noob needs help with portable amps
Aug 10, 2013 at 7:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ragnellsaria

New Head-Fier
hey guys as the tittle says im a new in the audifoworld i have been looking for a portable amp but i have so many questions and i havent been able to find the info i need so these are my questions i hope u can help me im planning getting the fiio 12 but for example my ath m50 has an input power of 1,600 mw at 1 hz and fiio e 12 has maximux out power of 880mw does that means that im just giving them the half power ???? if i use the fiio 12 with some akg 550 that has an maximum input power of 200 mw does that means im going to blow them up ??? and my last question technically the fiio e 12 works with 16-300 ohms headphones my ath m 50 with 38 ohms could be affected by those 300 ohms or the fiio regulate the impedance by itself .......... i really appreciated if u could answer me

Aug 10, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #2 of 3
Your not going to have problems (blowing them up) with using the Fiio E12 to drive the ATH-M50s or K550s.
You are the one controlling the volume knob, not the E12.
My Fiio E11 ($60) can drive headphones up to 600-Ohms, so your more powerful E12 should have no problem with the 38-Ohm ATH-M50s.
Even my $27 Fiio E6 could easily drive the ATH-M50s

I would think for the price your willing to pay for the Fiio E12, your cash would be better spent upgrading from the ATH-M50s

Aug 10, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #3 of 3
hey guys as the tittle says im a new in the audifoworld i have been looking for a portable amp but i have so many questions and i havent been able to find the info i need so these are my questions i hope u can help me im planning getting the fiio 12 but for example my ath m50 has an input power of 1,600 mw at 1 hz and fiio e 12 has maximux out power of 880mw does that means that im just giving them the half power ???? if i use the fiio 12 with some akg 550 that has an maximum input power of 200 mw does that means im going to blow them up ???
and my last question technically the fiio e 12 works with 16-300 ohms headphones my ath m 50 with 38 ohms could be affected by those 300 ohms or the fiio regulate the impedance by itself .......... i really appreciated if u could answer me

Yeah, I would spend that money getting a better HP than the m50, m50's were my introduction into headphones too, and looking back I regret it, it really isn't that great. Your also not gonna get much return from amping m50s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back