noise isolating headphones comparison and advise
Dec 25, 2013 at 7:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

penelope94

New Head-Fier
Hello, im searching for headphones for a really long time now and i thought i should ask for your advise.I need noise isolating headphones since i work in a room with other people usually talking. I listen most to classical music and some ambient so i need somehow good sound quality too. And finally the price has to  be uner 100$ :/. So i need something
1.noise isolating
2.good sound quality
3.price under 100$

Offcourse as good as it gets with under 100$. I know it cant be completely noise isolating and the best quality but i need your lights for what is best for this price.

After some research i came down to these models

Audio-Technica ΑΤH-M35

Sennheiser HD-280 PRO

MDR-XD300 SONY

I dont have the knowledge and experience in order to decide so it would be of great help if you know :)

Thank you very much

Dec 25, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #5 of 10
lol the logitech ue6000 has gotten stellar reviews (at regular websites & picky audiophile websites) when it was released at the $200 price point. getting them sub-$100 is a steal. they are foldable, portable, closed headphones w/ active noise cancelling feature, detachable mic/buttons-on-cable, and carrying case. this is the best thing you can get currently at sub-$100. just thought you should know.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-good-logitec-ue6000-and-ue9000

Dec 25, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #7 of 10
  well youre right then :) but what about the noise the noice cancelling makes?

normally i wouldn't recommend noise cancelling headphones as you are right that noise-cancelling can degrade the sound quality. however, you can turn off the noise cancelling on the ue6000s and still use em. their sound quality without noise cancelling is excellent (esp for the current price). i've heard em before & they were solid. from what I remember, the noise cancelling boosted the bass i think. the reviews of the ue6000s generally highly praise their passive sound & say the NC sound is decent. i think it's cool how they have it as an extra feature. you don't need to use it if you don't want.

edit: your budget can't afford high-end noise cancelling headphones anyways lol. they generally run at $300 price point or more.

Dec 25, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #9 of 10
  Thats right :p do you know any trustworthy seller? I need someone to ship to Greece :/ otherwise i cant get them :/

they are on amazon. bestbuy would do a price match. tigerdirect is where the cheapest ue6000 are i think. they have some sort of rebate thing for em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back