nOrh se9 or Almarro 205a?
Jul 21, 2011 at 10:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

punkaroo

500+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I have a pair of K1000s that sound good through my vintage Marantz and my vintage Rotel...but I love my tube headphone amp, and I think I'd like my K1000s even more with one!

I've done a ton of reading on both the nOrh se9 and the Almarro 205a mkII...I just can't decide on which one to buy. The Almarro is more expensive...and considering I haven't even heard either one, which one do I get?

I'd appreciate if you folks who've heard both can chime in. If the nOrh is awesome sauce, and I don't "need" whatever the Almarro can provide, then I'm done. I like it's price point too.

Thanks all!

Jul 21, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #2 of 4
I owned a nOrh SE-9 for about two years and I thought that it did a nice job driving the K1000.  At $400 shipped it's a really incredible value, and a lot of folks really like the E34 tube sound.  I can't recommend it highly enough, though it sure would be nice if it had a single ended headphone jack on the front.  Oh well....

I've not heard the other amp, so I can't comment on it...sorry.

Jul 22, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #3 of 4
elrod, did you order your amp directly from nOrh? Their ordering page looks a little sketchy...LOL

Jul 23, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #4 of 4
I did...and it arrived impecably packaged.  I could have beat on this thing with an aluminum bat and not harmed what was inside.  No concerns there...well, as of 2005 or so anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back