Norwegian Meet 30.08.2008 Impressions
Aug 31, 2008 at 1:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

krmathis

Head-Fi's Most Prolific Poster
[size=large]Norwegian Meet 30.08.2008 Impressions[/size]

Facts:
Yesterday (august 30th. 2008) I had the pleasure to attend the first ever Norwegian Head-Fi meet in Oslo, Norway.
Big thanks to gixxer for hosting an excellent event!
bigsmile_face.gif

We were five attenders in total: krmathis (me), gixxer, nor_spoon, arirug and geir.
Background: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f24/no...i-meet-332757/

We had lots of nice gear around. I wont list it all tough, but let the pictures speak for itself...

Short impressions (more to come):
I was really impressed by the Black Magic (845 eqipped mono blocks), driving the Stax'en through an SRD-7 MK2. More drive and punch that I have even heard from the SR-007's.
'gixxer' have an SR-007 and SRM-717, which we compared extensively to my SR-007BL and SRM-007t. None of us were blown away by any major differences. Simply because there are none... The SRM-717 have a little more punch/control (higher power output), while the SRM-007t have a smoother midrange and "rounder edges". All in all a very close call between them. The two SR-007's sounded identical to my ears.

The Zana Deux were sweet as well. Looks really great and put out a really nice sound through the RS1, DT880, HD650 and K340.
Really great dynamic rig I must say.

We also did a DAC comparison. RWA Isabellina vs. Ontech Monster Dual Mono vs. Dynamic Precision. No clear winner, as all of them are really nice.

Summary:
A really nice meeting. Friendly fellow Head-Fi'ers, nice place, and excellent food!
Excellent start of what hopefully will be a line of Norwegian head-Fi meetings.

Those who did not make it this time, make sure you are there the next time. he he

Stay tuned!
beerchug.gif

Aug 31, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #2 of 32
Pictures:
[size=xx-small]Click for larger[/size]

Aug 31, 2008 at 1:51 PM Post #3 of 32

Really nice pizza were served to us hungry vikings. Great!

The spectators were shocked, and unable to move the whole day.
wink.gif

Aug 31, 2008 at 1:59 PM Post #4 of 32
It was a most enjoyable meeting, and I got some scary info like that Stax 404 is not more than 400usd.... Gotta keep my wallet in check.
The stax 007 when the host introduced us to the Raumklang trcak, I could hear people opening the windo next to me, real lifelike.
All the equipment I listened to was most excellent. Being a portable guy, the setups here was way over what I have, but that is part of the charm of this hobby.
Thanks to our host for hosting this meeting.Link to a few photos of headphones and equipment

Aug 31, 2008 at 2:15 PM Post #6 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by squall343 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
something is wrong with the date? Feb instead of Aug?

Small typo. Fixed now!
Were a bit undecided which date format to use, and probably forgot to fix it at the last stage.

Aug 31, 2008 at 2:49 PM Post #8 of 32
Great meet, great stuff I wish I could be there
biggrin.gif

I especially love all the Stax gear. What you guys need is some good orthodynamic headphones to add to the mix
wink.gif

Aug 31, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #11 of 32
Guys, I had the most splendid time together with you yesterday. Really nice to meet you all! A special thanks goes to Gixxer for hosting this excellent event, and for the making of the delicious pizza! Yummy!
smile.gif

Nice images krmathis!

We were few people at the meet, but this is hopefully the first of more to come. Anyway, there were quality gear, and not quantity, and that's what matters, right?
tongue.gif

I have to say Gixxer's Stax setup was nothing short of spectacular! Look at the pictures of those twin colossals!
tongue_smile.gif
The K1000 was really interesting, and sounded really nice out of krmathis rig. Fascinating concept. All the Stax gear were impressive, with soundstage to die for! I'll post more impressions of the gear I listened to later.

Aug 31, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #12 of 32
Thanks for a great meeting! It was a true pleasure seeing other people with the same interest! And a special thanks to Yngve who held the meeting and served us delicious home-made pizza! There were a lot of nice rigs there, and espescially the Stax-sound caught my interest! So I am now looking for a nice entry-level stax to complement my Decware CSP2 and Singlepower Extreme. The Zana Deux sounded very good too, and was a real beauty to look at!

Aug 31, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #13 of 32
Looking good. Lots of interesting gear you had there. We must start to consider Scandinavian meet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 31, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sture /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ARRGH! The Zana Deux pictures makes me crazy. It is so slinky
tongue_smile.gif

I am happy!
bigsmile_face.gif

Hopefully, you will have yours really soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back