Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 21, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #24,736 of 36,116
  So today was the day! Received pics of my finished Encore wizard reprints.

One slight problem, they're quite different from the reprint I requested, so just checking with Brannan & Sunny as to my options.

Part of me thinks it's fine, you'll be listening to them more than looking at them, but another part of me is thinking about how much they cost and that I really want to be satisfied across both the sound and visuals front.

Torn...

Would also be interested to hear from folks who have been in a similar situation.

Thanks,

Pete

Feb 21, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #24,737 of 36,116

Part of me thinks it's fine, you'll be listening to them more than looking at them, but another part of me is thinking about how much they cost and that I really want to be satisfied across both the sound and visuals front.

Torn...

Give it a few days, If you're still not 100% satisfied with the look, send 'em back. But they just might grow on you... My original K10 was a Wizard Design and when I heard that they'd have amber shells, clear canals and lots of gold I couldn't imagine them looking anything but completely horrible. Much to my surprise, they actually looked amazing and I've come to love the design.

How far off the mark are they?

Feb 21, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #24,738 of 36,116
[quote name="Sorensiim"
[/URL]

Oh and there IS a way to do a blind A/B test with IEM
with this:

Et voila: Using dual-input iems and a switchbox you can now jump between cables at the twist of a knob. Was quite interesting to try!
[/quote]
Sorry to be dense. How does that work at the CIEM end?

Feb 21, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #24,739 of 36,116
So here's the reprint I was looking for:

They have that staring into space feel. Solid black shell with blue and white.

My ones:

They look like transparent blue shells with just white stars. Very different feel to me. 

I checked them on my phone and thought yep, that's exactly what I want. But it was only when I saw the pics on my laptop screen that I noticed the difference.

Feb 21, 2017 at 7:31 AM Post #24,740 of 36,116

They look like transparent blue shells with just white stars. Very different feel to me. 

I checked them on my phone and thought yep, that's exactly what I want. But it was only when I saw the pics on my laptop screen that I noticed the difference.

You know that laptop screens can be misleading in terms of colour reproduction. Go to an Apple Store and see them on a 5K iMac screen or a MacBook Pro 2016.

Feb 21, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #24,742 of 36,116
TBH the originals do look better. The two shells are different from each other in a nice way and the design has more "air" in it. That's probably a problem with trying to recreate a design. You have such a fixed point to aim for and I'm sure it is not a precise process.
If you had never seen the originals you may well be happier with these. You will only know when you have them in your hands but it is probably worth speaking to Brannan. He's a very approachable guy.

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #24,746 of 36,116
  Good point
Hi Obsidyen,

Yep, good point. I'm using a 2015 Retina MacBook Pro. Thats how I got a good look at the pics.

Original has a black shell and the remake has a blue shell.  Seems pretty obvious they made an error.  I don't think it looks as good as the original.

Feb 21, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #24,748 of 36,116
Lighting and backdrop are also major factors in how these iems appear in photos. Mine look very different in photos depending on the light conditions. You might want to ask Noble to send you some additional photos.

Feb 21, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #24,749 of 36,116
Mine looked fairly light coloured in the photos but are actually much darker in real life if that helps. BTW I think they both look great IMO if that helps 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back