Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
May 27, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #2,041 of 6,432

Quote:

Only once every 20 minutes? Mine crashed every 5 minutes (I wish this were exaggeration). However, the new layout is more than satisfactory, IMHO. 
OT: My coworker responded humorously after a quick session with my headphones: "You're still crazy for spending this much on headphones." 

i don't understand why it is crashing so much on you guys. i have had it since beta and i never shut it down. it hasn't crashed once. worst thing that happens is not responding for a few minutes. even that is rare.

May 27, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #2,042 of 6,432
NOOO!...It has happened I saw a friend of a friends with some skullcandy's(the hesh i think)and he says they look better than the HD 518.
The world is coming to an end
frown.gif

And regarding the browser wars:I'm happy to inform you that over 60% uses FF in my class
beerchug.gif

on the other hand I installed chrome on my dads PC and says hell be using chrome from now on,says its muccch faster!
Dam you dad,I will let you see the light!

May 27, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #2,043 of 6,432
NOOO!...It has happened I saw a friend of a friends with some skullcandy's(the hesh i think)and he says they look better than the HD 518.
The world is coming to an end
frown.gif

And regarding the browser wars:I'm happy to inform you that over 60% uses FF in my class
beerchug.gif

on the other hand I installed chrome on my dads PC and says hell be using chrome from now on,says its muccch faster!
Dam you dad,I will let you see the light!

He goes for looks, and they probably DO look better than the 518, but that's saying nothing for the sound.

Also, see the light? FF 4 is debateably a lemon. Could very well be that Chrome IS faster.

May 27, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #2,044 of 6,432
this-

versus this?-

Only uncivilized ruffians think skullcandys look better.
wink_face.gif

May 27, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #2,045 of 6,432
this-

versus this?-

wink_face.gif

Really? You picked THOSE Heshes? I'm not a Skullcandy fan my any means but you picked one of the ugliest ones. Lol

EDIT: I'd still have the Senns, but most 'hip' kids would go for the heshes.

May 27, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #2,046 of 6,432
The skullcandy's are for people looking to achieve style but fail miserably. The Senns are for people not concerned about style and fail miserably. I don't know which one is worse from a styling perspective.

May 27, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #2,047 of 6,432
Quote:
Really? You picked THOSE Heshes? I'm not a Skullcandy fan my any means but you picked one of the ugliest ones. Lol

Hmm, you're right, they are pretty(as in VERY) ugly, but I insist it was a fair comparison.
wink_face.gif

May 27, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #2,048 of 6,432
One thing i'm sick of is non-headfiers balking at the expense of our headphones. Especially the apple 'i' crowd. Hate these lot. For example, people who have no reservations about spending...

£400 on an Iphone contract, but find it too slow to use the 'smart' functions properly, so spend another £200 to upgrade to the faster Iphone 2.
£1000 on a mac, when a much cheaper dell rips the crap out of it in memory, speed, power, build, features, gaming, software, flexibility...
£300 for the ipad tablet which they deep down find fully useless, but buy the newer ipad 2, still also useless.
And not to forget, the £200 extra in cases, internet costs, and in useless apps. Adds up to about £2k.

... and yet think it's insane to spend £200 for a stunning pair of headphones, that I will use/be entertained with for around 30% OF THE ENTIRE YEAR.

I hate this apple 'i' revolution far far more than anything bose/beats have done.

May 27, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #2,049 of 6,432

Quote:
Quote:
this-

versus this?-

wink_face.gif

Bear in mind that's not even a skullcandy Hesh model. That one is called G.I for some reason :)

I personally don't think the skullcandys or the HD518 looks good outside, and both are like 100% plastic. None of these comments has any bearing on the sound though, in which the HD518 is far superior.

May 27, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #2,050 of 6,432
Bear in mind that's not even a skullcandy Hesh model. That one is called G.I for some reason :)

I personally don't think the skullcandys or the HD518 looks good outside, and both are like 100% plastic. None of these comments has any bearing on the sound though, in which the HD518 is far superior.

I actually just noticed that...a friend of mine owns the all black Heshes and I remembered them being more round. Whatever. Your point still stands true. Neither is particularly good looking, but the Senn's sound is better.

May 27, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #2,051 of 6,432
Skullcandies look like something made for children.
I honestly can not see how anyone could consider any of their models to be stylish.
I would not want to be caught dead wearing one, even if their sound was vastly superior to other headphones.
I don't particularly care about the visuals of headphones, but I have to draw the line somewhere.

May 28, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #2,054 of 6,432
Quote:
WHOA THOSE EXACLY in those colors!
blink.gif

Its like you were all there!

Wait, there's actually someone who would wear those in public?!  Hmm...well, you're friend's friend certainly has unique tastes.

May 28, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #2,055 of 6,432
Just floored one of my friends with the SM3 today and made a good impression on 2 of the others.

The one that got floored... well, might be coaxing him to get a pair of Vsonic GR07 as the SM3s are too steep in price for him =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back