Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Feb 8, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #2,626 of 6,509
Received my Draug 2 for HD800 a few days ago, I'm really happy with it.  It's a lot more soft and pliable than I was anticipating, especially for how thick it is, and it looks so cool. Big thanks to Trevor, who was incredibly helpful both with questions before ordering, and in changes that needed to be made along the way. Oh, and that clear black Norne DIY wire is really nice looking, and easy to work with.

Feb 8, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #2,627 of 6,509
Received my Draug 2 for HD800 a few days ago, I'm really happy with it.  It's a lot more soft and pliable than I was anticipating, especially for how thick it is, and it looks so cool. Big thanks to Trevor, who was incredibly helpful both with questions before ordering, and in changes that needed to be made along the way. Oh, and that clear black Norne DIY wire is really nice looking, and easy to work with.

That Draug2 is such a great looking cable. How long was the wait?

Feb 8, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #2,629 of 6,509
wink.gif
I got the my 8 wire Therium today. Thanks Trevor for the free shipping upgrade to let me enjoy the cable on the coming long weekend. And especially thanks for the free 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptor to let me campare the Theriums with stock cable using the same output.
The following pictures shows everything of the details and craftmanship. Trevor really take care about your money and his jobs.

Feb 8, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #2,631 of 6,509
 For the first hour listening, I can feel the energy and more bass. Now I only use the balance output from X7's AM3 amp. Not doing the comparation yet. Will post some impression later.

Thanks again, Trevor.

Feb 9, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #2,632 of 6,509

Iron PM sent.

Thanks Pooch for being so patient during the process, most of all I am glad you are happy.

Your welcome Mud, thank you for taking the time to post the nice shots.

p.s.
to all
I am pulling another all night tonight as I really want to knock a ton of stuff out for shipping tomorrow.
I will also be checking to make sure I have not
missed anything in email / order-wise.  Please feel free to email me for status in the next 12 hours as
I will also be checking the inbox while doing builds on a consistent basis. 
A handful more all-nighters and things should be looking better on waits.

Feb 9, 2017 at 12:29 AM Post #2,633 of 6,509
Trevor

Take care of your self too. I've been down the all nighter road many times before and it's a stress on the body. I don't see really reason to pull all nighter, I am OK with getting my cable next week.

Feb 13, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #2,635 of 6,509
Hi guy,
After several days listening to the Andromeda with the 8 wires Therium, I would like to write a short impression here. (For my shameful English, writing  is even harder than make a cable.
biggrin.gif
) These cables reinforced my belief that the cable can change the sound signature and the cable burn-in is existing.  

Before I ordered these cables I had two concerns, the first is if they are too thick and stiff? Yes, they are about tripe thicker as the stock spc litz cable and stiffer, but the ergonomic is good and is comfortable to wear inside or outside . Especially they have a jewellery like looking to get more attractions from girls and boys and even thieves.
wink.gif

The only complain is when I wear them on the treadmill, my ears can feel they are heavy. A clipper maybe  help. If you want to use them outside a lot, I suggest you go with the 4 wire model. 

The second is if the silver cable will make the sound too brighter even harsh? No, even opposite.

The first listening was on the X7 AM3 balance output, I could notice immediately  the bass was rolling but not tight,  kind of uncontrolled,  spreading all over the sound stage and mess up everything. It was too over for me, I am not a bass head. Then I used SE output with the 3.5mm adapter,  the bass was still rolling but much controlled. Still too over. 
 Then I thought both of   the cable and the AM3's balanced part might need a burn-in. Yes, during the burn-in period, the bass becomes tighter and more controlled.

After four days hard listening ( about 20  hours) I used the AM3's SE output doing a quick comparison with the stock cable.  The Therium's obviously bring more power to the bass, more amount with more energy. The sub-bass has slower decay. The bass  is most noticeable improvement. The soundstage is noticeable  larger and deeper with better resolving . The theriums also make the treble smoother, rounded  the edge off. which was really surprised me. It make the sound slight less brighter and more enjoyable.  Although the $150 value  stock SPC Litz cable from ALO is a decent cable, probably is the best  stock cable , the Theriums  still makes this obvious improvement. Now the sound is  more fuller. The full-size -like  Andromedas are even more full size. ( The main reason I bought the Andromedas.)

I didn't change the cable too many times to avoid damaging the tiny MMCX connectors.   I know the Theriums are better is enough for me.. I don't like even hate  listening to equipment, I like listening  music. So The X7>AM3 balanced>8 wire Therium>Andromeda is my next 5 years game-end portable rig. I can enjoy the music now.

My next project is upgrade my desktop and speaker system. Once I make the decision, the cables will be order from Trevor for sure.

Thanks again to Trevor for his friendly and detailed communications and nice works. 

Feb 14, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #2,637 of 6,509
Hello guys,

I'm looking for an upgrade cable for my focal elear.

I am gonna decide between silvergarde s and Draug 2(I know these two are in different price tag).

Elear is a bit dark for my taste, but I do love the vocal and bass(while it's a bit loose for my taste) of it.

So I want to find a cable to make elear's treble extension and soundstage better(wider) while not losing the charming vocal and punchy bass(hope it can be tighten)

My only concern is that silvergarde s is a pure silver cable, and what I've heard is that the silver cable will usually reduce the amount of bass.

I want the bass to be tighten but just don't want to lose the punchiness.

pls give me some advice!!

Feb 14, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #2,638 of 6,509
Hello guys,

I'm looking for an upgrade cable for my focal elear.

I am gonna decide between silvergarde s and [COLOR=222222]Draug 2(I know these two are in different price tag).[/COLOR]

[COLOR=222222]Elear is a bit dark for my taste, but I do love the vocal and bass(while it's a bit loose for my taste) of it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=222222]So I want to find a cable to make elear's treble extension and soundstage better(wider) while not losing the charming vocal and punchy bass(hope it can be tighten)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=222222]My only concern is that [/COLOR]silvergarde s is a pure silver cable, and what I've heard is that the silver cable will usually reduce the amount of bass.

I want the bass to be tighten but just don't want to lose the punchiness.

pls give me some advice!!
Based on your description of the elear and what you are after i would go the silvergarde s

I have the first version of the silvergarde for my hd800 and the bass is tight and controlled and elegant. The detail overall Is fantastic.

The latest version of the silvergarde from what others have said here is a little less vibrant on the upper end as opposed to my version. Thats probably a nice tweak.

So i would lean to the silvergarde. However i have not spent a lot of time with the elear not with custom cables on that headphone. My view is just based on my experience and your description.

Feb 14, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #2,639 of 6,509
Trevor any word on when Silvergarde S is going up on website.  I am still waiting for photos of the product as well before committing.  

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back