Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 6, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #35,806 of 36,116
Hey guys, I just added the Spartacus to my collection. I’m burning in the cable before I fully comment on the Spartacus, but my initial sense is this 6 driver set sounds really good. 👍

One other thing, the included cable with exchangeable connectors is a really nice build, and at a $250 listed price on Noble’s website, a bargain for what you get. More to come …

IMG_0118.jpeg

Jan 6, 2024 at 7:03 PM Post #35,807 of 36,116
A quick listen and it didn't take me long to come to the conclusion that they are easily the best sounding tws I've heard so far.

What I like:
Natural yet energetic vocals and mid range
Strong sub bass emphasis
Good amount of air and treble extension
Soundstage good width and depth
They are gorgeous but read below for what I don't like...wrt the build

What I don't like:
These things are slippery as heck given the lacquer finish. I struggle every time I try to get them outta the case due to the finish
The top of the case and hinge scrapes the bottom of the case and feels flimsy and cheap despite the luxurious wood and lacquer finish.
You need the USB C adapter to charge the case since it's so recessed you need that extra long adapter to get it plugged.

Other than that, those are my initial thoughts. More to come as I give them time to burn in.
20231229_173100.jpg
20231229_173115.jpg
This case and especially the incredibly recessed port are insanely bad for the price, but the actual earphones are amazing. I'm about to return the ifi go pod I just got because theres no point compromising comfort and convenience when I can also get this kind of sound out of a TWS. And it actually has a halfway usable app which is nice after all the terrible Chinese clone apps we usually have to deal with.

One suggestion I have in regards to the app is to lower the voice prompts or allow us to change the volume / mute then entirely.

Jan 6, 2024 at 8:07 PM Post #35,808 of 36,116
This case and especially the incredibly recessed port are insanely bad for the price, but the actual earphones are amazing. I'm about to return the ifi go pod I just got because theres no point compromising comfort and convenience when I can also get this kind of sound out of a TWS. And it actually has a halfway usable app which is nice after all the terrible Chinese clone apps we usually have to deal with.

One suggestion I have in regards to the app is to lower the voice prompts or allow us to change the volume / mute then entirely.
I'm sure John and Jim will take constructive criticism for future or existing products. I have a few suggestions of my own in addition to the current gripes I have with the Prestige.

1.) Please make the hinge more solid. A point of reference is the Sennheiser MTW3 hinge. Its one of the greatest and solid feeling hinges on a TWS product that I've held. Sony and Technics and many other brands fail at getting one of the most overlooked but critical aspects of the feeling of opening your charging case.

2.) Please, if the chipset allows it, implement multi-point, for the premium, this would add to the total package and you will most definitely widen your customer base.

3.) Improve ambient mode. It's pretty much useless in its current state. I still have a hard time hearing things around me including voices to make it a useful feature.

Jan 6, 2024 at 8:21 PM Post #35,809 of 36,116
I'm sure John and Jim will take constructive criticism for future or existing products. I have a few suggestions of my own in addition to the current gripes I have with the Prestige.

1.) Please make the hinge more solid. A point of reference is the Sennheiser MTW3 hinge. Its one of the greatest and solid feeling hinges on a TWS product that I've held. Sony and Technics and many other brands fail at getting one of the most overlooked but critical aspects of the feeling of opening your charging case.

2.) Please, if the chipset allows it, implement multi-point, for the premium, this would add to the total package and you will most definitely widen your customer base.

3.) Improve ambient mode. It's pretty much useless in its current state. I still have a hard time hearing things around me including voices to make it a useful feature.
Sennheiser is owned by Sonova, who is one of the largest prescription hearing aid manufactures in the world. The charging case for their H.A.s snap solidly shut. They have to make tolerances and hardware as bullet proof as can be......some of their H.A.s sell regularly for $7k+ and are used 15 hrs/7/365... they know a thing or 2 about getting the best sound from small platforms.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2024 at 2:22 AM Post #35,813 of 36,116
Announcement: new Noble Audio wireless IEM's announced via Instagram and Twitter X!

Noble Audio Falcon Max TWS (10mm dynamic driver + xMEMS driver)

From Instagram:
Our first hybird TWS featuring 10mm dynamic and xMEMS driver.
xMEMS utilizes a unique monolithic transduction architecture in silicon, ensuring the
fastest and most precise microspeakers. This technology eliminates spring and
suspension recovery, resulting in better sound clarity, accurate time-domain music
reproduction, and an elevated sense of space.

20240113_071054.jpg

Instagram Screenshot:
Screenshot_20240113_071941_Instagram.png

Twitter screenshot:
Screenshot_20240113_071104_X.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2024 at 2:44 AM Post #35,814 of 36,116
Last edited:
Jan 13, 2024 at 3:28 AM Post #35,815 of 36,116
Announcement: new Noble Audio wireless IEM's announced via Instagram and Twitter X!

Noble Audio Falcon Max TWS (10mm dynamic driver + xMEMS driver)

From Instagram:

20240113_071054.jpg

Instagram Screenshot:
Screenshot_20240113_071941_Instagram.png

Twitter screenshot:
Screenshot_20240113_071104_X.jpg
It's been revealed for a few weeks at some audio festival in Japan. I'm skeptical about its housing design. I hope its sound quality can beat the cheap appearance.

Jan 13, 2024 at 3:53 AM Post #35,816 of 36,116
It's been revealed for a few weeks at some audio festival in Japan. I'm skeptical about its housing design. I hope its sound quality can beat the cheap appearance.

Yep, I realised after and made the following post soon after too:
Nevermind, my above post is not new here; sorry ha ha 😅

I think the housing looks more shapely for a better fit in the ear and canal, but unsure if the outer edges will be secure in the concha.
Even so, waiting on formal RRP pricing and reviews!

Jan 16, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #35,818 of 36,116
Hey guys, I just added the Spartacus to my collection. I’m burning in the cable before I fully comment on the Spartacus, but my initial sense is this 6 driver set sounds really good. 👍

One other thing, the included cable with exchangeable connectors is a really nice build, and at a $250 listed price on Noble’s website, a bargain for what you get. More to come …

Hey guys, I’ve been listening to my new Spartacus now that the cable is burned in, and I have to say, this set sounds beautiful to my ears. 😁

The first aspect of its sound that jumped out at me was the quality of the bass performance: the sub-bass is quite impressive for a BA design. There is texture with this bass as well.

The midrange is highly resolving without any mid/upper-mid edginess, and the trebles are quite extended leading to some beautiful imaging; the soundstage is very wide, outside of your ears wide, with good depth & height, but it’s the bass that really stands out on this design.

I’ve always had a fondness for all BA designs going back to the first set I bought with such a design: the Moondrop S8. I don’t have it anymore, but it left an indelible impression on me.

Anyway, a big thumbs up from me. 👍

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2024 at 8:28 PM Post #35,819 of 36,116
I'm having some issues with Fokus Prestige. It's happened twice now but the charging case lights (all 4 LEDs) are flashing rapidly and the buds do not power up at all. Any idea what's causing this @FullCircle ? The manual doesn't show what those flashing lights mean.

Jan 17, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #35,820 of 36,116
I'm having some issues with Fokus Prestige. It's happened twice now but the charging case lights (all 4 LEDs) are flashing rapidly and the buds do not power up at all. Any idea what's causing this @FullCircle ? The manual doesn't show what those flashing lights mean.
Contact Noble HQ ask to speak with Kai, he should be able to sort you out.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back