Not an Audiophile: Beats Solo HD, Audio Technica ATH-Pro700MK2
Jan 31, 2012 at 11:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ishthefish519

New Head-Fier
I am not an audiophile. Just a guy that wants good headphones to listen to with his iPod that look sexy as well. Headphones that are good for Rock and Metal. Are the Beats Solo HD good for me then? Or are the audio technica's(DJ use) better? I can't make up my mind. I really want headphones and have heard the beats, and they sounded pretty good to me, but maybe it's because my current earphones are 35 dollar sony's. 

Feb 1, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #2 of 5

Thought about the V-Moda M80's too?

Suave urban looks - check

Reasonable sounding - check

Mid bass kick - check

Just an idea anyway :)

font]

Feb 1, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #4 of 5
I think that the Audio Technica ES7 are pretty good for rock too. I prefer them to the HD25, which I thought were really bland in comparison. Hell, I prefer most things to the HD-25, they just dont' sound like 200 dollar phones to me.

Bro if you're into rock and metal the beats are way off the mark. Grab a set of Grados and rock out with your #$#@ out. Forget the haters.

Feb 1, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #5 of 5
Depends what you want to hear in your music. Of all the Beats, I find the Solo's (not sure if the ones I tried are the 'HD' ones or not) most muddy in the mids and recessed treble. If you just want the thumping bass (i.e. listening to beats, like its name suggests), it -may- be a choice, thought most people here would suggest you otherwise due to its price/value.

I'd grab an Audio-Technica if only between the two.

The V-moda's are apparently really good also and does fit the equation for looks and all. Very well built and good sounding (from all the reviews), also has detachable cables. It's on-ears but since you're comparing to solo HD's, they run in the same field anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back