Not sure if setup correctly E-APO & Peace
May 5, 2021 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Gil80

Head-Fier
I'm a bit confused with how I'm set up with my EQ for my bookshelf speakers and headphones.

I use Peace to switch between presets based on if I use the speakers or headphones.
Yet, I'm not sure when I switch between the two, that the correct EQ is loaded. I can hear the changes, but the setting is confusing.

This is Peace with EQ set for my headhpnes:
1620266149535.png

This is with EQ for my AudioEngine5+ speakers:
1620266205498.png

And now for the confusing part is how E-APO is configured:
1620266258231.png

And this is peace.txt
1620266316717.png

As you can see, this is the EQ for the headphones and the Device is set to ALL DEVICES.
So when I switch to speakers, I don't know if I'm really getting the correct EQ for the speakers or not.

I tried to set the Config.txt to point to each device config file to pick it's own EQ, but Peace wouldn't play nicely with this.

What I'm trying to figure out and solve is, am I set up correctly? If yes, then why peace.txt has the EQ for the headphones and it's set to All Devices?

Very confused. I'm more than happy to get TeamViewer session if someone is willing to help out and check my config.

ATH-A900X.txt
1620266481694.png

AudioEngine5+.txt
1620266503801.png

Oct 26, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #3 of 4
I tried to set the Config.txt to point to each device config file to pick it's own EQ, but Peace wouldn't play nicely with this.
You should point this question directly to Peter Verbeek who is the developer for Peace.

Filters targeted to device(s) named in Device: <device names> command are active as long as there's next Device: command given.
Default is "All" so, without Device: -command all devices, which have APOs installed, are affected by given filters.

IIRC, you can use conditional selection (If: ... ElseIf: ... Else: ... EndIf:) with deviceName as parameter to target various sections of the configuration to various devices.
If: deviceName == "Headphones" ... ElseIf: deviceName == "Speakers" ... Else: ... EndIf:

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2021 at 1:16 AM Post #4 of 4
Does anybody know with the Peace/APO, with the mono setting can you still use all the headphone recomendations that they give. I am deaf in my left ear and am trying to find ways that I can hear all the music that everybody else hears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back