NorCal Regional, August 25th
Aug 25, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #331 of 347
Well,.. just got back from the Studio in SF. A bunch of calls, next day air to Paul Stubblebine Mastering in SF and a last minute drive secured the master tape that I had at Headfest. Hopefully you guys will let the folks from Bay Area Audiophile Society in to check it out 'cause I promised to blow their minds!
See you in about 14 hours

Aug 25, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #332 of 347
Wow, dedication. And here I am whining about packing up all my crap before I sleep tonight and hauling it 30 minutes south ;p

Aug 25, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #333 of 347
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironbut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well,.. just got back from the Studio in SF. A bunch of calls, next day air to Paul Stubblebine Mastering in SF and a last minute drive secured the master tape that I had at Headfest. Hopefully you guys will let the folks from Bay Area Audiophile Society in to check it out 'cause I promised to blow their minds!
See you in about 14 hours

U da man !! ironbut... See you there....

Cheers,

Aug 25, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #334 of 347
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check the hotfix for vista. It is in beta, but it works, I am using it on my E-MU 1616 atm.

nm. dunno about the hotfix or anything, but i just force installed the xp drivers onto the laptop and it works! budget-fi will be there tomorrow!

Aug 25, 2007 at 3:53 AM Post #335 of 347
a pretty white envelope was resting on my door when i came home! and what a surprise! 3 cheers for Dr. Xin! hurray! hurray! hurray!

you can add THREE Xin amps to the list

Supermicro IV
Super mini IV
Reference

eek.gif

they are all quite beautiful. the micro is clear blue with sharp corners and the reference is jet black. opening up the back is funny, the cap is huge!

Asr, is there space for a little Xin corner? I could leave my imod or ipod/turbodock there to be used as a source.

the reference doesn't have the 1/4 " ouputs, but its a reference! and beggars can't be choosers (we are definitely beggars
biggrin.gif
) I'll try to leave my grado 1/4" -->1/8" adaptor there next to them all, but if someone has a higher quality adaptor they can bring, it might be nice for recabled cans.

im coming from san francisco, so i probably wont be there till 10 or 11....

Aug 25, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #337 of 347
If anyone has interest in buying a PS Audio GCHA at the meet, speak now (pm me). I am willing to let it go for 650 if I get to avoid shipping and stuff like that, but I do not want to bring it unless I am letting go of it since its heavy as all hell.

Aug 25, 2007 at 4:47 AM Post #338 of 347
[size=small]Finished Packing:[/size]

[size=small]Headphones:[/size]
[size=small]Grado GS-1000, - Check[/size]
[size=small]Sennheiser HD-650 - standard cable, - Check[/size]
[size=small]STAX SR-007 Omega II, - Check, double Check[/size]
[size=small]STAX SR-404, - Check[/size]
[size=small]Audio-Technica ATH-W5000 - Check[/size]
[size=small]Added - ETY - ER-4S - Will make the ride easier in the car[/size]

[size=small]Power: [/size]
[size=small]Grado RA1, - Check[/size]
[size=small]McCormack Micro Headphone Drive, - Check[/size]
[size=small]ASL MG MkIII, - Check[/size]
[size=small]STAX SRM-006t - Check[/size]

[size=small]Source:[/size]
[size=small]Cryo'ed Oppo 970HD player - Check[/size]
[size=small]another player (Denon) if needed - Check, I added Denon 2200 Underwood Mod[/size]
[size=small]Zen Vision M:30 - Check[/size]

[size=small]Various Audioquest cables[/size]
[size=small]SKY 72db - Check[/size]
[size=small]Cheetas 36db - Check[/size]
[size=small]Anaconda - Check[/size]

[size=small]Power - Panamax 1000 - Check, yep the old one[/size]

[size=small]That should take care of it. Good to go in the morning. cya soon..[/size]

[size=small]Cheers,[/size]

[size=small]Edit - oops, and 10 hoffman dvd's to share......[/size]

Aug 25, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #339 of 347
Joining the club:

Stello DA100 - check
USB Cable, Power Cable - check
Proline 2500 - check
Darkvoice 332 tubes - check
Some CDs for me - check
Edition 9 + Vibez + iBasso T2 to make me happy on the road -
ready to go and check.

Head and ears on the shoulders - going to have to check before I leave tomorrow.

Aug 25, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #342 of 347
I'm coming from Davis, my God, I have to be at the train station at 6:30! ... although its farther for Iron Dreamer.

Aug 25, 2007 at 7:34 AM Post #343 of 347
some bad news- It looks like I won't have my desktop and X-fi setup as planned, my parts didn't come in time. I still will have a lappy that I'll just pair with Malos's Stello instead. Sorry about that :/.

Anyways, I'm really excited to hear all of this tomorrow!

Dec 26, 2007 at 1:06 AM Post #345 of 347
Did this meet actually end up happening? Because I don't see any follow-ups to how great it was. Maybe this was around the time of the outage.

I missed a meet someone was setting up in... uhh, somewhere north of Fremont, can't remember what city, but the outage killed that meet. Defenitely interested in another meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back