not so common dual pot values???
Oct 28, 2004 at 5:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

skyskraper

Headphoneus Supremus
ok so ive given up on trying to find a nice stereo parametric eq for the moment and have decided on picking up a pair of pcb's for ken stone's synthacon clone filter.

now ive ordered two pcb's and id be quite happy to build two mono units, but i'd preffer to set them up for taking with me to gigs, so i'd love to have stereo operation. i've read up about how to match the two pcb's for stereo use and have got that figured out. but i have come across a bit of an issue in finding pots to control them.

ok so i need three pots, 100k linear (frequency control), 1k linear (resonance control), 50k log (output level). no probs finding these in dual or single gang, but id preffer to get high quality (vishay, bourns, alps, panasonic, whatever) ones, im gonna run nice parts wherever the signal runs through, so putting in cheap pots wouldnt do the unit justice. my problem is finding all the values in dual gang configs in the same pot series. it's not too big a problem to run different types of pots for different functions, but i would preffer not to.

so i was hoping some of you diy'ers would have some links for places i could get 100k lin, 1k lin, and 50k log, all in dual, all in one range of pots????

if i can't find any i might just stick with mono, and let it run in an aux loop on the mixers, and not in line between the source and mixer....

Oct 28, 2004 at 10:38 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyskraper
ok so ive given up on trying to find a nice stereo parametric eq for the moment and have decided on picking up a pair of pcb's for ken stone's synthacon clone filter.

now ive ordered two pcb's and id be quite happy to build two mono units, but i'd preffer to set them up for taking with me to gigs, so i'd love to have stereo operation. i've read up about how to match the two pcb's for stereo use and have got that figured out. but i have come across a bit of an issue in finding pots to control them.

ok so i need three pots, 100k linear (frequency control), 1k linear (resonance control), 50k log (output level). no probs finding these in dual or single gang, but id preffer to get high quality (vishay, bourns, alps, panasonic, whatever) ones, im gonna run nice parts wherever the signal runs through, so putting in cheap pots wouldnt do the unit justice. my problem is finding all the values in dual gang configs in the same pot series. it's not too big a problem to run different types of pots for different functions, but i would preffer not to.

so i was hoping some of you diy'ers would have some links for places i could get 100k lin, 1k lin, and 50k log, all in dual, all in one range of pots????

if i can't find any i might just stick with mono, and let it run in an aux loop on the mixers, and not in line between the source and mixer....

I *think* you can get all of those in the Pana EVJ. You ought to be able to in most of the major series.

Oct 29, 2004 at 3:54 AM Post #3 of 3
the 50k is no real problem. its the fact that some ranges have the 100k lin and not the 1k lin and vice versa
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back