Noob seeking advice
Aug 21, 2012 at 2:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

allanes5

New Head-Fier
I´ve been reading quite alot to the point I´m confused about which headphones to buy.

My interest in music is very big and love to hear the best possible sound I can find.

I´m interested in neutral or a little bassy sound.

Music I listen to is dance, lounge, chill, classic rock and reggae.

Price range under $400

I mostly want headphones to listen from my iPhone or iPod especially when I travel, since I have to travel alot.

I´m open to in ear, on ear and over ear, but from what I read the better sounding head phones come from on ear and over ear.  
I guess I would lean more toward on ear.
However, I really don´t like music leaking out and disturbing those around me. 

I have read great things about the V-Moda M-80 but most are saying to wait for the V-Moda M-100.
I have never heard them so don´t know what to make of them or if these could be a serious option.

I believe the members in this forum are very knowledgeable and would like serious advise and suggestions.

Thanks in advance and sorry for asking a very popular question but I have gotten to the point of confusion. 

Aug 23, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
In your price range, I'd check out the Sennheiser HD25-I II's, Sennheiser Amperiors, Beyerdynamic DT1350's, B&W P5, and the V-Moda M/V-80's.  But if you've been doing a bunch of reading, you probably already know that.  :) 

Hey thanks for your reply and suggestions.

I´ve pretty much narrowed my options between the Sennheiser HD25-1 II and the M-Voda M-80.
I also thought about the Sol Republic HDs but most reviews say they don´t come close to the M80s.

I undesrtand the HD25s have better isolation than the 80s but the 80s have more bass which I prefer.
Plus, the 80s have a mic and remote which I really want since I will be using on iPhone and iPod.

Thanks

Aug 23, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #4 of 7
Well I'm an IEM person and think they sound every bit as good as good on ears do and in your price range the Westone W4, Sony MDR-EX100, HiFiMan RE272 or the Ortofon e-Q5 would all work as they all have a pretty balanced sound but all sound different from each other.

Aug 23, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
Just to throw a wrench in the works have you considered the Aiaiai TMA-1, stunning sound, stunning looks.

Hadn´t seen those before and they sure are nice looking.  
Will look into them.

Can someone recommend a store in the Miami, Aventura area I can walk in and listen to all the following:?
M-Voda M-80
Sennheiser HD25 1-II
Sol Republic HD
Aiaiai TMA-1

I don´t live in the US but I´m planning a trip on October and would like to test listen to them to make my final decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back