Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 7, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #25,186 of 36,135
I was wondering if someone more knowledgeable or experienced can help me with a question...

I remember hearing or reading somewhere that imaging is superior for single-ended connections than balanced connection.  Is this true and why?  I just received my silver dragon balanced cables with 2.5 mm jack for my Encores and am noticing that the sound is definitely more articulate, louder, and clearer but imaging and separation is in fact better with the single ended stock cable.  I am finding that the "magic" is gone with the new, balanced cable.  I am using AK380 + amp and interchanging between the 3.5 and 2.5 mm balanced output.  Could it be that the stock SPC cable is better than the silver dragons?  The silver dragons sound, although more articulate and louder, sounds boring to me.  I am thinking maybe I should have gotten the silver dragons with 3.5 mm jack instead. 

You have got a superlative pair of IEM's that should sound great straight out of your player. Why complicate your life? Enjoy your music!

Apr 7, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #25,187 of 36,135
You have got a superlative pair of IEM's that should sound great straight out of your player. Why complicate your life? Enjoy your music!

i used to rely heavily on the mojo on any of iem i use, until i used the sage and headphone out does the trick on tje x5ii, for the first time ever since mojo was heavily relied on

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #25,188 of 36,135
@ jscmd2000: the ak380's balanced output is much worse than its single-ended:

http://www.headfonia.com/review-astell-kern-ak380-momentary/4/

Setting aside the cable/amp controversy, I suspect this is the culprit. Maybe reterminate as single-ended?

Apr 7, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #25,189 of 36,135
@ jscmd2000: the ak380's balanced output is much worse than its single-ended:

http://www.headfonia.com/review-astell-kern-ak380-momentary/4/

Setting aside the cable/amp controversy, I suspect this is the culprit. Maybe reterminate as single-ended?

Ha!  I knew I wasn't crazy... now I know I am not going deaf either!  How did I miss this review, I wonder.  I just fell in love with the AK Jr. and jumped at the 380 without much thought.  And a COPPER one at that.

Thank you so much for this info.  I am going to stuff some kleenex into the balanced output jack and stick with the SE.  My poor Layla ii's that I sold couple of months ago thinking "how boring" which never saw any light or performed anywhere near its potential, probably, other than the balanced output out of AK380.

Thank you~

Apr 7, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #25,190 of 36,135
Fascinating stuff!  Learning a lot here
atsmile.gif

Apr 7, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #25,191 of 36,135
Apr 8, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #25,192 of 36,135
I have the Savanna and I love it!  Now I'm considering the Sage - how does its signature differ from the Savanna? Many people have praised its imaging capabilities - is it better than the Savanna in that regard? What about the highs - I feel that the splash cymbal could use a little more decay on the Savanna? The bass?  

Apr 8, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #25,193 of 36,135
Will that be the silver or the copper ones?

I've tried several of their cables, and to be frank, I've never asked for their constituents. Still, I've always associated their cables with a brighter sound. Do note that I'm quite sensitive to treble, so this could be the reason for this lasting impression.

And a week later, it's on Head-Fi now. Enjoy... again.
biggrin.gif

A Clear Blue Day – A Review of the Noble Audio Kaiser Encore

Great job, buddy! Very comprehensive review there.
smile.gif

Apr 8, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #25,194 of 36,135

Will that be the silver or the copper ones?

I've tried several of their cables, and to be frank, I've never asked for their constituents. Still, I've always associated their cables with a brighter sound. Do note that I'm quite sensitive to treble, so this could be the reason for this lasting impression.

I also hated bright sounding cables for iem...but it is the inflexibility of the Truth cable that puts me off so far.

Apr 9, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #25,195 of 36,135
I managed to try on the Katana the other day, and coming from the PR, this is the logical upgrade. It takes the best of pure, make it better and remove the bad. I tried asking the shop if they take liver or kidney as payment, but they responded with police threats. So-called for being flexible in payment.

Apr 9, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #25,196 of 36,135
I managed to try on the Katana the other day, and coming from the PR, this is the logical upgrade. It takes the best of pure, make it better and remove the bad. I tried asking the shop if they take liver or kidney as payment, but they responded with police threats. So-called for being flexible in payment.

Did u try the sage, that may be a more economical option

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 9, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #25,197 of 36,135
Apr 9, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #25,198 of 36,135
64Audio.Com are the best and the first to offer 18 drivers per side that's a total of 36 armature drivers plus I own the A12 and they sound perfect fabulous and with this A12 universal fit they offer a saving of $1,500 dollars compared to all others. I'm going to buy now the A18 and I will make a review with both monitors. Go take a look 64Audio.Com. Thank-you for your time

All your posts since you've joined have now been flagged a Spam, thought you should know.

Apr 9, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #25,199 of 36,135
Why are you advertising 64 Audio in the Noble thread (as well as many others) please stop.
rolleyes.gif

Obviously a troll...just joined today to spam the threads. Most who bought Noble will also know of 64Audio

Don't get me wrong I loved both brands...my 2 items of choice for daily use are my K10UA and U8...will add a Katana and tia Forte when they start shipping

Users who are viewing this thread

Back