Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
May 30, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #2,101 of 6,511

Yes I believe it is. As Therium is for IEM's.

I'm hoping that's the case. I went with the 8 wire Therium, so that I wouldn't be left with that nagging thought in the back of my head..."Maybe something like the Draug 2 would have been the way to go for the 846's?"

rolleyes.gif

May 31, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #2,102 of 6,511

Should I presume that the Silvergarde is for fullsized HP's?

Indeed just for full size HP's.

to all: 
will be working on the rest of emails right now for folks for the day,
if you feel an email was missed please PM me your order number or email addy (will do a search). 
I am hoping I take care of them all this evening and no later.

Jun 1, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #2,103 of 6,511
I have an Ether C and I love it, though I find the headphone to be a bit sibilant with some tracks.
What cable would you recommend to eliminate some of the sibilance and help bring out the bass? Looking at the Draug and the Zoetic.

Jun 1, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #2,104 of 6,511
my silvergarde s arrived today - it sounds like replacing your old guitar strings with new ones - cleaner and clearer

It's for my hd 800 (NOT Hd800s)

to understand my set up it's on a pretty neutral and natural sounding set up including the wa2 (with detailed power tubes giving strong level of detail short of being too bright) and metrum hex dac

I'll post further impressions in a few days or so but this is my first impressions and what i'm thinking i'm hearing

after listening and comparing to stock cable and listening to the Crash test dummies (God shuffled his feet album) the silvergarde s is showing a polished sound. highs still in check. the upper end is more open in clarity and is further extended in this detail and a little in presence. this may also contribute to the bottom end improvement. the bottom end appears to have picked up some detail/ tautness. i wouldn't say the bottom end is necessarily further extended on my set up, probably not, but it's a little firmer

i'm hearing multiple guitars more natural and better layered

i'm feeling the highs have extended and are more open and that has allowed everything to shine better by everything having it's own space and being less clustered (in comparison to the stock cable).

if you don't like the treble of your headphones then my initial impression is this silver cable might tip you too far over

any way that's after about 45 minutes now

i'll see if i can disprove my ideas above and also how female vocals and brighter tracks will relate with this cable - again this might prove to be a  tricky mix. good thing there is a draug 2 ordered too

but the cable has certainly opened up everything in space and detail, and more than just a little

Thanks Trevor

Jun 1, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #2,105 of 6,511
  I have an Ether C and I love it, though I find the headphone to be a bit sibilant with some tracks.
What cable would you recommend to eliminate some of the sibilance and help bring out the bass? Looking at the Draug and the Zoetic.

If you like how much bass your Ether C has, a Zoetic should be fine for you. 

If you think it could use more low end grunt, the Draug is probably better. 

Disclaimer: I don't own either of those cables. That's my take from what I've read and my experiences with copper/silver/hybrid cables. I do own the Ether C with Solv and I've compared it with DUM and stock. Also own the Ether.

Jun 1, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #2,106 of 6,511
If you like how much bass your Ether C has, a Zoetic should be fine for you. 

If you think it could use more low end grunt, the Draug is probably better. 

Disclaimer: I don't own either of those cables. That's my take from what I've read and my experiences with copper/silver/hybrid cables. I do own the Ether C with Solv and I've compared it with DUM and stock. Also own the Ether.

I have heard the Zoetic extensively with the Ether and Ether C in Meet conditions and found it to be an excellent pairing! If you go for the Zoetic ID love to read you impressions!

Jun 1, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #2,108 of 6,511
I have been a member of this forum for a while but just lurking around in the background. I felt it was time to come out of the murk and talk about my experiece with Trevor. It all started when i was looking for a shorter cable for my HD600's. Looking thru the threads on cables I came across this one and after how I saw how Trevor handled customer service, build quality of his cables and attractive cables I went for it. Now I want to say that Trevor answered all my question in a very timely mannar plus went above and beyond in issurung that I understood what I would be getting. I am a first time after market cable buyer and Trevor made sure I was comfortable in the process. I bought the cable on the build quality and good looks. So I would like to thank Trevor for a great experienc.
Rick,

Jun 1, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #2,109 of 6,511
The Draug cable is just breathtakingly beautiful, and as I've heard, pairs really well with the hd800 classic. I'd like to order one with wenge gold fill splitter and been wondering, how long is the waiting time for a 5 feet long one based on your experiences guys?

Jun 2, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #2,110 of 6,511
Hello,

I inquired about doing maintenance on my Skoll cable through the Norne website last week, and haven't heard anything at all. Hoping someone can help me out and contact me.

Thanks!

Jun 4, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #2,112 of 6,511
Ajlong, your Draug2 looks awesome. Like the black anodized choke.

Jun 4, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #2,113 of 6,511
Ajlong, your Draug2 looks awesome. Like the black anodized choke.

Thanks Jalo! I really love it. I needed the longer 9ft cable for my setup, and I'm glad I went for the black/brown color with the Makassar ebony splitter and red engraving. It all came together really well and was worth the wait IMO. I really like how light and flexible it is considering the size. I appreciate the hours of work that must have gone into creating this beast.

I am not an experienced "audiophile" so commenting on the difference in sound between this and the stock cable is difficult. My main use for this setup is PC gaming followed by streaming movies, so I am most concerned with accurate, deep and wide soundstage and positional audio. The bass does seem to be more punchy (I boost it already with Creative software EQ) and the already excellent environmental surround effects seem to be enhanced. Minute details do come out a bit more than on the stock cable. I have been playing Doom and streaming Game of Thrones the last few days with the Draug and it all just sounds fantastic!

Jun 4, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #2,114 of 6,511

Thanks Jalo! I really love it. I needed the longer 9ft cable for my setup, and I'm glad I went for the black/brown color. It all came together really well and was worth the wait IMO. I really like how light and flexible it is considering the size. I appreciate the hours of work that must have gone into creating this beast.

I am not an experienced "audiophile" so commenting on the difference in sound between this and the stock cable is difficult. My main use for this setup is PC gaming followed by streaming movies, so I am most concerned with accurate, deep and wide soundstage and positional audio. The bass does seem to be more punchy (I boost it already with Creative software EQ) and the already excellent environmental surround effects seem to be enhanced. Minute details do come out a bit more than on the stock cable. I have been playing Doom and streaming Game of Thrones the last few days with the Draug and it all just sounds fantastic!

I concur. I definitely noticed a change with the bass of my Audeze headphones with the Draug2. Nothing too dramatic, but it was a bit more defined.

Trevor does an awesome job making these cables.

I'm still waiting on three 8-foot Draug2 cables for my Sennheiser HD800, HiFiMan HE-6 and Audeze LCD-XC -- all with the Eidolic 4-pin balanced. They'll be done soon!

I do already own two 5-foot Draug2 cables for my LCD-X and LCD-XC, but I, in hindsight, really needed a longer length. I also have one 8-foot Draug2 for my LCD-3 (that I want to have altered with the rhodium Audeze connectors...). Though I'm currently powering my LCD-X with an 8-foot Solv X...

I should take photos of my Norne Audio collection and do some in-depth listening and reviews, but the summary is that there are definite benefits, the cables are gorgeous, and they are very well made. The new button pouches and microfiber cloths are the cherries on top of an already great purchase.

I'm quite excited for being able to hear my HD800 in balanced mode, and I cannot wait to get rid of this HE-6 cable. It is utter and complete Schiit. 

Jun 4, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #2,115 of 6,511

I concur. I definitely noticed a change with the bass of my Audeze headphones with the Draug2. Nothing too dramatic, but it was a bit more defined.

Trevor does an awesome job making these cables.

I'm still waiting on three 8-foot Draug2 cables for my Sennheiser HD800, HiFiMan HE-6 and Audeze LCD-XC -- all with the Eidolic 4-pin balanced. They'll be done soon!

I do already own two 5-foot Draug2 cables for my LCD-X and LCD-XC, but I, in hindsight, really needed a longer length. I also have one 8-foot Draug2 for my LCD-3 (that I want to have altered with the rhodium Audeze connectors...). Though I'm currently powering my LCD-X with an 8-foot Solv X...

I should take photos of my Norne Audio collection and do some in-depth listening and reviews, but the summary is that there are definite benefits, the cables are gorgeous, and they are very well made. The new button pouches and microfiber cloths are the cherries on top of an already great purchase.

I'm quite excited for being able to hear my HD800 in balanced mode, and I cannot wait to get rid of this HE-6 cable. It is utter and complete Schiit. 

Nice collection of cables you got there! I'm about to order my Draug V2 for my HD800; It's gonnabe black and I think I will go with the black Neutrik balanced connector instead of the Eidolic 4 pin balanced to make it black all the way...Although I can't decide between the Gold filled Wenge splitter and the "Chrome plated splitter with black fill".

Wood vs Shiny metal, that is the question.

Are they the same size first of all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back