Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 25, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #30,331 of 36,121
Last night I noticed that on the left iem when I touch to 2pin connector by the iem the sound will cut out sometimes. Is this a normal with 2 pin connectors all of my other iems are mmcx?

May 25, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #30,332 of 36,121
Comparing against the Khan, it loses some of that excellent top-end sparkle and a little of that very articulate midrange. What you gain is a relatively smooth, lush, full sound. Bass hits hard, with a lot more slam. If the Khan is the detail champ, the new hybrid dials it down a notch in favor of a more fun, engaging signature.

Mind you, I've only listened to it for about half an hour (with the Khan), but it's enough to convince me that it's going to fare really well as a complementary IEM to Noble's current flagship.

tenor.gif

May 26, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #30,335 of 36,121
So nice to hear your impressions about the Sage. I have one coming to me next week and can hardly wait to hear them. I had the original Savants and really enjoyed those so I am looking forward their successor.. :ksc75smile:
Ha! You’re going to have a good time I believe - I forgot to state that my source was a V30!

And my other mobile source is an ES100. And I really like Sony sources. So I’m checking out everything in your sig right now :beerchug:

Looking forward to your impressions of the Sage if you care to post them.

May 26, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #30,336 of 36,121
Comparing against the Khan, it loses some of that excellent top-end sparkle and a little of that very articulate midrange. What you gain is a relatively smooth, lush, full sound. Bass hits hard, with a lot more slam. If the Khan is the detail champ, the new hybrid dials it down a notch in favor of a more fun, engaging signature.

Mind you, I've only listened to it for about half an hour (with the Khan), but it's enough to convince me that it's going to fare really well as a complementary IEM to Noble's current flagship.

Color me excited. I'm sure will grab one of these after I pay off my K10 custom that's coming sometime in the next month.

May 26, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #30,337 of 36,121
Hey, so a while ago I tried the Khan. It's remarkable how wonderful the tuning is. The Khan is the first triple-hybrid IEM I've tried. Its design is unique, and intriguing. I've been ever curious of how it sounds since the hint of its release and configuration. I can't write it very well (hence this practice attempt) but if there is one descriptor, I'd say the Khan sounds delightful. To lay out. The Khan has this harmonious blend of a powerful, deep-yet quick, and controlled lows; vast soundstage (both in width, depth) containing within a highly-resolved, accurate, well-layered instruments, natural true-sounding vocals; and a gifted treble that extends well, and is excellently clear, providing the listener with the essential, necessary light without causing the whole presentation to be overly-bright or analytical. I really like the quality of the treble, the resolution it adds to each notes, but it's hard to say especially it, because the Khan has also a really good bass, big surrounding soundstage, and this attractive midrange mixture. Each has its virtue, and together they fuse wonderfully in my opinion. Difficult to accomplish surely. As the dynamic driver can be easily too loud overpowering the rest, or warming condensing the midrange; and also (as with many dual-hybrids) the treble too sparkly, making the notes appear bright/thinner, and the whole signature unnaturally V-shaped. Tuned inattentively otherwise. :) 10/10

P-20190526-1543070.jpg

Last edited:
May 26, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #30,338 of 36,121
@ranfan Glad you enjoyed it! My impressions were the same as yours, pretty much, for the two weeks or so I had it. John really did knock it out of the park with the tuning. The sound-stage (depth specifically) and the layering were my personal favorite parts of it. The bass is different than the K10 but just as enjoyable in a different way.

May 26, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #30,339 of 36,121
@ranfan Glad you enjoyed it! My impressions were the same as yours, pretty much, for the two weeks or so I had it. John really did knock it out of the park with the tuning. The sound-stage (depth specifically) and the layering were my personal favorite parts of it. The bass is different than the K10 but just as enjoyable in a different way.
I agree, the tuning was very well-done. A lot of the criticism from the K10 I guess were considered. As well as the many years of experienced accumulated during the period. John did a great amazing job with the Khan. Since I met him at CanJam 2017, he's been interested in adding a dynamic or hybrid IEM to the lineup. But a triple combination, that's surprising to me. :)

The Khan has this meaty dynamic rumbly sub-bass the K10 misses. And what I really like about it is the finesse, control, and solid high definition of the bass notes. Unlike most dynamic I've heard, which tends to be more murky or 'wild' so to speak, and positioned slightly more forward by its more pronounced mid-bass, sometimes unfortunately interfering with the main midrange. The Khan avoided this by its excellent layering ability, fullness of its rendering, and agility.

Last edited:
May 26, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #30,340 of 36,121
@ranfan if you haven't seen yet, there is a new hybrid coming in the under $1000 range as well. Sometime this year, all I know is we'll have them to listen to at Canjam!

Fully agree on your opinions on the bass, the control and definition is what makes the low end so special (to me) on the Khan.It's perfect for someone who would like a more neutral signature as well compared to the K10 which is a little bit on the warmer side.

May 27, 2019 at 5:27 AM Post #30,342 of 36,121
I agree, the tuning was very well-done. A lot of the criticism from the K10 I guess were considered. As well as the many years of experienced accumulated during the period. John did a great amazing job with the Khan. Since I met him at CanJam 2017, he's been interested in adding a dynamic or hybrid IEM to the lineup. But a triple combination, that's surprising to me. :)

The Khan has this meaty dynamic rumbly sub-bass the K10 misses. And what I really like about it is the finesse, control, and solid high definition of the bass notes. Unlike most dynamic I've heard, which tends to be more murky or 'wild' so to speak, and positioned slightly more forward by its more pronounced mid-bass, sometimes unfortunately interfering with the main midrange. The Khan avoided this by its excellent layering ability, fullness of its rendering, and agility.

Criticisms of the k10?

The boutique Universal IEM that sold over 300 units in 24 hrs on massdrop (a record that has never been matched)

The boutique earphone that recieved 35 consecutive 5 star reviews by head fi members (a record that has never been matched)

To date Massdrop has sold 989 K10 universals, I look forward to #1000, another milestone for the k10.

Honestly, I'm considering building a legacy k10 bringing it to a higher level.

Regardless, the Khan is a king killer, hence the name.... and the reason why I have a pair in my pocket right now. (First set ever built)

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
May 27, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #30,343 of 36,121
Criticisms of the k10?

The boutique Universal IEM that sold over 300 units in 24 hrs on massdrop (a record that has never been matched)

The boutique earphone that recieved 35 consecutive 5 star reviews by head fi members (a record that has never been matched)

To date Massdrop has sold 989 K10 universals, I look forward to #1000, another milestone for the k10.

Regardless, the Khan is a king killer, hence the name.... and the reason why I have a pair in my pocket right now. (First set ever built)

Legacy K10, interesting! So what would you change about it to bring it to a higher level?

May 27, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #30,344 of 36,121
Criticisms of the k10?

I realise that Universals are the way forward for Noble as a company. Personally I would love you to come up with a new TOTL CIEM.

May 27, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #30,345 of 36,121
Any recommended pairings for the Khan? Which Daps/Sources seem to have the best synergies ?
I've tried the Khan with a few DAPs, but I was most impressed when it was driven by the Hugo 2. The Chord DAC brings out the best in Noble's flagship - that midrange magic is retained, but you lose none of the detail and excitement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back