Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Mar 3, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #301 of 6,503
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #302 of 6,503
Quote:

Well to be honest I just want to answer the questions the best I can in email and determine what would be best suited for an individual, their tastes and their setup.  I never really read much into this, just felt it was the best route to go. Typically there will only be about three series available at any one time to avoid confusion with too many options.  But even with just three I get many questions that are best answered in email or via phone. 

Very cool aspiration to be an industrial designer!  I love the design process certainly, and there is nothing like seeing (and using) the end result in finished form. 
Quote:

I went ahead and sent you a reply via your email jr. 

Mar 3, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #303 of 6,503
Very cool aspiration to be an industrial designer!  I love the design process certainly, and there is nothing like seeing (and using) the end result in finished form.

This is exactly what interests me about the field. It's something really interesting about Head-Fi - all the Makers building new things or tweaking things to work better and seeing the results. It's also really neat seeing the threads that are a conversation between builders and would-be users.

Mar 6, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #304 of 6,503
Just want to share a few thoughts I have about Trevor and his company, Norse Audio. I have been using Norse for all of my headphone cable needs, and believe me... his products are top notch and priced at a tremendous value. I'm rather new to the after market cable realm, but have done plenty of research and I can't think of a better company to get my headphone cables from than Norse. Aesthetically, pictures just don't do these cables justice, they are simply beautiful. Sonically, I am still growing into the concept that cables somehow change the sound, but I can hear subtle changes that are definitely apparent when A/B'ing stock vs Norse. I'm still not a firm believer that cables are worth their premiums, at least sonically, but I'm glad I decided to take the ride with Trevor.

He is a heck of craftsman and all of his cables I have received thus far (2 of 3) have been done with pristine craftsmanship and don't even get my started about his customer service. He responds swiftly to emails (as long as he isn't swamped with work or life), does right by his word and if not shows his appreciation for your business by giving you something for the delay, and best of all helps you step by step through the ordering process. I was green... I mean really green when I emailed Trevor for the first time. By the time I knew it, I was writing my third paragraph to Trevor, asking him tons of questions that I was concerned about. He was very humble and answered all my questions, while also advising me through my first purchase. Can't think of another company that I have done business with thus far that has shown that type general kindness like Norse Audio.

Well I've said my peace, and will get on with the pictures. Here are a few pictures of the wonderful products I've received thus far. I will continue to buy cables from Trevor in the future. Hopefully soon I will allow myself to get all of my remaining headphones either re-cabled or buy custom cables terminated balanced. I see myself buying nothing but balanced amps in the future, so hopefully Trevor will help a brother out!

Norse Audio Skuld 4 (4x25 awg, 24-wire) Cryo Litz UP-OCC - (HE-500)

Norse Audio - Skuld 8 (8x25 awg, 24-wire) Cryo Litz UP-OCC (LCD-2.2)

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #307 of 6,503

Norse Audio Reign 4 LCD 2.2 

Recently received Reign 4 cable I have only compared to the factory LCD 2 ribbon cable.
After breaking in the LCD 2 with the factory ribbon cable for 100 hours I was disappointed with the sound performance as it felt there was a veil filtering the music. I was about to return the LCD 2.
After receiving the Reign 4 and breaking in, it was like magic, the veil was lifted and the detail and sound stage are incredible.
The Reign 4 is light and very flexible it does not kink and it feels like there is no cable attached to the headphones.
[size=14.399999618530273px]The quality and finish of the cables is superb, the cables are reasonably priced and delivered in less than 14 days. Trevor (Norse Audio) provides excellent communication and customer support.[/size]

I highly recommend Norse Audio!

Mar 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #314 of 6,503
I'm really impressed with the Reign Series Trevor has in his line up. It is so lightweight, while keeping excellent durability and high quality materials. I'm without words, and once again... subtle but pleasant improvement over the stock cable of the HD650.

Cheers guys!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back