Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 20, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #27,166 of 36,116
I've had my K10's for around 5 years now. I've always been careful when cleaning then but inevitably a certain amount of wax has slipped down the bores. Is there any way or
need to get them professionally cleaned out?
I bought a Jodi Vac because...I need it. Works great!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007ORQ01K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_EZzSAb9YSHF2Y
I also use it in conjunction with a hearing aid dryer/ UV sanitizer. The wax is really easy to clean out then. Worth the extra investment!

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #27,167 of 36,116
...And so i tried the encores. Boy was i impressed.

This is the kind of IEMs i'd always been yearning for for the longest time when i listened to heavy metal. They just give the right amount of energy to me. Listening to 'Redneck' by Lamb of God has been a real treat. I would love to listen to other genres with the encores as well. It's like i'm re-discovering music again each time i listened to the Kaiser Encore.
I use my Encores for just about anything but when it comes to metal, they blow me away every single time. The combination of resolution, speed and deep-yet-tight, fast-yet-hard bass is simply sublime for metal.

Mar 22, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #27,168 of 36,116
In other news, look what landed on my desk today...
g6U7MgB.jpg

Oh look, it's the Noble EDC Bell! 5.8mm dynamic driver, brass housing and they're so tiny! Those squares on the paper are 5x5mm and that's my Encore customs behind them. I only had a couple of hours with the Bells (they really should be called Belle instead...), but holy heck are they FUN! The Noble signature sound is alive and well, the single dynamic tuned to a signature close to that of the Sage, but when the music calls for it, the dynamic driver brings some SERIOUS bass to the party! Sure, the Encore has better mids and a more spacious sound, but at nearly 10x the price... I think they key word for the Bell(e) is FUN - it's damn near impossible to listen to these without grinning from ear to ear.

@bangkokkid you guys best ramp up the production because these things are gonna fly off the shelves. My coworkers think I'm nuts for owning CIEMs like the Encore and high-end universals like the Katana, but everyone who heard the Bell asked when they'd be up for ordering... I'm very happy that I had a chance to listen to them, and I must admit to kinda wanting a set for EDC duty.

Mar 22, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #27,169 of 36,116
I use my Encores for just about anything but when it comes to metal, they blow me away every single time. The combination of resolution, speed and deep-yet-tight, fast-yet-hard bass is simply sublime for metal.

The midrange detail is maybe what is important in metal. IMO

Encore=midrange.

Mar 22, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #27,170 of 36,116
The midrange detail is maybe what is important in metal. IMO

Encore=midrange.
Agreed. That combo of speed, midrange clarity and sublime bass is a rare thing. Opeth, Tool, Rammstein & Amon Amarth on the Encore is guaranteed to have me air-drumming like a crazy person - much to the amusement of the rest of the office.

Mar 22, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #27,174 of 36,116
I saw that. I love my universal k10 and would get the custom in a heart beat but something is telling me that even the skilled wizard would not be able to create a custom k10 that would fit my ears.
Customs are a joy to own. Get some impressions and send them in?

Mar 22, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #27,175 of 36,116
Agreed. That combo of speed, midrange clarity and sublime bass is a rare thing. Opeth, Tool, Rammstein & Amon Amarth on the Encore is guaranteed to have me air-drumming like a crazy person - much to the amusement of the rest of the office.
Gosh.......listening to the 2015 Remix of this day before yesterday.
Just the instrument placement and seperation was mind-boggling!

Mar 22, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #27,176 of 36,116
Customs are a joy to own. Get some impressions and send them in?

I would but I tried to get some 64audio A12 a while back and was told my ears were too small for them. I assume that the K10 needs a similar amount of space for the drivers as that. I lost a fair amount of money last time. Not sure if I want to risk it again. I love the custom fit but I am not sure if I want to risk going for another totl custom given the smallish ears I have.

Mar 22, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #27,177 of 36,116
I would but I tried to get some 64audio A12 a while back and was told my ears were too small for them. I assume that the K10 needs a similar amount of space for the drivers as that. I lost a fair amount of money last time. Not sure if I want to risk it again. I love the custom fit but I am not sure if I want to risk going for another totl custom given the smallish ears I have.
That's a real shame. If 1964 couldn't accommodate you then I guess it is unlikely that Noble will. I hope you find something to suit you. Either in ears or full-size.

Mar 22, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #27,179 of 36,116

original.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back