Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 15, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #92 of 36,116

Dang. Thanks for the reply.

So now I have to decide if I should go for the 5C or spring for the 8C...

Project86, have you heard the 5.0 to compare to the 8C?

Sorry, no experience with the 5.0 at all. If I recall correctly, the 5.0 was originally made as a sort of universal stand-in for the 8.A, which would be very difficult to fit. The sig was supposedly along the same lines as the 8.A though I don't know if we got a lot of people owning both to post their comparisons. Sorry I know that's not so helpful.

Oct 15, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #93 of 36,116
Project86, you claim 8A is your favorite iem. Have you heard of the H200 (which costs ~1/4 of the 8A)? I have seen a lot of people sell their 8A for the H200 because apparently it sounds substantially better than it and it is also substantially cheaper. What are your thoughts?

Oct 15, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #94 of 36,116
Actually, he's always preferred the JH13fp to the 8a and now likes the Noble 8c a bit more than either. I'd be interested in lot of people who did that swap since the H200 has been getting mostly good for price but some mixed reviews as well. I haven't heard either so no opinion on their sound. I do know that nothing is for everyone and that some folks have issues with customs and wish they didn't try them. Fit, cable connections from stress and trying things with larger pins, etc.

Oct 15, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #95 of 36,116
  Project86, you claim 8A is your favorite iem. Have you heard of the H200 (which costs ~1/4 of the 8A)? I have seen a lot of people sell their 8A for the H200 because apparently it sounds substantially better than it and it is also substantially cheaper. What are your thoughts?

Actually the Noble 8C is my current favorite. Could that change tomorrow? Sure. Never heard the H200 or anything else from that brand. If someone prefers it to their more expensive CIEM, that's great for them. Personally I do a lot better with real custom molded designs - even the best fitting universals are substantially less comfortable to my ears. I do appreciate the fact that some people have trouble with CIEMs though, so I'm glad that Noble will be offering both types.

Actually he's always preferred the JH13fp to the 8a and now likes the Noble 8c a bit more than either. I'd be interested in lot of people who did that swap since the H200 has been getting mostly good for price but some mixed reviews. I haven't heard either so no opinion on their sound.

Yep, I liked the ES5, JH13FP, and Heir 6.A LE the most. All for different reasons. Heir 8.A was just a small step behind, since it wasn't quite as "universal" as those models. But now the Noble 8C is the one I reach for first, regardless of genre. Again, it could change tomorrow, and I certainly still love the ES5, JH13FP, and Heir 6.A LE. 

Oct 15, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #96 of 36,116
I'm spoiled as well and find my customs a lot more comfortable than any tips I try. Think the Grado/Ortofon the most comfortable of the universal tips. 

Yup as to what's best at a given time. I'm sure a few of these are close enough that cable matching etc can sway it and as I said earlier. If something is genuinely very good, nothing that comes after makes it less so.

It's nice that Noble has an upgrade cable as stock and it doesn't hurt that there is the make it gorgious option.

Oct 15, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #97 of 36,116
  I'm spoiled as well and find my customs a lot more comfortable than any tips I try. Think the Grado/Ortofon the most comfortable of the universal tips. 

Yup as to what's best at a given time. I'm sure a few of these are close enough that cable matching etc can sway it and as I said earlier. If something is genuinely very good, nothing that comes after makes it less so.

It's nice that Noble has an upgrade cable as stock and it doesn't hurt that there is the make it gorgious option.

The supreme comfort is why I vastly prefer ciems to any other type of headphones. I wear mine for 6-8 hours a day, so I really need something that just "disappears" - only customs do that for me. 

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #98 of 36,116
Sorry, no experience with the 5.0 at all. If I recall correctly, the 5.0 was originally made as a sort of universal stand-in for the 8.A, which would be very difficult to fit. The sig was supposedly along the same lines as the 8.A though I don't know if we got a lot of people owning both to post their comparisons. Sorry I know that's not so helpful.

Having both 5.0 and 8.A I can tell you that, to me, there is a difference. Both sound good. To my ears the 5.0 has clearer separation and a more mid forward sound. 8.A has a more ... complete sound, richer. The lows are deffinitely lower for the 8.a and the highs are crispier. Both sound better balanced - don't hit me - they just do to my ears. You can't go wrong with any of them - they sound similar as general direction. It's iem vs ciem, price cs price and clear versus rich ( and clear :) ).

Hope it helps a bit - I am just trying to say it how I hear it. I am not much of a reviewer, in case you hadn't noticed :wink:

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #99 of 36,116
Having both 5.0 and 8.A I can tell you that, to me, there is a difference. Both sound good. To my ears the 5.0 has clearer separation and a more mid forward sound. 8.A has a more ... complete sound, richer. The lows are deffinitely lower for the 8.a and the highs are crispier. Both sound better balanced - don't hit me - they just do to my ears. You can't go wrong with any of them - they sound similar as general direction. It's iem vs ciem, price cs price and clear versus rich ( and clear :) ).

Hope it helps a bit - I am just trying to say it how I hear it. I am not much of a reviewer, in case you hadn't noticed :wink:

I think u did a fine job

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Oct 16, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #100 of 36,116
  The supreme comfort is why I vastly prefer ciems to any other type of headphones. I wear mine for 6-8 hours a day, so I really need something that just "disappears" - only customs do that for me. 

+1, my reason exactly. I could never ever get a proper fit and seal with universals so forget about the sound and the comfort. Now I entered into a ciem world, geez guys I will never go back universals or full sized headphones. Ciems are all I need
wink.gif
Such comfort, such isolation. No problem at all (considering the ciem is crafted by talented people)

@project86, I wish you had SE5way reference, would like to hear your comparison against other TOTL ciems you have like Noble 8C, JH 13FP and all. Your reviews and impressions are always and always so valuable and informative mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back