Tasman. But I have heard people saying that goods over NZD100 will be taxed. I am not sure about that.

See here for New Zealand:
Customs Charges

$50NZ and over attracts Customs and then 12.5% GST. The level of Customs depends on the article being imported. On amplifiers its 7%.
So to use my Example of $1546AU;
$1546AU Convert to $1,780.61NZ
$1780.61NZ @ 7% Customs= $124.64NZ
$1780.61NZ + Customs $124.64NZ=1905.25
$1905.25NZ @ 12.5 GST=$238.15

So the total charges >124.64+238.15= $362.82NZ

Mar 17, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #108 of 149
Now my Triple.Fi Pro 10 sound great with the new iQube. With my Xin Reference it was just to warm for me. With the precision of the iQube it comes alive...real music. The amp can make a difference in how we perceive the music.

Mar 18, 2008 at 5:39 AM Post #109 of 149
So does the Australia Government offer good health care for the high amount of tax they charge?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We pay customs and GST here when the total is over $1000Au. Considering what I have read here on this topic in regards to other country's custom and Tax practices, I think we have it pretty good.
I have just received my Maxed out amp and Dac from headroom which came to $1546Au and paid $234 in Customs and GST. What would you pay in your country for this amount?

Mar 18, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #110 of 149
HAHA F155, that is a funny statement!

No, I am appalled at the last AUstralian government, the current Government - Kevin Rudd, is, to the best of my knowledge, at least trying to rectify things, but the state governments tend to control states which stuffs things up, my mum is a public health worker, and she was gonna go on strike due to some bargaining issue, which is now in a cease and all sorts. last year, nurses shutdown 1 in 4 beds which caused chaos, and so forth. our cops, firemans, ambos and nurses dnt get the pay and suppor thtye deserve.

instead, the stupid government gives grants to PRIVATE schools who already have millions of dollars, rather than to our underfunded public schools who have to rely on parents giving donations, which doesnt happen since parents are either facing high rents or mortage issues since we are going through a housing crisis. the government gives funding to football clubs, whos members do drugs, get drunk and urinate outside pubs, and this is more important than nurses why, i dont know!

end rant
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 18, 2008 at 12:58 PM Post #111 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by F155mph /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So does the Australia Government offer good health care for the high amount of tax they charge?

Our Health system here is one of the best in the world. Where ever you see a socialized system, it works. Some work better than others, the point is they work well. If you look at the worst system, i.e. the U.S. I would hate to need assistance there. If you are really interested look at Michael Moore's 'Sicko'. a real eye opener that shows how bad the system is over there and how corrupt it is.
Now overall though we do get taxed into oblivion in Australia. Buy anything electronic or optical and get blown away by the cost. I for one like many others search the net and buy overseas where we can.

Mar 18, 2008 at 1:49 PM Post #112 of 149
Sicko and pretty much anything Michael Moore puts out is seen as a farce. It's grossly distorted. US Healthcare, while not the cheapest is the best in the world. Privatization and competition is THE best way to make the best system. Hand it over to the goverment and it is doomed to fail. It's only a money drain with no incentive to improve upon. Just tax the people more. Canada's socialized system is very cheap and works great for check-ups or simple ailaments but millions come into the US any more serious conditions because a person doesn't want to wait 3-4 months for an MRI. In the US you can schedule one in 1-2 days.

How did we get here? Sorry.

Mar 18, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #114 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sicko and pretty much anything Michael Moore puts out is seen as a farce. It's grossly distorted. US Healthcare, while not the cheapest is the best in the world. Privatization and competition is THE best way to make the best system. Hand it over to the goverment and it is doomed to fail. It's only a money drain with no incentive to improve upon. Just tax the people more. Canada's socialized system is very cheap and works great for check-ups or simple ailaments but millions come into the US any more serious conditions because a person doesn't want to wait 3-4 months for an MRI. In the US you can schedule one in 1-2 days.

Well I don't think for one second that Moore is a farce, unless of course you watch Fox news. One thing I don't like about Moore's documentary's is that he leaves out the truly juicy stuff, in one way I can understand and appreciate this as he simply wouldn't be allowed to show his work otherwise. eg. In his Fahrenheit 451 piece, he leaves out an enormous amount of evidence that a foreign country was evolved and I not talking about Iraq or Iran or any Arab country- But that's a discussion for another day.
Regarding your second comment about the US heatlh system, I quote from an article freely available on the net "The conventional healthcare system in the US, rated 72nd in quality but first in cost by the World Health Organization, (WHO) and declared in the authoritative study "Death by Medicine" to be the number one killer of Americans is finally beginning to suffer the consequences of its policies."

I'll leave this for you to think about and do for yourself further study and research.

Mar 18, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #115 of 149
From the article:

State legislatures, like California and others, are so fed up with the greedy-maw-with-trash-offering of organized health-care, that many are considering forcing health care into State-run systems, in an attempt to force some honesty and integrity into the morass.

ROTFLMAO! Good lord, help us.

Some sort of reform? Sure, but you do NOT want the goverment running healthcare.

Moore has won awards for his fictional films but you must put it into context. He is anti-America, extreemly liberal and hates Bush so he is adored by 50% of the population (that also hates Bush). Throw in the fact that Hollywood is extreemly liberal and that is why Moore's propaganda is embraced so heartily.

As far as Fox News, there is a reason why they CRUSH the competition by a 5 to 1 margin. It is because they present both sides (liberal and conservative) and are balanced in this regard. If it were strictly conservative reporting or a mouthpiece for the White House the ratings would be much smaller (because it's only catering to conservatives). This is an obvious point just by looking at the ratings numbers. They draw a much bigger audience catering to both sides versus the liberal BBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC stations

Mar 18, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #116 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ummm..you have any facts to back up these statements?

Many people actually leave the US and go to Mexico to get better treatment. To quote

"Despite endless efforts for decades by the American medical system (not to mention the media) to depict Mexican hospitals as strange, backward or even dangerous their popularity continues. The reason is simple. People can get cancer therapies there not available in the United States, Canada or most other industrialized nations due to politics.

In Mexico, the government feels the doctor should be the one deciding what treatment or therapy is best. It does not attempt to get in between doctors and their patients and dictate treatments that can or cannot be used. Nor does it burden doctors and their staff with endless bureaucratic restrictions, policies, procedures and paperwork which plague most conventional medical systems in major industrialized nations."

Yes, Mexico. Think about that.

BTW we have private MRI clinics, etc.. in Canada too.
wink.gif

Mar 18, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #118 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sooo Triple Fi 10s!

Best IEMs ever aye?!

LOL! Yeah, pretty damn fine...trying out olives right now with mine -tried just stretching them but it sounded awful to my ears, so I cut out the tube & replaced it with UEs own -much better. Great seal, easy to acheive but I do wonder if the Trips lose a little bit of spaciousness w/ olives..could just be my ears going a bit wonky today =)

Now to try the ES cable in a few days (thanks antonyfirst!)

Mar 19, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #120 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sooo Triple Fi 10s!

Best IEMs ever aye?!

x2
i've tried several IEM like SE530, Sleek SA6, ER4S and i found that i like UE sound more than others, i'm using shure black olives too, i think shure's tip reduces some of airy high or is it just my ear..
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back