nokia 5800 xpressmusic sound quality
Jun 9, 2009 at 7:43 AM Post #46 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my 5800 early June and sold my S639F. Hope that say something bout 5800 SQ LOL

The cons i found on 5800:
1. Low power output. Maximum volume cant even make me go deaf.

2. No folder browsing mode on default music player.

3. Music library corrupted couples of times and cause some music files missing. Suspect caused by slow class2 microsd provided by Nokia.

4. No senseme
frown.gif
only available on some Walkman, spoiled by Sony. But even X1000 series doesnt have it, so cant complaint much.

how about the firmware?
have your phone FW21
just check *#0000#
if that still FW10, 11, or 20. update with Nokia software updater
many bug will fixed

Jun 9, 2009 at 8:52 AM Post #47 of 154
Are you open to other options? My phone is a Motorola ROKR E8 and I must say, it's got better sound quality than my iPod's. It has 2 GB internal storage, plus room for an 8 GB MicroSD card. The intuitive interface is also great, as well as its small form factor and cheaper price.

Check out the RMAA graph of the E8, and the reviewers are really impressed by its performance. Give it a try.

Jun 9, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #50 of 154
Stereo widening already been off, same goes with other enhancements. Microsd provided by Nokia also made in Japan but still crap. Class2 too slow for any high bandwidth operation (music library startup, watching high bitrate movies, etc)

Jun 9, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #51 of 154
hey guys, really interested in this thread about mobile phone music.

Have you guys heard of this really really great advanced music phone from Samsung ?

the Samsung m7600 Beat Dj
frankly speaking, the DJ thing is gimmicky.
the main thing i am looking at is its sound quality, and advanced music functions.
and it seems that this phone has it all
Bang & Olufsen ICEPower Amplifier inbuilt and has advanced music function such as changing of tempo, the pitch of the song, also able to add in your own effects, like bass drum sound after you tap the screen at will.

Personally, i have not heard much about B&O audio, but after some extensive research, it seems that B&O audio is really is really top notch. more over, this phone has advanced music function which can manipulate your music.

so.. Does anyone has a samsung m7600 Beat DJ here and don't mind doing a mini comparison with the both ??
Its quite a recent phone.
It's also got codec support for DivX and XviD

Note: Please ignore the scratching function of this phone, as in a "DJ" perspective, it really is "fake" as it cant play 2 tracks at the same time, which is supposely what DJ are suppose to do. so please look at this phone as an advanced music phone, and not as a DJ phone.

Links:Mobile-review.com Review of GSM/UMTS-handset Samsung Beat DJ (M7600)
YouTube - Samsung DJ Software
YouTube - Samsung BEAT(M7600,M6710) MWC 2009 video

Jun 9, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #52 of 154
overall quite like my 5800 sound quality, bass is very good though i don't get any distortion with HD25-1 or HD595 at full whack. sounds very detailed too, but i will say to me the sound is very wide & electronic like in a car stereo, if that makes any sense (yeah i have eq & widening off), but i'm really liking this sound actually. i do think it compares better to my W890i (which i think was designed for use with earphones, the 5800 sounds better with big cans).

oh yes, you don't need an amp with big cans like you would do with an EU ipod.

edit: ambient music sounds great on this too

Jun 10, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #53 of 154
Jun 12, 2009 at 12:00 PM Post #56 of 154
I am now in similar position, deciding whether to go with some better sounding phone or buy mp3 player...

I have very bad experience with HTC Touch Diamond. The windows on phone is nightmare. The sound reproduction is very bad, so I had returned to my Ipod nano 1gen. The problem with nano is, that the battery is dead and i have to recharge it every day. Also display is not bad after those years of using it, and sometimes it freezes while playing songs.

So now I have finished my contract for my phone and can maybe sign a new one. I am deciding between Nokia 5800, Nokia N97, IPhone 3GS, or maybe something else, or buying dedicated mp3 player instead and get a small phone.

Can you maybe give me some advice which phone to choose, or whether to go with mp3 player? Thanks!

Jun 12, 2009 at 1:57 PM Post #57 of 154
Anyone here has the opportunity to listen to both 5800 and the new E75? My experience with the 5800 are limited. They do sound great with my IE 8, but because I am unfamiliar with the tracks on them I can't comment anymore other than that. Nokia is sending me a E75 review unit, which is based on the hardware of another XpressMusic model. I am hopeful that the SQ on this will be as good as the 5800.

Jun 14, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #58 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamerphile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmmm.. I work with these kind of handsets every day and in my general experience its Sony-Ericssons line of music handsets that have been keeping the top seat.

Yes, I can confirm that. All Sony products have very good and powerful bass sound, yet clear treble... Especially if you use in-ear headphones....

Jun 14, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #59 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my 5800 early June and sold my S639F. Hope that say something bout 5800 SQ LOL

Hi there Toughnut, that really does say something
icon10.gif

So did you really preferred the SQ over the S639F. Am very curious and this is very interesting! A brief comment as to why would be welcomed as well. Cheers

Regards

Jun 15, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #60 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by HONEYBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi there Toughnut, that really does say something
icon10.gif

So did you really preferred the SQ over the S639F. Am very curious and this is very interesting! A brief comment as to why would be welcomed as well. Cheers

Regards

Summary
S630F: Smaller soundstage, quite raw/energetic sound due to boosted treble, mid quite forward, bass sound less full
5800XM: Bigger soundstage and fuller bass. Treble more mellow while mid not that forward. Background hiss less than S630F (not really noticeable on S630F unless u max'ed the volume)

This only applied for CK100. I prefer CK100 on 5800 but for my other IEM/headphone, S630F is better. More bout synergy than SQ. Others sound dull on 5800.

P.S: 5800 music player is very crappy, functionality wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back