Noble Kaiser Encore (Custom and Universal) impressions thread
Mar 4, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #16 of 25
Hello guys,
I now have a pair of these wonderful earphones, stunning, love them. Universal.
However I'm in a quandary about tips. I have been using Comply T500 but I feel as if I may losing a bit of treble detail and sparkle compared to silicon tips. I've read this about foam tips so it's possible it could be psychological. ??
The supplied tips don't suit me, tried some others but the ones I find a good fit, RHA Dual density and Spunfit CP100 are not as open to the ports. They fire, unhindered, but into a small chamber created by the tip before finaly exiting into the ear canal.

In your experience how is this likely to effect the sound? ........ I'm new to these Encore and as I said these are the only silicon tips to date that fit my ear so it's hard to tell if this is having a negative effect?

I would rather the ports fire directly into my canal of course.

Try Spiral Dots.

I had the same situation as you and tired many tips that usually work for me but Spiral Dots work brilliantly as they do not close over the sound bores.

PS I usually use large tips but for the K10 encores I use ML and they fit perfectly.

Mar 4, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #17 of 25
Try Spiral Dots.

I had the same situation as you and tired many tips that usually work for me but Spiral Dots work brilliantly as they do not close over the sound bores.

PS I usually use large tips but for the K10 encores I use ML and they fit perfectly.

Hi, thank you for the reply.
I've just done a Google search for JVC Spiral dots, it looks like I'm going to have to import them from Japan to try.
I can't find anyone here in the UK that stocks them. Measuring the Spin fits I have it looks like I'm going to be needing medium or medium large, possibly large.
You don't know of anyone here in the UK with stock of these sizes by any chance?
Or even in the EU?

Cheers!

Mar 5, 2018 at 3:28 AM Post #18 of 25
Hi, thank you for the reply.
I've just done a Google search for JVC Spiral dots, it looks like I'm going to have to import them from Japan to try.
I can't find anyone here in the UK that stocks them. Measuring the Spin fits I have it looks like I'm going to be needing medium or medium large, possibly large.
You don't know of anyone here in the UK with stock of these sizes by any chance?
Or even in the EU?

Cheers!

Got mine off ebay "japanet store"

Mar 19, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #19 of 25
Hey guys,
Don' think there's much movement in this thread but thought I'd post anyway.

Bought a Thor Silver cable for my Encore.
I never thought I'd be saying this. .... It's too bright!
I really thought it was buncum, rubbish, marketing hype, etc etc. ...... But have to take it all back, I can hear a difference, a very noticeable difference. In my case negative so you know I'm not wearing rose coloured specs, new cable syndrome or the like.

This cable has accentuated the highs, so much so it's uncomfortable to listen to for any length of time.
There was some impact on the low frequencies also, actually the bass was more detail, and slightly more punchy. But the accentuated treble took away from that. For treble heads with this IEM, GO FOR IT!
I've spoken nicely to Effect Audio and they will take it back in exchange for the Leonidas cable which is supposed to suit the Encore IEM.
More expensive but now I know for sure that cables do change the sound signature, and in this case drastically, I'm willing to shell out some hard eaned!

Happy Encoring!

Mar 19, 2018 at 9:50 PM Post #20 of 25
Has anyone tried to use third party tips with the Encore?
I have some silicon Star Tips I could try but the channel seems much smaller than the one on the stock tips...

Sony Hybrid Tips seem to work best for me? Though the Hybrids work better on any IEM for me. Just a suggestion.

The reviews here at Head-Fi do a pretty accurate job of describing the IEM. Each slightly different but each spot on.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #21 of 25
Try Spiral Dots.

Hi,
My spiral dots arrived. Sorry to say no good for me. So I have some M and ML if you want.

I have found some tips that are perfect for me. They're taking a bit of getting used to but boy do they seal well, for me anyhow.

https://soundspares.com/products/se...-tips-double-mould-5-pairs-large-black-525730

They really are going to take some getting used to but I'll persevere. I couldn't stand triple flange for long at first but after about a week I got so used to them I could wear them for hours.

They fit the Encore beautifully, as if they were made for them, and are wide open for the sound ports. Small are no good for me, large a fraction tight. That's the only choice, small or large, can' t find a medium anywhere.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #23 of 25
Im still rockin encores

Jul 12, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #24 of 25
hey guys how does the campfire atlas compare to the kaiser encores? or the k10 or katana?

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #25 of 25
hey guys how does the campfire atlas compare to the kaiser encores? or the k10 or katana?
Did a short quick listen to the Atlas yesterday, and while it was no definitive listen test. Also I was not using my normal DAPs; the 1Z or 1A.

I was simply running them straight out of an iPod Touch 6th generation. Also I was really not in the market for an IEM at that price level, which can change expectation bias psychologically. IMHO

In comparison to the Encore?

I would say the Atlas was more forward, more direct, more in your face, dynamic. Like a drunk person who is loud and walks up to you at a party. Kind of fun and quick and loud with slight aggressiveness. I say these things as complements. Lol

Where the Encore is more refined and polite, the soundstage is more projected around. The Atlas build and fit is insane. Insane in a good way! It’s amazing how powerful they are to the size. They are also more warm than the Encore and have more bass and thicker bass.

The one really cool thing the Atlas did was have this distinct bass imaging in the lower midrange and upper bass frequencies. I could see how this detail could end up being enchanting with some genres. I don’t ever look at the Atlas thread here, but I could imagine there is a lot of talk about the lower midrange definition?

I was at the time in the market yesterday for a $500-$600 IEM and purposely went to demo the IT04........and didn’t like it at all.

But the Atlas is ballsey and fun. I didn’t spend that much time with it, nor tried a bunch of music sub-genres. So take my opinion with a grain of salt.

The Katana is even more reference than the Encore so... you could imagine it’s even farther from the V signature stance of the Atlas.

So it’s not really a thing where you can compare them as better or worse or good or bad. This whole thing is more about having a tailor make cloths that fit for you. You simply try to make stuff fit your style. I really liked the Atlas...... but I like IEMs. Would I trade my Encore for them? No!

Cheers.

It’s almost like the Atlas is more electronic and the Encore is more acoustic?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back